Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver Broncos Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

What can you say.............feekin shocking stuff altogether !!  :(
    This stat sums it up : have scored just one touchdown in their last 36 drives (& against poor opposition)
    We're probably better off to forget about this season and look for a high draft pick eeek !

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Siemian has been poisonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Will Brock return?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I should have also done the lotto numbers!! Unfortunately the season is almost over...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Will Brock return?

Dont give up the ghost yet.....If Bronc can keep turnovers to a min the D could keep us going ......Wouldnt rule out a win against Eagles on Sunday

• Advertisement

We're 2-n-0 but by no means a playoff-winning 2&0 team. We are finding a way to win though which is encouraging. I'm more confident about our offence this year than last, both running & passing seems more encouraging/exciting. Lindsay had some great runs, must be special for him as he's a Denver native. Keenum is not rock solid yet but maybe that's understandable as he gets to grip with a new offence. Worrying was our defense as Carr ran riot at times ! @ the Ravens won't be too easy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

We're 2-n-0 but by no means a playoff-winning 2&0 team. We are finding a way to win though which is encouraging. I'm more confident about our offence this year than last, both running & passing seems more encouraging/exciting. Lindsay had some great runs, must be special for him as he's a Denver native. Keenum is not rock solid yet but maybe that's understandable as he gets to grip with a new offence. Worrying was our defense as Carr ran riot at times ! @ the Ravens won't be too easy next week.
    I think this season feels very similar to start of last season.We found ways to win against two poor teams really,far tougher challenges lie ahead.The offense was woeful in the first half but showed a bit of character in 4th quarter.Lindsay freeman and Tim patrick have made nice impacts.Derek carr seemed to have a lot of sucess with quick strike throws .Overall a 2-0 start is not to be sniffed at but I just feel a bit underwhelmed I dont think this team is all that good and we will probaly finish with something like 7-9 or 8-8.Looking forward to Baltimore next week if case protects the ball its a game we can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Lads, Raiders fan here. Just wanted to say "Well done" to you on last nights game and best of luck with the rest of the season. Its going to be a long season for us and I'm gutted about last night's game but fair is fair, you guys played for the 60 minutes and reaped the rewards. Anyways well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I think this season feels very similar to start of last season.We found ways to win against two poor teams really,far tougher challenges lie ahead.The offense was woeful in the first half but showed a bit of character in 4th quarter.Lindsay freeman and Tim patrick have made nice impacts.Derek carr seemed to have a lot of sucess with quick strike throws .Overall a 2-0 start is not to be sniffed at but I just feel a bit underwhelmed I dont think this team is all that good and we will probaly finish with something like 7-9 or 8-8.Looking forward to Baltimore next week if case protects the ball its a game we can win.

But it is 2-0 (barely) against two of the poorest defences in the league - the games get tougher from here on.

I'm thinking if the offence gets into a rhythm like they did in the 4th and with our solid D then we just might (!) sneak wins in 9 or 10 games. We finish up with not-too-hard games : @49ers/Browns/@Raiders/Chargers. The Chiefs look very good though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Happy with the 2-0 but like others a bit worried about what lies ahead. Lynch got way too many yards against us on Sunday for my liking.

Offense looks like we actually have a nice few weapons that could be used. Lindsay and Sutton along with Sanders and DT (if he can start to catch) offers a good few options.

I also think VJ and team dont call good plays far too often and that isnt helping.

Next 2 games we will find out exactly where we are.

I'm thinking if the offence gets into a rhythm like they did in the 4th and with our solid D then we just might (!) sneak wins in 9 or 10 games. We finish up with not-too-hard games : @49ers/Browns/@Raiders/Chargers. The Chiefs look very good though !

The Broncos play -

Chiefs X2
    Chargers X2
    Raiders

Rams
    Cardinals
    49ers

Jets
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Texans
    Browns
    Ravens

If you think they can win 9 games then you outline which 7 games they should win.

I can only see the following -
    Cardinals
    Jets
    Browns

with a possible win over -
    Raiders
    Texans
    Chargers (a reach)
    Steelers (if they continue to implode like appears to be happening).

8-8 looks the best they can do from what I can see - they might pick up a win against the Chargers at home but could easily lose one of the three above (or all three).

The offence is a work in progress - but the first half on Sunday showed how far things have to go - both the Seahawks and the Raiders have among the poorest defences in the league. Keenum still tossing INTs is a worry - although the offence does show a bit of grit and character that was missing last season. I like Musgrave and think he is a good OC.

However, there are issues with the defence - and I think the biggest might be the increasing influence of Joseph over the defensive scheme. The Broncos defence is built to run the scheme designed by Wade Phillips - Joseph seems to be trying to move away from that. And Joseph wasn't actually that good of a DC when he had that job.

The big issue at the end of the day is that this team does have some talent - there are good WRs (although DT is clearly in decline and I suspect is probably hurt again) - the RBs are good - the TEs look better - the OL is playing better and Keenum is a major step up from Siemian. However - all of that makes the offence a league average. Same on defence - DL and OLB are strengths - there are still some issues at ILB but Jewell is showing promise. The DBs are decent but seem to be a bit of a mess scheme wise - and we still can't cover TEs. Despite this - the Broncos D is probably top ten. But the fly in the ointment is Vance Joseph - he still hasn't shown that he can be a HC. Week one looked good - but the team was not prepared at all for the Raiders this week and that does not bode well for the rest of the season. It could all slip away very quickly and the team could easily be 3-9 before the last four games you mention.

Maybe things are looking up for Joseph - in a presser yesterday he admitted that he f*cked-up by having the DBs playing soft off the LOS and giving the Raiders WRs too much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He has been noticeably better this season than last. He was like a rabbit in a headlights last year. It was awful.

I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come with him.

Sorry JRG I was just being 'very' optimistic :pac:
    ie. I wasn't too optimistic 3/4 way through the game the other night, but we are finishing well and we are finding a way to win, so fingers/toes crossed !

Sorry JRG I was just being 'very' optimistic :pac:
    ie. I wasn't too optimistic 3/4 way through the game the other night, but we are finishing well and we are finding a way to win, so fingers/toes crossed !
    that is the upside - last season the team folded - this season in two games they have fought kicking and screaming to the end.

The big problem is that the Seahawks and the Raiders are two of the poorer teams in the league.

Saying that - the Broncos match up well against the Ravens and the Ravens are missing Mosley. Flacco is a statue and holds the ball too long - cue Miller, Chubb, Ray, Barrett and the DL. The kicking and screaming could win another one in the 4th quarter.

I had this one down as a loss, but I suppose it could have been a lot closer or even a win if we hadn't killed ourselves with penalties and an ejection !
    We started great but then slowly fell into a sinkhole as one catastrophe after another reared its ugly head. Onwards and upwards from here.......(ahem, cough/splutter) :cool:

I had this one down as a loss, but I suppose it could have been a lot closer or even a win if we hadn't killed ourselves with penalties and an ejection !
    We started great but then slowly fell into a sinkhole as one catastrophe after another reared its ugly head. Onwards and upwards from here.......(ahem, cough/splutter) :cool:

There were five OL penalties - all of them on Keenum because he held the ball way too long. The QB can't hold the ball for 15 seconds and expect the OL to keep a pass rush at bay. On top of that Bolles was owned all night by Suggs and was given no help. A sixth penalty was for 12 men in the huddle on a 4th and 1 driving for a TD - that is all on Keenum because the QB has a responsibility to back out of the huddle if there are 12 men there.

Woods is expecting Roby to play like Talib - but he is not Talib. The defence is playing as if the DC hasn't designed a plan to deal with the weapons of the opposition offence - Denver got away with that for two years because Talib and Harris are shutdown corners. Roby actually played well but he is not Talib - and once Brock went down it is not a surprise that Flacco picked on Yiadom.

The only plan the Broncos have on defence is to stop the run and hail mary the passing game. The frustration of Miller was clear - two off-sides and his body language and demeanour at the post-game presser were worrying - he was clearly upset and frustrated at the fact that some really good players are not being used to maximise the team output. That is all on Joseph and Woods - two D coaches who were touted as the best thing since sliced bread - two coaches that were trained by Wade Phillips but clearly do not have the brain or nuance of Phillips to run his defensive scheme.

The one bright spot was special teams - two blocked kicks - one returned for a TD only to be brought back for a nonsense penalty - but again Marquette King has been poor despite the hype.

Gutted with that loss ,we had that game ,we wer running the ball well and defense was coping quite well .But the game management in the 4th quarter was horrible ,why would u call a blitz on 2nd and 30?.Keenum had D.T wide open on the last drive of the game and overthrew him.We are not that far away but we need better QB play and better playcalling.

