Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibiza club camera policies

Options
  • 13-08-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi all after not making it out to ibiza last year Im heading back in a few weeks, Im just wondering from anyone who's been over this year what the club policies on bringing in ur digital camera have been, from what I can remember Privilege was d only 1 that game me hastle before, however I wont be going near the place this time around,

Also is the smoking ban being enforced in any of the clubs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

People who bring cameras in to clubs should be fired from a cannon into the sea. Instead of trying to capture the moment why not just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

ianuss wrote: »
    People who bring cameras in to clubs should be fired from a cannon into the sea. Instead of trying to capture the moment why not just enjoy it.

handy to ave pics cause the xtc has depleted the auld memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Most smartphones have good quality cameras thesedays so no need for an actual camera, my Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8PM camera and takes cracking photos, they wont take the phone off you.

totally bizzare comment, why bring a camera anywhere then:eek:

People who bring cameras into nightclubs are dikkheads, and the same goes for smartphones. There's nothing worse on a dancefloor than having some knob with his hand up trying to get some footage. You should be there to enjoy the music. Good clubs should always be about the music.

Also, I just don't get why you would want to bring a camera to a nightclub. I really don't. You can't hear music through a picture. You'll always know you were at the gig, it's not like you need reminding of the fact. And lastly, nobody else is ar5ed looking at your poxy photos anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

why do many of the best clubs in the world have a no cameras policy?

Because many people wouldn't be too happy about photos surfacing on the internet (facebook etc) of us mangled to the gills.

jtsuited wrote: »
    why do many of the best clubs in the world have a no cameras policy?

Because many people wouldn't be too happy about photos surfacing on the internet (facebook etc) of us mangled to the gills.

....or dancing in the basement of TP with your shirt open all the way.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    totally bizzare comment, why bring a camera anywhere then:eek:

you're a totally bizarre comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

handsatgigs.jpg

People who bring cameras into nightclubs are dikkheads, and the same goes for smartphones. There's nothing worse on a dancefloor than having some knob with his hand up trying to get some footage. You should be there to enjoy the music. Good clubs should always be about the music.

Also, I just don't get why you would want to bring a camera to a nightclub. I really don't. You can't hear music through a picture. You'll always know you were at the gig, it's not like you need reminding of the fact. And lastly, nobody else is ar5ed looking at your poxy photos anyway.

ok next time im in Ibiza ill leave my smartphone at home shall i...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

you're a totally bizarre comment.

Grade A weirdo :eek:

Grade A weirdo :eek:

I know you are but what am I.....

I know you are but what am I.....

so basically what you are trying to say is that anyone who happens to shoot a video in a club is a dickhead, unbelievable,utter tripe of the highest order, ive never heard anything so bizzare in a long time mate seriously, ive taken some amazing videos over the last few years at Raves and then enjoyed watching them and then uploading them to YouTube and posting them on various websites, are you are completely off your fuc*in head or what:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/jonny68

check the amount of videos ive taken over the years in clubs/raves/festivals

maybe ill put an end to it now because people who shoot videos in clubs are dickheads right:eek::rolleyes:

so basically what you are trying to say is that anyone who happens to shoot a video in a club is a dickhead, unbelievable,utter tripe of the highest order, ive never heard anything so bizzare in a long time mate seriously, ive taken some amazing videos over the last few years at Raves and then enjoyed watching them and then uploading them to YouTube and posting them on various websites, are you are completely off your fuc*in head or what:eek:

See post 6 for details.

And I would sooner eat my own a55 hair than watch any of your videos.

See post 6 for details.

And I would sooner eat my own a55 hair than watch any of your videos.

NUTTER

834h.jpg

I remember when at least 4 of the regular members here demanded that a hipster type photographer (with a MASSIVE camera) take a photo of them rather than the well dressed hipsters she had previously been photographing as a larf. The hipster timidly gave in to humour the lads.

Little did they know that little hipster would actually upload the photo the facebook, and that said members would be tagged in all their mangler glory for all friends and family to see.

oh and the better a club is, the less people are capturing it on their fcukin stupid cameras.

I can understand promoters shooting pictures of the artists for their website etc., but guys just standing beside the booth holding a camera is really sad looking imo.

Also, when the topic arose about iphones having some copyright blocking thing on them at gigs, nearly everyone I heard speak of it were saying 'thank christ, now gigs won't be ruined by saps holding up their fcuking smartphones'.

I like to shoot some videos and then look back on them at a later date even better if it was an especially brilliant night, the majority of my videos are ones ive taken myself and are club/music related, looking back on some of my vids im delighted with some of them and brings back some great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Firstly, i never have brought a camera into a nightclub or rave yet, but, to go by what the anti camera people seem to be saying, if your there to enjoy the tunes then would you be giving a fúck what anyone else is doing with their camera?

You should get on with enjoying your tunes & forget all about the camera heads.

Now if its bugging you because people have the camera in the air then you must be getting píssed because you cant see your favorite DJ play, Yes?

two things spring to my mind from that,

A. You actually are, in a sense, the same as the guy with the camera as it is a visual experience you are after, the camera guy just want to preserve it for the future.

B. You dont like seeing people have their hands up in the air in front of you, you really need to get a grip so, its a fúckin Rave not an opera!!!!

Finally, the preservation of events via camera & video has always been something that future generations look back on & thank the camera man for, major musical events, historical records of streets/biuldings, war, etc.

Can i finish with asking, what is it that pissés you off so much about a few people taking pics as long as it is not of you?

That is the only sliver of an argument i could possibly see as being in any way just, and thats slim at that.

• Advertisement

I always just have my phone with me which i can shoot vids if i want, i don't bring an actual camcorder into a club, have a look through some of the videos ive taken over the years http://www.youtube.com/jonny68 some amazing footage there from mostly clubs/raves/festivals, memories that's what it's about for me and that's what these vids are about.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Firstly, i never have brought a camera into a nightclub or rave yet, but, to go by what the anti camera people seem to be saying, if your there to enjoy the tunes then would you be giving a fúck what anyone else is doing with their camera?

Now if its bugging you because people have the camera in the air then you must be getting píssed because you cant see your favorite DJ play, Yes?

A. You actually are, in a sense, the same as the guy with the camera as it is a visual experience you are after, the camera guy just want to preserve it for the future.

B. You dont like seeing people have their hands up in the air in front of you, you really need to get a grip so, its a fúckin Rave not an opera!!!!

Photos I don't have any real problem with except the knowledge that there is many a shot of me out there in various states of distress. It's videoing things that I find retarded. The problem is that the heads with the camera phones are stood immobile in the stupidest places taking up valuable floor space that could be put to its proper use rather than for someone who is experiencing the night vicariously through their phone screen.
    Finally, the preservation of events via camera & video has always been something that future generations look back on & thank the camera man for, major musical events, historical records of streets/biuldings, war, etc.

Some grainy footage with a distorted soundtrack is hardly a historical record of an event. It's just proof that you were standing that distance from the band/dj and you watched the whole event through your phone rather than actual savouring the experience.

Some grainy footage with a distorted soundtrack is hardly a historical record of an event. It's just proof that you were standing that distance from the band/dj and you watched the whole event through your phone rather than actual savouring the experience.

Ahh, but if some grainy footage of, say woodstock was unearthed it would priceless, little bit of Jefferson Airplane from the audience as it was experienced would be very entertaining to watc, no?

Any old grainy footage of a particular part of dublin, cork, galway or tullamore etc would be of great interest to the folks from them areas.

I do take you point so about someone standing completley immobile for any length of time is a waste of floor space, but surley you could do a little foxtrot 10 foot to the left & be completley away from said offending documentary filmer:D

Photos I don't have any real problem with except the knowledge that there is many a shot of me out there in various states of distress. It's videoing things that I find retarded. The problem is that the heads with the camera phones are stood immobile in the stupidest places taking up valuable floor space that could be put to its proper use rather than for someone who is experiencing the night vicariously through their phone screen.

Not if you have a very good smartphone, given your username Android im sure your familiar with them, if i go to a club i don't spend the entire night just standing there shooting vids,if the mood takes me ill take a vid if it's a particularly good night, some nights i wont even bother,again it's called memories...

memories, memories, even before smartphones were invented, people did still actually shoot some vids inside clubs..

Can i finish with asking, what is it that pissés you off so much about a few people taking pics as long as it is not of you?

That is the only sliver of an argument i could possibly see as being in any way just, and thats slim at that.

No, I'm not the kind of person to ogle at the dj. You'll likely find me in a little pocket of space somewhere where I can dance around (move like a drunk special olympian on acid) in peace.

I honestly just don't think that cameras have any place in clubs (apart from promotional stuff). And particularly video footage. The thing is, it's seldom just one person, it's a good few people doing it. There should just be a blanket ban.

Most people are there to enjoy the music, the dj (for the most part, although I have seen djs taking their own photos from the booth) would prefer you to just enjoy the music. If you're taking photos/video clips you're not listening to the music. Taking photos in clubs just seems really selfish to me. Nothing annoys me more in a club than being knocked into be some absolute cockmonkey with a camera phone trying to get a shot of some sort.

Ahh, but if some grainy footage of, say woodstock was unearthed it would priceless, little bit of Jefferson Airplane from the audience as it was experienced would be very entertaining to watc, no?

Festivals I don't have a problem with. Not at all. Clubs are different, IMO.

No, I'm not the kind of person to ogle at the dj. You'll likely find me in a little pocket of space somewhere where I can dance around (move like a drunk special olympian on acid) in peace.

I honestly just don't think that cameras have any place in clubs (apart from promotional stuff). And particularly video footage. The thing is, it's seldom just one person, it's a good few people doing it. There should just be a blanket ban.

Now that i do agree with, blankets have no place in a club:pac:
    Most people are there to enjoy the music, the dj (for the most part, although I have seen djs taking their own photos from the booth) would prefer you to just enjoy the music. If you're taking photos/video clips you're not listening to the music. Taking photos in clubs just seems really selfish to me. Nothing annoys me more in a club than being knocked into be some absolute cockmonkey with a camera phone trying to get a shot of some sort.

What if its some cockmonkey thats just hammered, do they get less revulsion than the camera cockmonkies?

Cant beleive i am even going to say this, what about a no cameras on the main floor rule.........i cant believe i even have degraded my dignity by offering such a wanky rule:(

EDIT;

You would have to agree, getting someone like a 'drunk special olympian on acid' would be good footage to reminisce from.

Now that i do agree with, blankets have no place in a club:pac:

What if its some cockmonkey thats just hammered, do they get less revulsion than the camera cockmonkies?

Cant beleive i am even going to say this, what about a no cameras on the main floor rule.........i cant believe i even have degraded my dignity by offering such a wanky rule:(

Haha, yes, I could definitely live with a 'no camera on the dancefloor' policy. Although cameras in general encourage knobish, childish behaviour..... people doing stupid poses, girls doing the duck pout or that 'v' sign all the time. Rant over.

Ah ye, the drunk thing is just as bad. Actually, it's worse, way worse. But I don't think it's that big an issue in good clubs.

• Advertisement

Haha, yes, I could definitely live with a 'no camera on the dancefloor' policy. Although cameras in general encourage knobish, childish behaviour..... people doing stupid poses, girls doing the duck pout or that 'v' sign all the time. Rant over.

Ah ye, the drunk thing is just as bad. Actually, it's worse, way worse. But I don't think it's that big an issue in good clubs.

Right so i think we have solved it,

No Cameras on the dancefloor.
    No stupid poses.
    No Pouts or V signs.
    No hammered people on the dancefloor.
    No Knobish & or childish behavior.

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like the Asylum or Sides to me;)

Advertisement