Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: Ladies meet up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yes - Monday
    We shall see how things go at the Boards Beers on Sat (yay!) and make plans after that x

Yes - Monday
    We shall see how things go at the Boards Beers on Sat (yay!) and make plans after that x
    Discovered I can't do a poll via my phone, and won't have access to a comp until tomorrow afternoon. But putting the word out now to suss out interest; are people interested on meeting this May holiday weekend day time ish? This shall hopefully be the first of many :) say if ye would prefer sat or sun afternoon :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've added a multiple-choice poll for this bank holiday weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes - Monday
    I voted Sunday but Monday is OK with me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Yes - Monday
    Cool, Sunday is best for me too. What do you have planned? And around what time are you thinking? :)

• Advertisement

Yes - Monday
    I voted Sunday but Monday is OK with me too :)
    Thanks a million Fysh really appreciate that!

Yes - Monday
    http://drinkshopdo.com/Drink,_Shop_%26_Do/Drink,_Shop_%26_Do_%E2%80%94_Home.html

Im gonna suggest here, cos it's a) central b) it's pretty fab c) possibility of booking a table if there are a few of us and d) the food and drinks menus are okay... We can always have a drink or coffee and move on, plenty of spots around.

I'll suggest 1:30?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I love the look of this place, I'm definitely in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes - Monday
    That place looks lovely, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Can I come too?:pac:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqarUiPIQ3MOVxhbP-vkfpklTL50nf4RfOCiQbQhuQ0WxZi-VOsQ

Every meet-up needs a token newbie fresh off the boat/plane.:)

• Advertisement

Yes - Monday
    RosyLily wrote: »

There will be a few newbies! Yay! Looks about five or six of us do far, I'll pm my number if any one wants it, but I'll be there from 1.30 and will try keep seats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

No
    There will be a few newbies! Yay! Looks about five or six of us do far, I'll pm my number if any one wants it, but I'll be there from 1.30 and will try keep seats ;)

Keep one for me :)

See you Sunday!

Yes - Monday
    RosyLily wrote: »

I haven't met the other girls before Rosy, so don't worry about being the only newbie!

Make sure to save me a seat too, can't wait to get stuck into some macaroons and the like!

Mmmm, macaroons! *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Oh, I just heard about this via PM and got all excited because I thought it was next weekend. i'm working all day this Sunday so can't go:( I'd love to go next time though!

Yes - Monday
    I'm provisionally booking a table for six at 1.30 tomorrow because it does get busy. Looking forward to it... They do a delicious quiche/tart thing with gorgeous salad ( to compensate for all the meat we ate in Bodeans last week!) plus the cake... Oh god the cake... Book your dental appointments now!
    Looking forward to seeing ye all :)

N1 9DX is the postcode but it is literally two mins from kings cross station.

Looking forward to this!:)
    I'll be the one in the yellow shirt if anyone spots me looking a lil' lost!

Yes - Monday
    Twad so lovely on Sunday to meet y'all! As ye prob guessed , I'm an eager cake/coffee/tea hunter so an readily available weekends if there's food involved! As some people couldn't make last week, I'm happy enough to go for a round two in another venue this weekend. PM if interested :)

Who would have thought we could have sat in the same spot for THREE hours!

Enjoy your weeks!

No
    So sorry to have missed it :( but glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves!

I'm definitely counting on being rid of this cold by next weekend, if anyone fancy a cup of coffee or something then :)

Yes - Monday
    Round 2 of this is going ahead on Sunday...location to be decided and prob at about 13:30 again as that gives everyone the day, plus time to get sorted in the eve for whatever they want! Will post details/options later, but just keep your Sunday afternoon free if you want to come :)

• Advertisement

For the love of God...I can't do this one either!!! I'm working a night on Saturday, so sleeping half of Sunday, then I have a date:D I'm free all the next weekend on the offchance anyone else is up for a round 3?x

Yes - Monday
    Right! I have had a quick look at TFL, and because the Central Line is down between Marble Arch and Bethnal Green, I am gonna advise against all the pretty lovely cafes out by East London..but I'd love to try them another weekend when the line is up again.

So, based on suggestions and also on our conversation last week, why not try the Camden Passage in Angel? The Breakfast Club is there
    http://www.thebreakfastclubcafes.com/

Issy's Milky Way: http://www.thevintageguidetolondon.com/british-50s-shake-bar-head-issys-milky/

Plus a good selection of pubs, other cafes, bookshops, nice trinkety shops where you might come home with a birdcage or a bagful of veggies (also a farmers market on Sunday I think). Cobblestoned too, as far as I remember!

Meet at 13:30 Sunday 13th; at perhaps, we will meet outside Angel Tube Station. PM me for numbers...I WILL be on time!!! I promise!

PS: I just realised it's close to Kings Cross (for the record, my geography is apalling) which prob is reasonably East-ish. If it doesnt suit, shout!

Yes - Monday
    Semele wrote: »
    For the love of God...I can't do this one either!!! I'm working a night on Saturday, so sleeping half of Sunday, then I have a date:D I'm free all the next weekend on the offchance anyone else is up for a round 3?x

ah no!! Next time!!

No
    Right! I have had a quick look at TFL, and because the Central Line is down between Marble Arch and Bethnal Green, I am gonna advise against all the pretty lovely cafes out by East London..but I'd love to try them another weekend when the line is up again.

So, based on suggestions and also on our conversation last week, why not try the Camden Passage in Angel? The Breakfast Club is there
    http://www.thebreakfastclubcafes.com/

Issy's Milky Way: http://www.thevintageguidetolondon.com/british-50s-shake-bar-head-issys-milky/

Plus a good selection of pubs, other cafes, bookshops, nice trinkety shops where you might come home with a birdcage or a bagful of veggies (also a farmers market on Sunday I think). Cobblestoned too, as far as I remember!

Meet at 13:30 Sunday 13th; at perhaps, we will meet outside Angel Tube Station. PM me for numbers...I WILL be on time!!! I promise!

Yay I work in Angel so pretty sure I won't get lost getting there :D

I haven't tried either of those two places but both look good! I haven't been here on a Sunday but the market in Chapel Market on weekdays is nice and I'd be surprised if it's not bigger than usual on the weekends.

Yes - Monday
    Great! Sounds like a plan. You're doing a good job for someone who doesn't like being the organiser ........ :)

Great! Sounds like a plan. You're doing a good job for someone who doesn't like being the organiser ........ :)
    Shhh, you'll scare her away from doing it again! :D

Im not sure yet about this Sunday but I'll let you know!

God, it gets worse...The Breakfast Club is one of my favourite places in London! Sulk:mad:

I'm going to come along, but I have to leave at about 4.30

Yes - Monday
    Absolutely a lovely brunch in the Breakfast Club in Angel and even nicer bunch of people yesterday to share it with! Reckon this will be ongoing, as suggested, maybe once a fortnight and whoever turns up, turns up, and whoever doesnt will have to earn back the respect of the group by buying breakfast AND a round can just come when suits!:D

• Advertisement

No
    Great idea, and was really great to meet you all yesterday!

Amazing food there, I'm definitely going back :)

Advertisement