Gutted with that loss ,we had that game ,we wer running the ball well and defense was coping quite well .But the game management in the 4th quarter was horrible ,why would u call a blitz on 2nd and 30?.Keenum had D.T wide open on the last drive of the game and overthrew him.We are not that far away but we need better QB play and better playcalling.

Two things need to change -

1. VJ needs to be sacked - he hasn't a clue what he is doing

2. Keenum needs to step up or ship out.

The Broncos have some decent talent - but Joseph hasn't a clue how to get the best out of them.

• Advertisement

Two things need to change -

1. VJ needs to be sacked - he hasn't a clue what he is doing

2. Keenum needs to step up or ship out.

The Broncos have some decent talent - but Joseph hasn't a clue how to get the best out of them.

Looks like we might get what we want. Who comes in? Kubiak for the rest of the season?

Looks like we might get what we want. Who comes in? Kubiak for the rest of the season?

Obvious choice - although rumours are circulating in Denver that ST coordinator Tom McMahon will be given the interim job.

The expectation is that a loss against the Rams on Sunday (99% certain) and the a loss against the Cards the following week (less certain) would see Joseph canned. Already being touted as the new HC is Vikings OC John DeFilippo and KC ST coord, Dave Toub (who was interviewed by Denver when they hired Joseph). A lot of Broncos fans want Jim Harbaugh, who might be on his way out at Michigan - but I can see difficulty with how Elway and Harbaugh would butt-heads over control of the team.

Obvious choice - although rumours are circulating in Denver that ST coordinator Tom McMahon will be given the interim job.

The expectation is that a loss against the Rams on Sunday (99% certain) and the a loss against the Cards the following week (less certain) would see Joseph canned. Already being touted as the new HC is Vikings OC John DeFilippo and KC ST coord, Dave Toub (who was interviewed by Denver when they hired Joseph). A lot of Broncos fans want Jim Harbaugh, who might be on his way out at Michigan - but I can see difficulty with how Elway and Harbaugh would butt-heads over control of the team.

I would be happy with jim Harbaugh .I never felt good about Vance joseph and hes run this franchise into the ground in the last season or so.Get Harbaugh in ,get rid of Keenum maybe Demariyus Thomas and draft a QB.Whatever happens no more hammerings to the bloody jets!!!

I would be happy with jim Harbaugh .I never felt good about Vance joseph and hes run this franchise into the ground in the last season or so.Get Harbaugh in ,get rid of Keenum maybe Demariyus Thomas and draft a QB.Whatever happens no more hammerings to the bloody jets!!!

We have a QB :)

Hmon Chad!

There are an awful lot of vets that are going to get cut if Elway decides to blow things up.

There are three player that I would be astonished if they are still on the roster next year - irrespective of what Elway decides to do

Ron Leary - $9.4m
    Derek Wolfe - $11m
    Brandon Marshall - $9m

as for DT - I'm a big fan - much underrated WR - and he will probably retire (he has two dodgy hips)

We have a QB :)

Hmon Chad!

Throw him in there - at least he will throw a deep ball.

The Jets were putting 9 in the box on 1st down because they knew Keenum wasn't a threat.

Throw him in there - at least he will throw a deep ball.

The Jets were putting 9 in the box on 1st down because they knew Keenum wasn't a threat.

Exactly. This has been clear as day since pre-season. I dunno though do I want Chad in there under VJ.

But I also don't want the misery of this season to continue as is.

Elway gave an interview yesterday and singled out Joseph and Woods for criticism - that is like the dreaded vote of confidence in soccer.

One name seems to have shot to the top of the list as replacements for Joseph (and it makes a lot of sense) - Matt LaFleur - coming from experience with Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Elway gave an interview yesterday and singled out Joseph and Woods for criticism - that is like the dreaded vote of confidence in soccer.

One name seems to have shot to the top of the list as replacements for Joseph (and it makes a lot of sense) - Matt LaFleur - coming from experience with Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Where are you reading about LaFleur?

---

Reading this from Ellis makes me think he's gone after the Rams game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972753/article/broncos-ceo-on-vance-joseph-were-all-pulling-for-him

• Advertisement

Where are you reading about LaFleur?

I have a friend who is a sports journalist in Colorado - doesn't cover the Broncos, but knows some that do - says the Broncos are zeroing in on LaFleur but nobody will report it yet because they will end up receiving the wrath of Elway if they do.

It concerns me a bit because Elway zeroed in on Vance Joseph too - ignoring the other five HC candidates who got jobs - and we know how that turned out.

Advertisement