Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you celebrate the junior cert results night?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

FYG wrote: »
    Hooray for not drinking! Never have, never will. :cool:

Smart. :rolleyes:

:pac:

It is sick to think that in our society that young fifteen or so year olds are being expected by their peers and society to be drunk at every given chance and make a holy show of themselves with this also. I am glad to say I have never drank alcohol, and like FYG, I never will.
    Regarding celebrating Results Night, I am going to have a meal out with my family to celebrate and escape the clutches of the hormone fueled disco which on the most part, contains those who are too boozed up to be accountable for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'm going to go out with my family to a meal.

Disco's are boooring and I hate having to dodge all the knacks at them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I'm going to go out with my family to a meal.

Disco's are boooring and I hate having to dodge all the knacks at them :pac:

Not alwayssss :L
    They're only boring if you make them boring :pac:

The night of my results ill be camping in Baltinglass with my year,

the next night Im going anseo: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Under-18-events-at-time/119138904805165

And then a house party the next dayy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I've never been to a disco... yet. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

out to cartown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

spurious wrote: »
    I bet you a tenner you will do better than you think.

I'll take that bet. I think I'll get 8 A's and 2 B's. If I do any worse then that, you owe me a tenner. I take paypal, but you can post it if you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

FatRat wrote: »
    I'll take that bet. I think I'll get 8 A's and 2 B's. If I do any worse then that, you owe me a tenner. I take paypal, but you can post it if you want.
    *sweats*

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Effort of going to a disco and spending the night dodging drunk spicers and their slutty girlfriends. I think i'm just going to organise something with my mates. Movie night/sleepover or maybe cinema :P

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

It is sick to think that in our society that young fifteen or so year olds are being expected by their peers and society to be drunk at every given chance and make a holy show of themselves with this also. I am glad to say I have never drank alcohol, and like FYG, I never will.
    Regarding celebrating Results Night, I am going to have a meal out with my family to celebrate and escape the clutches of the hormone fueled disco which on the most part, contains those who are too boozed up to be accountable for their actions.
    definately agreeing with you about most people being intoxicated and all, but i try to not let those people ruin my night. I will be going to a disco, i won't be drinking, i'll be there to have a good night with my friends.
    Also, am glad to see i'm not the only teenager in the country who sees no point in getting p¡ssed drunk, as that is all some people think of and somehow adults tend to tar teens with the one brush and say that we're all binge drinking. Im happy to say that i have never been nor never intend to be in anyway drunk.
    P.S. , sorry Spurious, i promise to shut it about teenage drinking now :o:D

Oh also ,spirit_77, see you at cartown;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

I don't know if I will celebrate , nobody from my family thinks its very important ..... And yet they want me to do well ! Put on loads of pressure since i've been coming 1st in my school academically :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anybody going to HQ night club Thurlas results disco? Loads of us have arranged a bus up :D

Lads want me to go Savoy... but I only want third years atm. :o

Need to compile a list before I go... though I can't thinking of many in my year that I would want tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ranrooni

Lads want me to go Savoy... but I only want third years atm. :o

Need to compile a list before I go... though I can't thinking of many in my year that I would want tbh.

what do you mean? sorry i'm a bit slow today :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Will the schools be giving us the 15th off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

anirishlad wrote: »

My school doesnt, but Im not going in :pac: My parents arent actually letting me go in :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Indiego wrote: »
    My school doesnt, but Im not going in :pac: My parents arent actually letting me go in :rolleyes:

Wouldnt that be really unfair on all the people that dont go to discos and stuff because most of my year will be out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

They're not allowed to give us a day off AFAIK :/

But I don't think I'm going to a disco anyway so would be able to but I'm not gonna bother since no one else would be in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Most likely my parents will send me in just as a form of unsaid punishment for the night before... if I asked not to go they'd say well surely you're not doing anything to stop you going are you? then I'm left stumped :/

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Most likely my parents will send me in just as a form of unsaid punishment for the night before... if I asked not to go they'd say well surely you're not doing anything to stop you going are you? then I'm left stumped :/

Just say you'll be up late. I won't be home from Savoy until 12:30 or later depending on how long I spend in McDonalds.

Say nobody else is going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

<abuse snipped and user banned for a while>

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    <abuse>

Reported. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Locking this for a bit until all the comedians have gone to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

anirishlad wrote: »

Nope ... It's called the Croke park agreement , the schools are not allowed do that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭iwasonbwh

I'm going to celebrate by going to rugby training and we'll knock the bejaysus out of each other.Basically the same as going to glenties tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

SAVOY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

I'm going to a friend's house for a small party, and it should be fun. I'm not too big into the whole Disco thing. The idea of a cramped dancefloor with people jamming tongues down each others throats left, right and center isn't that appealing. I wouldn't exactly be an old-fashioned romantic or anything, but do you guys not think it's a bit strange kissing various different people in one night? I'm a one-girl kind of guy...

SAVOY!!!

And then McDonalds! :pac:

SAVOY!!!

And then McDonalds! :pac:
    most defienetly

Saviy was quite good

• Advertisement