Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Smart R1 Luggage Mounted Rear Light LISMRTR1
    High power, long battery life, LED commuter rear light with belt-clip fixing.

Combination 3 LED's 1x one watt 'Extreme' LED + 2x standard power
    180 visibility
    Can be seen upto one mile away
    Low mode runs up to 100 hours and 30 hours on steady

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LISMRTR1/smart-r1-luggage-mounted-rear-light

If anyone wants to order I can split the postage costs with you.
    Its £4.95 p+p

Just ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

mathie wrote: »

Its £4.95 p+p

I'm in, worth a punt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Its £4.95 p+p
    greenmat wrote: »
    I'm in, worth a punt :)

Was looking at what I think is the same light on CRC earlier for about 17 quid, so I'd be interested too if not too late, and you're around Dublin? Otherwise forwarding might negate benefit of splitting p+p? Would probably be looking at ordering 2-3, just to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

zerks wrote: »
    Just a quick update,was in my local store yesterday (Enniscorthy) and all the gear is half price.
    Merino base layers reduced from €19.99 to €9.99.

whats the name of the store? Kenny's for bikes? Or is it Aldi? didn't know Aldi sold merino.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You won't get away with that in all stores. I got pulled up trying to use 2 discounts and they'd only allow one.

Put a deposit on the bike and they will hold at the discount price and then pay final price and use the AxA card then, has worked for me in there and have used AxA card on other discounted stuff and no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

NBar wrote: »
    Put a deposit on the bike and they will hold at the discount price and then pay final price and use the AxA card then, has worked for me in there and have used AxA card on other discounted stuff and no problems

It varies from store to store as I was saying.

Their policy is only to allow one or the other so it will depend on how young/inexperienced the ales person is.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

NBar wrote: »
    Stores have clamped down on this more. Policy is now that to avail of a discount (i.e 15% off boardman) the full price has to be paid by the end of the promotion (the 26th in this case) And usually the discount can't be proceeded after as the till coupon expires. Also only one discount per transaction. Unless you take advantage of someone who looks new.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

25% off all DHB stuff on Wiggle.
    Enter Code dhbis10

Offer Ends 2pm (GMT) Thursday 27th Nov 2014.

Site seems to be down at the minute though..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

whats the name of the store? Kenny's for bikes? Or is it Aldi? didn't know Aldi sold merino.

Aldi,they had a good few in my local store.Tops & leggings.

• Advertisement

dfdream wrote: »
    25% off all DHB stuff on Wiggle.
    Enter Code dhbis10

Offer Ends 2pm (GMT) Thursday 27th Nov 2014.

Site seems to be down at the minute though..

This may just be coincidence but ...

Nov 1 2014 11:51AM Hi mathie,

The following order has been confirmed and sent out for you via the delivery method selected.

€52.28 1 x dhb Windslam Blade Long sleeve Jersey Black Extra Large

€0.00 Delivery
    €52.28 Grand Total

Todays price ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Todays price ...

Have seen the same happen on Wiggle recently. Was looking at lifeline USB backup lights, they were very cheap, next of all they have a sale on lights, and they were 8pounds more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Todays price ...

Same experience, bought dhb Vaeon Roubaix Pro Padded Bib Tight Red Extra Large - €63.35 - order placed on November 10th

Last week they upped the price to €102.59 just in time for the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

20% off planet x wheels until Tuesday using UKBFWHEELS20

I agree.

Was going to buy a few bits and some were dearer than they were in the past even with the 25%.
    I didnt order and got email from wiggle to ask me why I didnt complete the order.
    I stated the same thing that items were removed from one discount to be given another but ending up dearer.

I mentioned that other sites show the previous lowest price so you can clearly see where the vlaue is.

Seems like the online stores are doing more of this juggling prices / discounts and offers.

So best to add items to basket and not proceed so WIGGLE are aware of the frustrations.

Another issue is where gold or platinum discounts only work on items with no discount already. Not much of a loyalty bonus...

TonyStark wrote: »
    Same experience, bought dhb Vaeon Roubaix Pro Padded Bib Tight Red Extra Large - €63.35 - order placed on November 10th

Last week they upped the price to €102.59 just in time for the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

I have to say that has not been my experience of wiggle. I just checked back over what dhb items I have bought in the last 12 months and they are all the same price now. One item I bought on 25th of October was the long sleeve windslam blade jersey mentioned earlier and I paid €74.68 for it.

