Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone on the lookout for track pumps and around north/west Dublin could check out TK Maxx, they have two tracks pumps by a company called Canyon, doubt it's the bike manufacturers. They have a standard one for €34.99 but also this electronic one
    http://road.cc/content/review/40662-canyon-elite-electronic-track-pump
    Which TK Maxx did you spot them in?

Thanks

Lpb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Aha, that got your attention didn't it?

Was at a 60th anniversary shindig in Joe Daly's last night and to mark the occasion they're selling four bikes at 60% off. 2 drop bar road bikes: A Z75 (sora triple, 799 to 320 ish), a Trek something or other (basic shimano double, 699 maybe, down to 290 or something silly), a trek mtb, 599 down to 229(?) and a ladies hybrid, of some description - might be a kelly's not sure.

Savage bargains, but only one of each, and this saturday only. If you go by the shop you'll see them in the window.
    The Felt particularly is a very nice looking machine. MTB looks good too.

Great, great deal for some lucky person. If anyone has a good sleeping bag and cares to brave the elements friday night, could be all yours :D

Edit - Ah FFS. I keep posting in adverts by accident, probably cos I keep browsing that section - sorry:rolleyes:

Please move - I'm not selling these bikes, and I've nothing to do with the sale whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Took a punt on the Craft bib's, couldn't resist at that price. Got two race packs and bib's for €35. Get an extra 10% off with CYCLESPORT10 code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thanks

Lpb

Oops, Blanchardstown, left the important bit out ! Upstairs to the back right where they keep the nic-nacs. Had a good few this afternoon with other odd bits and pieces like saddles and packable rain jackets and trousers but not many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e446ef2ba2f515d1696a68dba&id=cafb6258a8&e=5fe330f200

Some deals might interest some people, says there's more to be found in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks

Lpb
    I was in TK Maxx Swords last night and they had heaps of them there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

fat bloke wrote: »

Was at a 60th anniversary shindig in Joe Daly's last night and to mark the occasion they're selling four bikes at 60% off. 2 drop bar road bikes: A Z75 (sora triple, 799 to 320 ish), a Trek something or other (basic shimano double, 699 maybe, down to 290 or something silly), a trek mtb, 599 down to 229(?) and a ladies hybrid, of some description - might be a kelly's not sure.

Savage bargains, but only one of each, and this saturday only. If you go by the shop you'll see them in the window.

Great, great deal for some lucky person. If anyone has a good sleeping bag and cares to brave the elements friday night, could be all yours :D

Edit - Ah FFS. I keep posting in adverts by accident, probably cos I keep browsing that section - sorry:rolleyes:

Please move - I'm not selling these bikes, and I've nothing to do with the sale whatsoever.
    Wow, sounds tempting! Wonder if people are there already? Called shop earlier - it's a 58cm F100 for € 319 - good entry level bike? Other one is trek 1.1 but it's something like 54cm I think. If i thought heading there 06:00 would do the job I nearly would! But I reckon others might have the same idea! :) Not really that much better a deal than cycle to work though I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    fat bloke wrote: »

Wow, sounds tempting! Wonder if people are there already? Called shop earlier - it's a 58cm F100 for € 319 - good entry level bike? Other one is trek 1.1 but it's something like 54cm I think. If i thought heading there 06:00 would do the job I nearly would! But I reckon others might have the same idea! :) Not really that much better a deal than cycle to work though I guess
    On the off-chance anyone was thinking of heading over there and checks here first, all four bikes are gone! I decided to chance my arm and headed over there half an hour ago, but 4 xcamped outside already! Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be! At least the lad who's taking the Felt isn't buying to sell on or anything and he said himself he couldn't afford it but that it was at the bargain price, so I'm glad it wasn't going to end up on Adverts or something later on to make a few quid! Someday I'll find me that cheap road bike! Back to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I got one of these gilets recently...

http://www.solocc.com/product.cfm?cid=15&pid=24

Just over 30 euro delivered...Saw it in Stillorgan for 69 euro...

