Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Aldi have a high ("turtle") necked base layer next week for a tenner - I far prefer these over the more easily obtained crew necked jobbies. Seems good value........but Thursday will tell!
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_19811.htm

....and these could be used as overshoes!!:D
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_19801.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

20% off all top offers for today only at ROSE.COM.

http://www.roseversand.com/adventcalender/show

Great stuff available on offer, lots of pro gear price cut with an extra 20% off. Go to products, then top offers on left side panel to see whats has 20% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

Got these for something like €26 and they're a blinding set of lights.

LINK

31P3thTp5-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Wheely GR8 wrote: »

LINK

are these lights easy to remove when not riding at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭squeaky crank

manafana wrote: »
    are these lights easy to remove when not riding at night?

yeah - 10 seconds on and off - they have a small clip with stays on the bike - I have these on my commuter - back light is good - front is ok - good value
    s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

LINK

Top notch set of lights for the money. I've them too but I paid near 35 for them

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Hi,

Can some recommend a good cheap pair of padded bib tights please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

BX 19 wrote: »
    Top notch set of lights for the money. I've them too but I paid near 35 for them

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

agentgreen wrote: »
    Hi,

Can some recommend a good cheap pair of padded bib tights please?

Thanks.

Can't post a link from here but the dhb roubaix ones from Wiggle are good and warm. If you want to save a few quid, you can buy the ones without the pad and wear padded shorts (assuming you have some) underneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

padded

unpadded

Only four euro in the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Can't post a link from here but the dhb roubaix ones from Wiggle are good and warm. If you want to save a few quid, you can buy the ones without the pad and wear padded shorts (assuming you have some) underneath.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Only four euro in the difference

Thanks.

Can't access the site from here. I'm sure there was a bigger difference when I bought them last year. Still might be worth going without the pad if you have a comfy pair of shorts you might like to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Thanks.

Can't access the site from here. I'm sure there was a bigger difference when I bought them last year. Still might be worth going without the pad if you have a comfy pair of shorts you might like to use.

Sorry, wasn't being smart, just wanted to clarify. Wiggle also have a discount on DHB at the moment.

Fuji Track 1.0 reduced on Velodrome Shop UK

http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=766

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

With the unpadded tights you can wear clean shorts underneath everyday (assuming you have a few pairs of shorts) and get away with washing the tights every 2 or 3 days without risking saddle sores and infection.

Otherwise you'd need 2 or 3 pairs of tights and a busy washing machine. Therein lies the saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I got 2 pairs of these for wearing under jeans/trousers
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pro-padded-undershorts/

gonna order a few more. I thought I had a puncture a couple of times but it was the pad, its much higher quality than the Lusso padded underwear tho I prefer the Lusso main fabric

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

how are they size wise. ive read on some reviews that they are on the small side. im 185cm and 32" waist which suggests medium but would you recommend going up a size?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

this is probably not a bargain at all but I find these tights to be perfect for this chilly weather:
    http://www.backcountry.com/sugoi-subzero-zap-tights-womens-sug0547

I picked a pair in TkMaxx in Carrickmines for 40eur a few days ago. Ok, they're not padded but what you need the padding for :confused: when saddle is designed to take the pressure off those parts of the body.
    I went cycling when it was +4C max outside and oh god I was sweating in them. Very pleased with the purchase and would recommend. Don't know if they had mens version of these tights but there were a good few left in womens sports gear section.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

Ah I just saw what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paddyduc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

j@utis wrote: »
    Ok, they're not padded but what you need the padding for :confused: when saddle is designed to take the pressure off those parts of the body.

Try being a man. Things move around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

I have a CRC £10 off voucher if anyone wants it. Minimum £75 spend valid for the next 10 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Absolutely no idea if this thing is any use or not, but to anyone looking for a speedo/cadence thingy for their iPhone this is an online deal today:
    New Potato Tech Liverider Bike Mount
    Claims to be € 50 delivered versus € 100 RRP.
    INFO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Gavb wrote: »
    I have a CRC £10 off voucher if anyone wants it. Minimum £75 spend valid for the next 10 days or so.

Dibs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Looking at the Ultremo ZXHD. Cheapest I can find is BIKE24 at about e26 (plus e10 for shipping). Any other online site that might be cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Ciclosport CM 4.2 HR, basic wireless computer with HRM, £25.29 fom Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Looking at the Ultremo ZXHD. Cheapest I can find is BIKE24 at about e26 (plus e10 for shipping). Any other online site that might be cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

Planet-X have some in silver or pink only for about €54 delivered.
    Bike Discount are typically €60 delivered but some colours e.g. green are cheaper.

I have a pair in black (BNIB) that were a warranty replacement for some Ultremo R.1's that exploded. I could let you have them for €50 if you're interested? Not worth my while selling them for any less as I'll use them in the summer anyway:).

Rose have the Conti Grand Prix for €44 delivered in 22, 24 or 28c. Not quite as good as the 4000s but have same black chilli compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I have a pair in black (BNIB) that were a warranty replacement for some Ultremo R.1's that exploded. I could let you have them for €50 if you're interested? Not worth my while selling them for any less as I'll use them in the summer anyway:).

Black 23mm?? If they're BNIB and not lying around for too long then I'll happily take them Paul for e50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Black 23mm?? If they're BNIB and not lying around for too long then I'll happily take them Paul for e50.

Yep, they're black 23mm BNIB and I picked them up from the distributor at the end of November (less than 6 weeks ago). PM on the way:).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

any codes for the usual online shops for a bit off a reduction as part of the sales? crc in particular?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement