Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God help American propane airsofters !

Options
  • 11-08-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I normally use a german brand of propane and i never notice a smell.

I went to b and q today and bought a made in america propane can.

Whenever I use my gas pistol it smells like someone farted.

A lesson learned.

But I feel sorry for our American airsofting brothers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

All propane, unless it has additives smells like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Other way around. Propane has the smell added for safety reasons. People get fidgety if a highly explosive gas is both colourless and odourless, rendering it undetectable without monitoring equipment.

All propane sold as just dry propane must have a smell. Propane sold as "wet" propane (with non combustable liquid additives, like silicone) get a pass as they're harder to ignite and are usually restricted in container size so a leak isn't quite so dangerous.
    A punctured green gas bottle in your shed isn't as likely to leak enough propane to be dangerous as the propane tank for your barbecue, for example.

Advertisement