Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nic strength, what do you vape??

Options
  • 03-08-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty much stick to 18mg. There's a couple of juices that i can only get in 24mg, definitely more of a throat hit on these...

I think the options are pretty much the main strenghts i've seen for sale, if not pick the closest..

What strenght nic juice do you vape?? 36 votes

0mg
    0%
    11mg
    2%
    captainwang 1 vote
    18mg
    22%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarSambaEoinstrobederraSgtBobStealthirlOh_Noes 8 votes
    24mg
    50%
    mewsoHellrazerAmigamanGryzorEselJo Satanwingnut32theblueirishiPloptkavanMike LitorisElevelynDA365Albasflids.utdOpitbridgemondktala 18 votes
    36mg
    25%
    andyeirelee_baby_simmsmrplopCount1Bubba9dylanbytwosndwr4tommy2badvelocivaper 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

36mg
    24mg for me pretty much whenever I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

36mg
    Just starting and got 24mg, will cut that down next order to 18mg. 24 is strong making the vapor bitter, if thats the right term. Nicotine burn from the juice that inevitably gets on the tip.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

24mg
    I've been on 18 since I began but I'm thinking of dropping it now especially with the Dual Coil Cartomisers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

18mg
    started on 24 with first batchof juice, then down to 18 with second back and i've been hovering around the 11mg ever since. I found that I didn't alter the amount I vaped with the strength of the juices, so it was best for me to lower the strength of the juice so i didn't get the shakes and jitters from too much nicotine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

18mg
    Mostly 11mg now although i have a couple liquids that are 18mg if i feel the need.

Must keep an eye on how much i actually vape each day, have not been monitoring that at all.

Anyone that uses the eGo-T all day with a tank cartridge, on average how many ml's are yas going through and what strength nicotine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

36mg
    A 10ml 24mg tobacco flavoured bottle lasts me about three days using Ego type B mega tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Two tanks per day, at just over 2 ml strength. (mixing 3 drops of 16mg strength per tank with 0 nic, and about 4 drops of whatever flavour takes his fancy at the time)

If he's busy, (some serious DIY going on around here atm) then that can drop to between half a tank and 1 tank, but he goes looking for extra strong flavouring in the juice. (Anyone remember the sweets/chewing gum on previous attempts to quit the fags?:D)

18mg
    Bubba9 wrote: »
    A 10ml 24mg tobacco flavoured bottle lasts me about three days using Ego type B mega tank

24mg RY4 was too much for me altogether :D
    Last couple days @11mg i went through about 10ml maybe slightly more but also some of that mixed with 0mg of the same flavour.
    Noreen1 wrote: »
    Two tanks per day, at just over 2 ml strength. (mixing 3 drops of 16mg strength per tank with 0 nic, and about 4 drops of whatever flavour takes his fancy at the time)

If he's busy, (some serious DIY going on around here atm) then that can drop to between half a tank and 1 tank, but he goes looking for extra strong flavouring in the juice. (Anyone remember the sweets/chewing gum on previous attempts to quit the fags?:D)

He be fairly close to stopping vaping then would he if on the A tanks ?
    Is that his aim or will he continue to vape do ya think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

18mg
    I seem to have settled for now at 11mg, I was floating between 11 and 18 for a little while but 18mg seems a little too much for me.

I haven't the foggiest how much I'm using per day because I keep switching between devices. When I use the 510-T I seem to eat tanks but when I'm using an Ego-T I only refill once or twice a day. Same for cartos. Looking at the bottles I'm using about 20mg per week or so. Maybe less.

derra wrote: »
    24mg RY4 was too much for me altogether :D
    Last couple days @11mg i went through about 10ml maybe slightly more but also some of that mixed with 0mg of the same flavour.

He be fairly close to stopping vaping then would he if on the A tanks ?
    Is that his aim or will he continue to vape do ya think ?

I think he'll be vaping for a long time, yet.
    He just needed off the fags because of high blood pressure - it's not that he wanted to give up smoking, so, he'll probably go to 0 nic, vape for another while, and eventually give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

18mg on the start,
    6mg , 10 ml per week at the moment

18mg
    alec76 wrote: »
    18mg on the start,
    6mg , 10 ml per week at the moment

That seems very minimal use to me bearing in mind everyone is different for the amount they go through and devices they are using that will affect total amounts.

I be happy when i go to a lower nicotine ejuice as compared to you i am lashing this stuff out of it !

derra wrote: »
    That seems very minimal use to me bearing in mind everyone is different for the amount they go through and devices they are using that will affect total amounts.

I be happy when i go to a lower nicotine ejuice as compared to you i am lashing this stuff out of it !

Just take it a few days at a time. Remember it probably took you a few years to get to whatever amount of cigarettes you were smoking every day. Most people seem to lay into the e-juice when they start first - I think it's maybe because they're looking for the same taste/throat hit/whatever they were getting from the fags.

If you want to cut down, and you find changing from, say 18mg to 11mg, too much - then buy some 0 nic juice, and mix to 15mg strength.

If you're only after starting vaping, I wouldn't get too stressed about it - just keep a weather eye on how much you vape to make sure you are reducing your nic intake.

The other thing that new vapers sometimes do, is confuse the jittery feeling that nicotine overdose can cause with craving a fag.

If you're worried about your nicotine intake, try reducing the juice strength, and see how you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

24mg
    I go through 5ml a day easy. With a drink I tend to vape even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

18mg
    Only had 24mg with prefilled 510 carts. When I switched to the 510-T (like two weeks later) I went with 11mg and have been happy at that with all my juices.

I go through about 3 510-T tanks a day. think that is 1.5ml (if I am correct in saying that 510-T tanks are 0.5ml)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

18mg
    Started on 24, found it too strong, dropped down to 18 for a while and now i'm down to 11. I probably average around 1ml per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

18mg
    id stick to around 9-12mg range myself with the odd bit of 0mg and some 14mg VG

id vape 2 maybe 3ml a day but about .5-1ml of that could be 0nic

18mg
    Noreen1 wrote: »
    Just take it a few days at a time. Remember it probably took you a few years to get to whatever amount of cigarettes you were smoking every day. Most people seem to lay into the e-juice when they start first - I think it's maybe because they're looking for the same taste/throat hit/whatever they were getting from the fags.

If you want to cut down, and you find changing from, say 18mg to 11mg, too much - then buy some 0 nic juice, and mix to 15mg strength.

If you're only after starting vaping, I wouldn't get too stressed about it - just keep a weather eye on how much you vape to make sure you are reducing your nic intake.

The other thing that new vapers sometimes do, is confuse the jittery feeling that nicotine overdose can cause with craving a fag.

If you're worried about your nicotine intake, try reducing the juice strength, and see how you go?

Cheers Noreen, great points ya make there.
    Yeah i think i be heading to around the 15mg mark alright, have plenty of 0mg of the 11 and 18mg juice i have.
    I never fill the tanks to the top anyway and i always refill before it empties so will have to guage exactly how much i use.
    Would'nt be overly worried about how much nicotine intake yet, it has to be better than smoking rollies all day :)
    I like vaping anyway and with so many devices and juices to try out i can't see meself stopping anytime soon unless we get some serious reliable health warnings about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

36mg
    I'm doing about 5ml a day using 24mg RY-4.
    I'm going to try 18mg next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

24mg
    mrplop wrote: »
    I'm doing about 5ml a day using 24mg RY-4.
    I'm going to try 18mg next week...
    Isn't that about the same as smoking 120 cigs per day (@ 1mg per cig)? Your blood pressure must be nearly ringing the bell!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Isn't that about the same as smoking 120 cigs per day (@ 1mg per cig)? Your blood pressure must be nearly ringing the bell!

That's just what I was thinking!

I know that the amount of nicotine absorbed through vaping may not be the same as smoking, but 5ml a day of 24mg seems very high.
    You probably already know that nicotine raises your blood pressure?