Great fit, very windproof and fine in light rain/showers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I don't know anything about rosebikes.co.uk but I'm presuming they are genuine, if they are then this is a bargain (;39.24), seeing as it's on CRC for €139 (from €220), I have this computer and its rock solid.
    Link: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/ciclosport-hac-4000-white-ltd/aid:519925
    Looks like you get HR and speed, other add-on's like cadence & PC evaluation software can be added later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I don't know anything about rosebikes.co.uk but I'm presuming they are genuine, if they are then this is a bargain (;39.24), seeing as it's on CRC for €139 (from €220), I have this computer and its rock solid.
    Link: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/ciclosport-hac-4000-white-ltd/aid:519925
    Looks like you get HR and speed, other add-on's like cadence & PC evaluation software can be added later.
    they are genuine, company is in Germany. they have some great prices on certain items and cheap postage too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Dolan have some great deals on their website at the moment.

Complete carbon framesets for £510 delivered, their Tuono SE frameset for £711. Preffisio winter frameset for £211. Also track bikes and complete bikes built up with SRAM components.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Garmin Edge 200 is 129 from CSS today. Handtec have it for 144 GBP.

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/Deal.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

penexpers wrote: »

Not much of a deal really. With little effort I'm sure that I could find it for cheaper elsewhere. For that kind of money one really ought to pay that little bit extra for the 500.

Here for 165 dollars delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Lemag wrote: »
    Not much of a deal really. With little effort I'm sure that I could find it for cheaper elsewhere. For that kind of money one really ought to pay that little bit extra for the 500.

Here for 165 dollars delivered.

+ possibility of customs?

+ possibility of customs?
    True that. I didn't put much of an effort in to my search though. The deal with the far superior 500 at the start of this thread came in at about €114 delivered. This appears to have been an exceptionally good deal however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Just received a pair of Continental Sport Contact tyres for my road bike (700 x 28 - smallest size available), each tyre comes with free Continental tubes. At €22 each, I thought this was a bargain
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18828

Some things that caught my eye -

Pro 3 Race tyres for only €14.50.

Tiagra Components at big discounts (complete groupset about €150!).

CicloSport computer
    with HRM, altimeter, wireless cadence and PC evaluation for €77.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Some things that caught my eye

Tiagra Components at big discounts (complete groupset about €150!).

As long as you dont want shifters ! €144 on their own

• Advertisement

As long as you dont want shifters ! €144 on their own

4500 Shifters were there for €67 a pair less than an hour ago. Now disappeared off website.

"Too late, too late, will be the cry, when the man with the bargains has passed you by" - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

4500 Shifters were there for €67 a pair less than an hour ago. Now disappeared off website.

"Too late, too late, will be the cry, when the man with the bargains has passed you by" - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

yeh saw those - out of stock when i looked (obviously had loads let - not)

some good prices on whats left though

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Johnners1878

funkyjebus wrote: »

A chap would cut quite a dash in the Paris Herringbone. I shall table a motion to adopt it as part of our new club gear....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CicloSport computer
    with HRM, altimeter, wireless cadence and PC evaluation for €77.

This better be goood or me and my CC bill are coming after you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I thought these Ritchey bars were very good value...Depends on how much the delivery is and whether you are brave enough to ride such bling bars!!

http://www.roseversand.com/article/ritchey-racing-handlebar-wcs-logic-ii/aid:488083/fromtopoffers:1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I was tempted when I first got the email today but an additional 7.99 postage pushes it above CRC's 136 euro price and I don't have to make the decision today! With the amount of 10% offers CRC have had lately it would bring it down to almost 120 if there;s another.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

There is a garmin edge 200 in halfords coolock. If i recall it's around 150 euro but if you have an axa card you get 15% off it comes to 127.5. or so. I'll double check in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

upimg0%5CLed-bike-light-_177710.jpg

One of the chain of pound shops has these for €2 (includes batteries). I'd never use them as my main lights but they're handy to have as a back-up as they are quite small. I tried them tonight when I went to the supermarket and they are surprisingly bright. I got them in the shop on Georges Street, I think they have another place on Liffey Street.

As said, not ideal as main lights but great as a back-up.

Smart Lunar 25 Lux Front Light £17.49
    Smart 1/2 Watt Rear Light £8.49

They are available as a set also but it appears to be cheaper to buy them separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Cheers Lemag, I picked up the Smart 1/2 Watt Rear Light there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement