Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authenticity of the Ulster Covenant ??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

getzls wrote: »
    CDfm wrote: »
    I could not understand your point.
    Sinn Fein engaged in Electoral Fraud, ( tick that box)

Its off topic - but what are your sources ????

Its history so its factual and that does not offend anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

Its off topic - but what are your sources ????

No source for this but someone might, there was a story that during one of the counts in 1918 the Sinn Fein candidate was behind and a guy jumped up stuck a handgun to the tally mans back and said 'count again'. Could be an old wives tale now.

Nhead wrote: »

No source for this but someone might, there was a story that during one of the counts in 1918 the Sinn Fein candidate was behind and a guy jumped up stuck a handgun to the tally mans back and said 'count again'. Could be an old wives tale now.

LOL :)

I think this is miles off topic and probably is something for a new thread and think if getzls wants to discuss it -it should be on another thread.

The natural way for this thread is that the UC was the precursor to popular unionist political movements in that era and political parties including a unionist labour party that developed that I know nothing about.

Not everyone had the vote either, pre 1918 it was restricted with property qualifications, post 1918 men over 21 and women over 30, 1922 (south women over 21) 1930 north women over 21.

So I think this could be an interesting thread that way and a new topic for the other stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I actually believe you on that one. but you'll needy show us all evidence for proof that it happened. (you probably can't but i believe you theres times when you can't post evidence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

:confused:

Could someone fix the quote boxes in the above posts? - at one point we have CDfm talking to himself or answering himself - which he might well enough do but I am totally confused.

• Advertisement

Hi MD , I have fixed that
    Originally Posted by CDfm viewpost.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

You need to clarify what your point is, and provide a source to back it up if it is not a clearly accepted point.

Advertisement