Far be it from me to tell anyone what to do, though.
    When I gave up smoking (many moons ago!), I swore I'd never become one of those incredibly annoying ex-smokers who nag everyone else. That's a promise I've managed to keep so far, and I'm not going to change now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

36mg

Not sure if it's the nicotine that raises your blood pressure...maybe some of the 4,000 odd chemicals that are in fags do that. I go through around 3ml 24mg/day and my blood pressure is the same now as before I began vaping. Nicotine isn't great for the heart, though, as it can cause spasms in the blood vessels. Still....nobody knows for sure without proper clinical studies I suppose.

From wiki:
    Nicotine has very powerful effects on arteries throughout the body. Nicotine is a stimulant, it raises [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure"]blood pressure[/URL], and is a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasoconstrictor"]vasoconstrictor[/URL], making it harder for the heart to pump through the constricted arteries. It causes the body to release its stores of fat and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol"]cholesterol[/URL] into the blood

There's a ton of other info. on various medical sites, but I don't have time to look for it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

36mg

I have felt like I've had too much Red Bull on a good few occasions so I should probably calm it down a bit. I've cut back slightly but I've still managed to use over half of a 30ml bottle of RY-4 24mg since Friday - had about half of a bottle of DK/TAB 10ml, 24mg too.

I read something about Vaping not putting out as much nic as it's supposed to. I guess I'm hedging my bets, it can't be as bad as the 25 to 30 fags I used to smoke every day. I've only been off them completely for just under a month and I'm going a little bit mental to compensate, hopefully I won't be as frenzied in a couple of weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

18mg
    i think i read somewhere that the nicotine in take compared to a cigarette is about 30% as efficient, but still.. 15ml of 24mg since friday is.. alot :)

maybe switch down to 18mg and see how you feel. I guess like you said, either way you're not burning plant material and inhaling the resulting smoke and added chemicals so it's likely better than smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

24mg
    Vaping 18mg at the moment and find it good. I find I have to be careful with my vaping. Like if i am siting watching tv and it is in my hand I would be vaping every few seconds. I use about 1ml of juice a day I think, Well I fill my cart twice or three times so I dont burn out my atty. Going to get a tank atty next week so should have a better idea how much I vape then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

18mg
    been vapeing mostly .6% or 6mg stuff this week and id use maybe a bit more juice some days,i mesured it properly this week and in the 7 days i used 31ml of juice or just under 4.5ml a day. i would have thought less.i also use about 1ml in the 1st 3 hours of a 16 hour day

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

24mg
    Bubba9 wrote: »
    ....Nicotine.... can cause spasms in the blood vessels.
    Not can - it does. And 'spasms in the blood vessels' = vasoconstriction => raised blood pressure.

@mrplop: Think seriously about reducing your juice strength if you're vaping that much.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

36mg
    Revisiting this thread, Has everyone settled at a volum and % nic?
    It was Aug the 8th I think when I said I'de cut down from 24mg nic to 18.
    I did and went back to 24mg. Started to get the longing at 18 so better not risk going back to fags.
    Just went through my purchases and avg out the juice. 80 days vaping 190 ml juice. Thats about 2.5 a day. It was less on a 510 so I reckon I'm at 2.5 to 3 ml a day constant for about the last 6 weeks.
    I've used 6 atties and 4 cartos, still have 2 atties and 1 carto left. So less than 30ml use from an attie . Maybe more if the carto used less, I cant tell cos I didn't take to cartos and more or less left them without really running them into the ground.
    Are ye all at a constant level or are ye still cutting down or increasing?

• Advertisement

18mg
    With all the experimenting lately mixing my own i'll be definitely staying around the 11 mg mark for the time being.
    Got some RY4 18mg for a friend the other day and it blew the head off me when i filled a cart with it, headache city !
    I can vape constantly on 11mg and will experiment with lower than that in the next week or so bit by bit and see what level i can go down to.
    Changing to a different atomiser has contributed significantly since i started vaping in reducing nic content.

Advertisement