Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting ESPN Goals with Market Enabler App

Options
  • 10-08-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I really want the ESPN Goals Free App but it seems to be restricted to US and Canada. I've tried using the Market Enabler app which tricks the market into thinking I'm in the US but I still can't get the market to return the app when I do a search for it.

Can anyone here give me a few pointers or even better post up the APK???

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

You don't need market enabler it's available free in the usual market.

I went here

which pointed to the market here.

When I signed into the market (on laptop) it said the app wasn't compatible with my phone (desire). :(
    First time I seen that. Starting to show their age already!

I'd reckon if we can get the apk it should run on the Desire, I can't see why not.

There's only a small handful of more powerful phones so they'd be severely limiting their market share restricting it to 1.2Ghz+ phones for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Keith186 wrote: »

I went here

When I signed into the market (on laptop) it said the app wasn't compatible with my phone (desire). :(

I'd reckon if we can get the apk it should run on the Desire, I can't see why not.

There's only a small handful of more powerful phones so they'd be severely limiting their market share restricting it to 1.2Ghz+ phones for some reason.

Did you look at why it can't be installed on your Desire. I followed your link and it says it can't be installed on my device either, when I checked why it says incompatible with your country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

I went here

You in Ireland?not showing up anymore if so.
    Gonna need apk I think.region locked.I got a version of it on getjar but think its last years.

Zagato wrote: »
    Did you look at why it can't be installed on your Desire. I followed your link and it says it can't be installed on my device either, when I checked why it says incompatible with your country.

Didn't know that hover over feature existed until now.

I tried the US & German market emulator and it still won't show up.

Kinda looking like the market enabler is screwed.

Google music should show up in the US market, right? Not m=for me.

I've emulated the sim card, force closed market, re-opened it and accepted T&C's so it would seem like its the US market but good few apps not showing up for me.

Maybe market enabler doesn't work with the 'new' market, are you guys on that?

eggy81 wrote: »
    You in Ireland?not showing up anymore if so.
    Gonna need apk I think.region locked.I got a version of it on getjar but think its last years.

Yes, in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Are you sure that its the US and Canada that it's region locked to?

I think once you know which country it works in you can just look up country and operator MNC on wikipedia, and key them into market enabler under custom menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Zagato wrote: »
    Are you sure that its the US and Canada that it's region locked to?

I think once you know which country it works in you can just look up country and operator MNC on wikipedia, and key them into market enabler under custom menu
    I think its UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tried UK and couldnt get it there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

this is most important :D

if anyone figures it out let us know

Boom baby
    http://db.tt/NwPeKqH

Only a welcome video on it at the moment and its giving a buffer error. Ill take a proper look alter

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Boom baby

Only a welcome video on it at the moment and its giving a buffer error. Ill take a proper look alter

Nice one!

Video is also 'broken' for me too, let's hope that's not geo blocked somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Tasty !!!
    Boom baby

Nice one!

Video is also 'broken' for me too, let's hope that's not geo blocked somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Wonder will it play on my Hero ...

Let me know if it goes down guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Didn't know that hover over feature existed until now.

I tried the US & German market emulator and it still won't show up.

Kinda looking like the market enabler is screwed.

Google music should show up in the US market, right? Not m=for me.

I've emulated the sim card, force closed market, re-opened it and accepted T&C's so it would seem like its the US market but good few apps not showing up for me.

Maybe market enabler doesn't work with the 'new' market, are you guys on that?

This might seem a bit silly but have you done a reboot after emulating the sim? If not, try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

Installed it on my sensation. Getting an error trying to play the welcome video: "Error retrieving data from the server. the server may be facing a temporary issue."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Boom baby

It asks for permission to ''make calls'' when I go to install it, what's that all about?

Looks like theres ads for calling ESPN to subscribe. Thats probably why.
    Looking through it I think it only works with a mobile connection too(and probably UK restricted). Damn :(

This might seem a bit silly but have you done a reboot after emulating the sim? If not, try that.

Usually rebooting resets market enabler to your own market, unless you have it set to fake on reboot.

Keith maybe you are right about Market Enabler not working with the new market? :(

Theres a qpr game there now
    Working for anyone else?
    Not for me......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

QPR don't play until tomorrow

The video at the top of the screen is working for me now

stopped working again :-(

Progress anyway.....
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The video at the top of the screen is working for me now

I tried this at 5.30 and it wouldn't play any videos.

Presenter on ESPN said at half time in the match there that there are problems with the app and technicians are working to fix it so here's hoping there's a chance it may still work in ROI.

Videos had image tiles from the matches on them so it's looking like it may not be geo IP blocked...

Anyone get it working at all?

No joy at all since my minor success this morning. I think ESPN didn't anticipate the level of interest that this free app would have. Foolish I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Has anybody got it working?

Still getting server errors.

Nah can't get it working in Ireland.

Soccerpulse is a similar app of you want to check that out, wouldn't be as good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd say this will soon be available in Ireland as they seem to be sponsoring the Newstalk sports show on Sundays so it would be pointless for them to sponsor that if the app wasn't available in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I doubt it. Setanta own the online rights for Ireland but their app is available only on Apple products.

Advertisement