Bought these bits for commuting 2 weeks ago for €11.87 (now €23.87)
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-active-thermal-padded-bib-short/

and this for €19.99 (now €38.46)
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-active-thermal-padded-bib-tight/?sku=5360592850

Even with the 25% discount they are still way dearer than I paid 2 weeks ago.

Im a big wiggle fan (dont seem to buy anywhere else at the moment) but this price switching is exactly what supermarkets here are getting grief for, make everything sound like an offer. It also would explain the issue with the Zonda wheels a few weeks back. So many price changes up and down that there is bound to be an error.

darkvalley wrote: »
    I have to say that has not been my experience of wiggle. I just checked back over what dhb items I have bought in the last 12 months and they are all the same price now. One item I bought on 25th of October was the long sleeve windslam blade jersey mentioned earlier and I paid €74.68 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

re the wiggle stuff - was the stuff bought or priced previously the full rrp or a sale price? Just asking cos I know the DHB stuff was on sale a couple of weeks ago for a really good price.

Thats the point trying to be made. The items are available at better prices in the recent past then the discounts are removed to be replaced with smaller discounts to make it look like you are getting the bargain of the century...
    lennymc wrote: »
    re the wiggle stuff - was the stuff bought or priced previously the full rrp or a sale price? Just asking cos I know the DHB stuff was on sale a couple of weeks ago for a really good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Planet X are doing pro carbon sl road bike with ultegra 6800 for £899 on their daily deals today. (25% off, rrp was £1199)

Can't post the URL but easy to find in daily deals section (planet x uk site)

dfdream wrote: »
    Thats the point trying to be made. The items are available at better prices in the recent past then the discounts are removed to be replaced with smaller discounts to make it look like you are getting the bargain of the century...

Or this sale price is a bit higher than the previous sale price but still less than the recommend retail price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Ryath wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds stupid....

We dont have a clue what the flash price will be until 6pm?

How do we get a list of items that are going to be on flash sale??

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds stupid....

We dont have a clue what the flash price will be until 6pm?

How do we get a list of items that are going to be on flash sale??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Friday-Deals/b/ref=Deals?ie=UTF8&node=161428031&pf_rd_p=556200847&pf_rd_s=nav-sitewide-msg&pf_rd_t=4201&pf_rd_i=navbar-4201&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=05PEPJ7M3RAPZPX3EVHB&gb_hero_f_100=p:7,c:all,s:available

No won't know price till it goes on sale they could have only 10-15% of or over 50% The garmins usually have a good bit of the 910xt had 61% and I got an Edge 800 for under €180 last year may have been closer to €170 can't remember for sure

Some pretty horrible reviews up there for this.

Anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Sram Red 53-39 GXP Crank Set (177.5mm cranks) for £129 from Amazon of all places...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sram-Road-Gram-53-39T-Crank/dp/B0079V31QI/

Only 2 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Anyone have one?

Best try the Triathletes for reviews on this one.

My brother has one. He is a Triathlete.
    He loves it for what he does but he also needed to get it replaced 3 times ( under warranty ) due to fogging issues.
    Each time he just went to the store and got a new one over the counter.

Fogging is a known problem with these 910xt's although Garmin dont acknowledge/accept it as an issue, they replace without question.
    Not sure how that would work when getting it from Amazon.

EDIT: just realised i responded to a post about Garmins 910xt watch and not the GPS unit you were on about. oops.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Best try the Triathletes for reviews on this one.

My brother has one. He is a Triathlete.
    He loves it for what he does but he also needed to get it replaced 3 times ( under warranty ) due to fogging issues.
    Each time he just went to the store and got a new one over the counter.

Fogging is a known problem with these 910xt's although Garmin dont acknowledge/accept it as an issue, they replace without question.
    Not sure how that would work when getting it from Amazon.

i presume he meant the other garmin unit as the 910 has already been on sale?

Anyone have one?

I'm using the open source maps with my edge 800 and this unit is basically the same without ant+ so no cadence or heart rate. Nearly all garmins can be a bit buggy. Mine has froze once and it changed the dates on my old activities once but otherwise has worked perfectly. Most of the reviews issues are with the mapping I find it usually works fairly well if following a preprogrammed route but occasionaly if you go of route it doesn't recalculate properly. You can see the route on the map though. I think some of the issues are down to the open source maps. It probably does better using garmins own maps but for the little I need mapping the open source works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So it's now GBP115 with only 25% claimed. Not a bad price...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement