Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A General Feedback thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

nesf wrote: »
    The volume wouldn't warrant separate DRP boards. At the moment we get like 4 to 5 DRP threads a month for Soc, tops. People don't tend to question their bans. We get two major categories of people on DRP, people with genuine complaints or misunderstandings, often these get bans overturned and trolls for the lack of a better word (whether they mean to or not) wasting everyone's time arguing for a ban to be overturned when it's clear as ****ing day that it was deserved. The latter are far more common than the former unfortunately.

That's the basic problem with DRP as it is - the people who go there to argue their bans are often the most problematic posters in the first place, something that was predictable from the very inception of the system.

Take four types of problem posters:

1. trolls pure and simple, who are simply seeking an opportunity to grandstand and provoke responses

2. agenda-driven soapboxers, who seek a platform to shout their message from

3. people who endlessly nitpick in discussions, and who seem to be incapable of ever moving on

4. people who are apparently incapable of ever seeing that they might not be right

All four of those types of poster are an issue on the forum. However, the latter three are the most difficult to find a clear reason for banning, and they're also exactly the kind of poster who then moves on to DRP. Trolls may chance their arms as well, but are less likely to. I also feel that less aggressive posters who feel their ban is unfair are put off by the public and combative nature of the DRP forum - as I do on these occasions, I would remind people that the DRP system isn't exclusive, and that you can also PM the CMods in the case of an unfair ban.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement