Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for people to share a house with!

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey.. myself and a friend (both males) are looking to share a house with one or two people this new academic year.. we will both be 1st year students at NUIG studying science and want to rent a house a close proximity to the university. We are fairly mature and clean people and are looking for people like us (male or female)..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'll be looking for a spot myself, do you have anywhere in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bad_Panda

Hey there,
    Im a female and im looking to find someplace to rent too, im gonna be a first year studying arts, and I've seen a few places in the newcastle area thats cheap enough to rent, msg me and hopefully we can sort somthing out, student accomodations awful expensive and the 45-80 week mark in rent is looking awfully attractive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Hey. Ya I'm in the same boat. Looking for somewhere that's not miles away from campus but not too expensive either lik. Give me a pm sure if you're interested in trying to organize a houseshare. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ApeLove

I'm female, going into first year arts hopefully, either myself or a friend and I together could be interested in house sharing, so give me a private message :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adke

Im looking for 2 more people for a house in Galway..already have 3 people so anyone interested give us a shout..fairly decent price aswel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

Hiya im also looking for a room, is everyone here still looking for places or did you all get sorted? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moobear

Hey!

Just wondering what year you're in. We're two postgrads girls both 21 and 22. Let us know if you're interested.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

I am lookiing for 3 people to share a house in rahoon. 20min walk from NUIG. message me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lock_stock

Hi,

Was going to put an ad in the advertiser but i'll put it out here instead... Me and two mates (lads) have a 5 bed house booked above the eyre square shopping centre. So basically we have 2 single rooms going at 90 euro a week. Class location tbh. If you're interested (and reasonably sound) pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭1992

I'm looking for a room somewhere cheap enough and in a good spot.

I'm a repeat first year, 19 year old guy.... So yeah if anyones up for a house share or has a room available, just PM me if ya can :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ShannonM18

hi, yeah, i'm an 18 year old girl moving from louth down to galway for arts, and have no one to live with as of yet. I also hear corrib village is a bit of a shambles, so that's a no! if anyone is interested in sharing somewhere, write to me on this or email me at shannonmcnamee14@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

im also looking for a room in Gway center. Let me know if u're looking for someone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭keithb93

hey im also looking for a room if anyone has anything :)

i would love to rent a room in house with other students. Looking forward to party, not only studying ;)

i'm girl, 20yo.if that's important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nici9876

Hi, I'm also looking for accommodation close to NUIG. Like yourself I'll be studying science, mature and tidy. :) Better off renting somewhere, student accommodation is ridiculously expensive! The Newcastle area seems nice. Message me and let me know :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 WhoSays

18 yo guy from Athlone, looking for people to share an apartment/house. I'm heading into first year Law and looking for reasonably priced accommodation. Hit me Up!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I'm looking for some information on accomodation in Galway for my daughter and son. They're both 1st year, studying financial maths and economics. The thing is, 2 landlords with very good acc, have let me know that they will not be renting to 1st yr students anymore. They were very nice and honest about why they have made the decision, i was totally shocked at what happens, really terrible. I know not everyone is the same, but i've heard a lot more since and it's pretty widespread with 1st years. Parents have had to pay out very big repair bills, be warned, even if there are plenty of places to be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TimeToWander

Haay, I'm looking for a room! I'm a girl, 19 & going into first year arts.
    SOso desperate at this stage...so if anyone needs a house mate, pm me!

Thaanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

There's 3 of us looking for a place, and it's pretty hard finding a 3bed so we're going to consider allowing 1 or 2 people the privilege of living with us.

We're looking for a place either in town or Newcastle/Rahoon/Shantalla, no more than 300 a month. We're three exceptionally sound lads who enjoy drinking and facial hair, we would prefer males (not in that way), particularly those who follow soccer, or domesticated females. No weirdos, we will look at your posting history and if there's anything about Dr Who or "Ultimate Frisbee" or anything you'll have to look elsewhere. No pets, but we will accept gingers.

Give me a PM if you're interested, and yes this is a serious offer.

we're (me and 3 friends) are going to meet up tomoz in Gway center to meet and see if we can live togather ;P and to look at some houses, if sb is interested, give me priv msg so i cud give ya my number to call me and sort things out. ;)

• Advertisement

Your grammar is atrocious, and for that reason, I'm out.
    duncan-bannatyne.jpg

I seriously apologize for that. I am in really hurry because I am working with children now. I am not irish and english is not my mother language. Truly sorry.

:(

UrsulaS wrote: »
    I seriously apologize for that. I am in really hurry because I am working with children now. I am not irish and english is not my mother language. Truly sorry.

:(
    Well now I look like an ársehole. We are equal opportunities housemates so your nationality will not affect your chances, don't worry.

Don't feel bad about that. I am really angry when polish people don't use our gramma correctly, but I was sooo in hurry that I just had to do that this time.
    Anyway that is 'off-topic' so we should stop :)
    Some nice houses? Because we have loads of people now and no house :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayyleyyyyy

I'm a girl, 17 and going into 1st year in Athlone IT doing Applied Social Studies in Social Care! I haven't accepted it yet but I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing.
    Basically, I'm from Kildare, and know nothing about living in Athlone, nor know anyone who is also going to Athlone. I guess I'm looking for a student place with some nice girls to live with! Preferably with good social skills and easy going.
    I'm kind of lost here, and being so young doesn't help! If anyone is interested in this just message me! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Quinntan

Might be an idea to go looking in the AIT section, hopefully this'll be some use too

http://www.aitsu.ie/index.php?page=accomodation

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

I'm a girl, 17 and going into 1st year in Athlone IT doing Applied Social Studies in Social Care! I haven't accepted it yet but I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing.
    Basically, I'm from Kildare, and know nothing about living in Athlone, nor know anyone who is also going to Athlone. I guess I'm looking for a student place with some nice girls to live with! Preferably with good social skills and easy going.
    I'm kind of lost here, and being so young doesn't help! If anyone is interested in this just message me! Thank you :)

Wrong forum you have there i think

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

Hey I'm a male going onto 1st yr engineering innovative looking for someone or a group of people to share a house with. I like to have the craic but don't wanna be with people who party every night

oh I'm from monaghan so I can't be coming down to galway to look at houses everyday. just one day this week or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

May have a room to rent in Newcastle 250 a month + internet/tv/esb (four of us so one-quarter of each). Males only, please PM and include your facebook so I can judge you based on appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Same situation as Croppy Bhoy, 3 lads aged 21-22, looking for someone, more than likely have a place, PM me if interested.

Advertisement