Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite type of cycle?

Options
  • 12-08-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Ok so im sure this has been discussed before but here goes... Recently when I have been taking the bike out i'v been drawn to finding the biggest hill I can and panting and puffing my way up. Not only do I like the craic on the way back down but crave the satisfaction of making the brow :) so... which do you guys prefer. A relatively flat cycle route or up and down hills?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Down hill, without a doubt,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

my favourite type of cycle is a bicycle. Not big into tricycles or menstrual cycles. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Obviously downhill with a tailwind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

kenmc wrote: »
    my favourite type of cycle is a bicycle. Not big into tricycles or menstrual cycles. :pac:

unicycles ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Obviously downhill with a tailwind when I'm in form

FTFY ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

EFCycleP3.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Tail wind. Don't mind if it's uphill, downhill or flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam, the carbon cycle is lighter, stiffer and more comfortable.

502px-Carbon_cycle-cute_diagram.svg.png

FTFY ;)

Pfft if that was the case every cycle'd be horrible for me :pac:

There is also the screw worm life cycle
    p19b.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 recentlybigl

Haha shouldve known i'd get a buncha smart arse answers

Lumen wrote: »
    Raam, the carbon cycle is lighter, stiffer and more comfortable.

502px-Carbon_cycle-cute_diagram.svg.png

It's also more confusing. There seems to be a few sub cycles happening at various points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

"After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.… I can rest only for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk cycle is not yet ended."
    —Nelson Mandela

I enjoy mixing it and matching it, bit of a chicken in the Hills, but also enjoy a long saunter on the flat as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

kenmc wrote: »

One of those you don't really miss until it's gone..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ain't got nothing on this baby:
    500px-Citric_acid_cycle_with_aconitate_2.svg.png
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

RT66 wrote: »
    One of those you don't really miss until it's gone..

Damn right, just look at all the people it has affected :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Pfft if that was the case every cycle'd be horrible for me :pac:

I don't think you quiet understood, there's no such thing as a tailwind, it's either against you or you've "found your form" or "feeling strong"

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I don't think you quiet understood, there's no such thing as a tailwind, it's either against you or you've "found your form" or "feeling strong"

Ahh now I get it. Turns out you really do need more than 6 hours sleep to function properly :D

more cycling related ATP cycle

ATP_ADP%20cycle_HEA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Psychology-of-Market-Cycles.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

cant decide on my favorite cycle but my least favorite is definitely the menstrual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Ah yes, the hill climb, but once you find that impossible hill, you 'must' reach the summit, there's no going back, once the granny ring is engaged, it's a permanent contract that must be fulfilled, every tactic can be employed, zig-zags, out-of-the-saddle, back-in-the-saddle & re-check that you're in granny ring, breathing out of every orifice, track-stands, etc, and even if you keel over & die at least you won't live to regret not making it :pac:
    Seriously tho, I love climbing, especially on a sunny day, on a quiet narrow road, up through the woods, km after km, until the summit is reached, and then........exhail, success you're then a legend in you're own lunch-box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Ah yes, the hill climb, but once you find that impossible hill, you 'must' reach the summit, there's no going back, once the granny ring is engaged, it's a permanent contract that must be fulfilled, every tactic can be employed, zig-zags, out-of-the-saddle, back-in-the-saddle & re-check that you're in granny ring, breathing out of every orifice, track-stands, etc, and even if you keel over & die at least you won't live to regret not making it :pac:
    Seriously tho, I love climbing, especially on a sunny day, on a quiet narrow road, up through the woods, km after km, until the summit is reached, and then........exhail, success you're then a legend in you're own lunch-box :D

?!

There's days when you're just about coping with the sore legs, arse-breathing, zig-zagging and it's the sweat rolling into your eyes that sends you over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Do I take it then that putting a foot down doesn't count?...

delicious.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephendoyle

A big climb, a quiet road and no headwind. I can usually find the first two but rarely the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Do I take it then that putting a foot down doesn't count?...

You can put you're foot down............ but only on the crank !!, & for you're petulance you must complete the Giro/Tour/Vuelta climbs, 50 times, in the drops, with ordinary pedals, wearing a polka-dot jersey and GAA shorts (no padded shorts), singing the 'N17' by the SawDoctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I like this route, if anyone knows where it is let me know!

As for cycles, I'm a big fan of the Krebs cycle and it's friend the Electron Transport Chain - neither of which are available on CRC or Wiggle!

You can put you're foot down............ but only on the crank !!, & for you're petulance you must complete the Giro/Tour/Vuelta climbs, 50 times, in the drops, with ordinary pedals, wearing a polka-dot jersey and GAA shorts (no padded shorts), singing the 'N17' by the SawDoctors.

"stone walls and the grass is green "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Wind free and sunny

Advertisement