Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Maybe I'm not remembering it, right, but I think it beeps when full and "full" comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BostonB wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not remembering it, right, but I think it beeps when full and "full" comes up?

Yep, mine does anyway.

I think it goes to 100% for a quite a while before its gets to full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

BostonB wrote: »

It never has for me. I must say I hate the phone, I thank the Lord that I won't be using it for long. I have come from a Galaxy S so it is a huge comedown for me :o

angel01 wrote: »
    It never has for me. I must say I hate the phone, I thank the Lord that I won't be using it for long. I have come from a Galaxy S so it is a huge comedown for me :o
    Can you say what's better about the Galaxy S? The Europa is my first smartphone and I was curious what better you get if you pay top dollar.

• Advertisement

Can you say what's better about the Galaxy S? The Europa is my first smartphone and I was curious what better you get if you pay top dollar.

Much bigger screen, top quality screen, screen responds brilliantly, brilliant processor, more storage space, better battery life, better GPS, better 3G and wifi.. I could go on and on :D ... I find the screen just way too small for what I am used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I have had this Samsung europa for 2 months & in my opinion its not very good. Its alright.

Yes it does have a lot of features but the device is just too small in my opinion. Texting is a truely tedious affair, guaranteed to frustrate if you want to send numerous messages on a daily basis. The touchscreen buttons are too small & close together. I thought i would get used to it after a few weeks but its still a pain to use 2 months after purchase.

Its not the phone for me, i will be changing to a qwerty keyboard phone soon. If you're a serious texter dont get this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

This has a qwerty keyboard? Or do you mean actual buttons?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have had this Samsung europa for 2 months & in my opinion its not very good. Its alright.

Yes it does have a lot of features but the device is just too small in my opinion. Texting is a truely tedious affair, guaranteed to frustrate if you want to send numerous messages on a daily basis. The touchscreen buttons are too small & close together. I thought i would get used to it after a few weeks but its still a pain to use 2 months after purchase.

Its not the phone for me, i will be changing to a qwerty keyboard phone soon. If you're a serious texter dont get this phone.

Are you using swype? makes texting so easy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

This has a qwerty keyboard? Or do you mean actual buttons?

Sorry i mean't an actual button qwerty keyboard, your quite right.
    Are you using swype? makes texting so easy on it.

I have tried the swype mode Tar, i just cant get used to it. Unfortunately (for me) its a chore using this phone to text. Pity because it has a lot of nice little features.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pity! I love the phone, it is hard to text when walking though! i moved up from a nokia 3510i after 10 years where i could text so easily. maybe one of the other typing apps could help, like where the keys get bigger when theya re used more often, although it might just be that the phone is too small all right!

Try Big Buttons from the market. There is a free version and a paid version. The free version is fine for me.

Hey, does anyone know how to download & install Three's version of Skype to this phone. Cannot find it on the website. Three's version allows to make free calls as distinct from the standard version, which involves making a deposit:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

to those stuggling to text on this phone, try download vlingo. should be on the market and you speak to the phone and it will do what you ask it to do

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I found the texting a bit awkward at first, but it's fine now! I use the normal keyboard, but turned horizontally so it becomes a QWERTY keyboard - it even has autocorrect / prediction to minor spelling errors get ironed out!

I just couldn't manage swype for some reason, but when it did work, it was great. However, I can text really fast on the normal qwerty keyboard (my last phone just had standard 0-9 predictive text buttons). But it's hard to do while walking, and you almost always need two hands on the phone at the same time to do it, unlike 0-9 setups where you can use one finger!

Hey, does anyone know how to download & install Three's version of Skype to this phone. Cannot find it on the website. Three's version allows to make free calls as distinct from the standard version, which involves making a deposit:(.

Go to planet 3 and then go to email and IM

I posted this on another thread:

I hate the size of the screen, keyboard is rubbish, processor is slow (most apps crash all the time) and also the battery indicator is wrong. It never tells me that the phone is fully charged, It tells me it is 99% and then I go into an app like tunein and 5 mins later, I am on 40% I also hate that they claim that it is a capacitive screen, yet I have to press hard to get it to recognise what I type.. I feel the phone is sooooooooo slow...

I can't wait to upgrade...

daytob wrote: »
    to those stuggling to text on this phone, try download vlingo. should be on the market and you speak to the phone and it will do what you ask it to do

The phone has this built in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Do these keyboards work or make any difference at all ?

Here and here.

Should be able to use T9 keyboard like an old dumb phone has.
    I use the first one on my LG GT540 as the calibration is slightly off and it's easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi folks, are these still on sale? Someone I know on o2 needs a new phone, I see it says €39 on the website or €49 in store, will they work with an o2 sim straight out of the box? I had a quick look on adverts thinking I might get one for €25 or so but they are around €50/€60 second hand :confused:

You get them on 3's website only.

They are locked to three.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, are they easy to unlock do you know? Typical android unlocking sequence I wonder?

I wimped out and bought a unlock. So dunno.

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, are they easy to unlock do you know? Typical android unlocking sequence I wonder?

Go to www.fastgsm.com. They charge $20 to unlock. All done via email in approx 40 mins.

Thanks guys, thought with it being android, rootable etc, it could be done simply and free but I guess I was mistaken :o

you can do it for free, details all over this thread.

Thanks :) will wade through all the hundreds of posts if I decide to go for it to try find details :D

Damn, just noticed the camera is only 2mp compared to 3.2 which the owner of the phone that needs replacing had and they are quite keen on the camera element of their phone. Any similarly priced android phones with a little bit better camera for an extra tenner or anything? :D

Thanks :) will wade through all the hundreds of posts if I decide to go for it to try find details :D
    To be fair all you have to do is click "search this thread" and type in "unlock".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got one of these as a backup phone, and low and behold I have to use it this week as someone spilled tea on my main phone. I'm finding nearly impossible to text on it. My hands aren't exactly big, but fook me, it's stupidly awkward.

Owen wrote: »
    Got one of these as a backup phone, and low and behold I have to use it this week as someone spilled tea on my main phone. I'm finding nearly impossible to text on it. My hands aren't exactly big, but fook me, it's stupidly awkward.

Download Big Buttons- the free version - from the Market and set it to your own liking. Works very well for me.

• Advertisement

Damn, just noticed the camera is only 2mp compared to 3.2 which the owner of the phone that needs replacing had and they are quite keen on the camera element of their phone. Any similarly priced android phones with a little bit better camera for an extra tenner or anything? :D

Have a look here:http://www.expansys.com/acer-betouch-e110-android-smartphone-black-eu-version+uk-plug-224953/?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=ciao-uk&ito=ciao&ito=Ciao

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement