Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pottermore - anyone else find the magic quill today?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

So has anyone else signed up for early regristation? I just found the magic quill and registered. Got a username and password and then an email to confirm my registration. It says that you have to wait for an email to let you know when you can enter as they don't want everyone entering the beta site at once. Apparently 150,000 people per day for 7 days will get early entrance.

Exciting!

Next magic quill clue should be tomorrow morning at 9am/10am Irish time. (I think)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I got mine today also. It was easy enough. They seem to be starting it at around 9-10am our time, which kinda sucks for people in the US, especially the west coast. I've seen some people are annoyed that you can only choose from a list of usernames but I didn't mind too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Yep, I got in. The choice of usernames was a bit rubbish but the one I picked is okay. Wonder how long until we get the welcome emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

flyaway. wrote: »
    Yep, I got in. The choice of usernames was a bit rubbish but the one I picked is okay. Wonder how long until we get the welcome emails!

I know, I'm quite excited :o

It seems there is a short window of time to find the quill but it is easy enough to find. The username thing was weird too but apparently is to protect children from online predators.

I'm in NZ so 11 hours ahead of British time (they do seem to be coming out between 9am and 10am) so it suits me just fine. It was evening for me and I was home online and happened to see on facebook that somebody had just got their early registration. I can see how it would be annoying if you were in an awkward time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I got in today, it was pretty easy tbh. Although I was in a mad rush solving the clue, and then I go on Facebook and Twitter and see loads of people simply linking people to the end site, so it really isn't that hard to get in. :pac: Choice of usernames was a bit crap, I'm NimbusSpirit145. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've found it but it keeps saying cannot connect to server. Agh.

Never mind. I'm in. You can call me StormChaser173

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Check you're not using AdBlock. The answer is freely available on Yahoo Answers. When you see the quill (to the right of the train on the book review page) just twiddle the mouse left to right over the image to levitate the quill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Someone posted the link straight to registration so I followed that.

I am now: SilverRook164

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I am in work, and every i find out it's closed i hoping to get on it saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Love the usernames! I am now EchoStar55 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

any idea of when the next clue will be up?

oh just saw its between 2pm and 6pm today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Gah I'm dying to get into this and I keep missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Just got in, it's very sad how excited I was

I'm MarauderSkull164 booo yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

yes i registered

question was a lot easier today

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

just got in also :) waiting for my email now though, does it normally take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Got it. Annoying redirect to Sony though

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

OMG what are ye talking about? I want in!!
    Will some one send me the link PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just got in there now.

Your Pottermore username is: KnightFirebolt39 :D:D

StinkySocs wrote: »

http://www.pottermore.com/

Answer the question you see and paste it at the end of this link

http://quill.pottermore.com/XXXXX

Replace the x's with your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

toodleytoo wrote: »
    just got in also :) waiting for my email now though, does it normally take long?

Yeah the email took about 20 mins to come through for me

StinkySocs wrote: »

www.Pottermore.com

Then answer the question and put in

http://quill.pottermore.com/xx where xx is the answer to the question..simples.

Hint: There were 4!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million! It's refreshing but i'll let you know how I get on....so excited!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sin_c

IN! Im so excited.

hope the welcome emails come quickly!

Just got email there. interesting that your not actually in until you activate via email...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I thought it was quite embarrassing that they only asked for a parent's email. I guess they don't realise that most Harry Potter nuts are the ones who've been following it for years.
    Also hate that they put numbers at the end of the usernames! And they could at least let us choose the first two names separately or give more than 5 options.

Registration is closed for today :mad: RAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I thought it was quite embarrassing that they only asked for a parent's email. I guess they don't realise that most Harry Potter nuts are the ones who've been following it for years.
    Also hate that they put numbers at the end of the usernames! And they could at least let us choose the first two names separately or give more than 5 options.

Did you put your correct birth date in? I didn't get asked for a parents email :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Wife has got conformation email
    i have not ....i am not happy

Haven't gotten my confirmation email yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Still waiting for confirmation email but I'll be PheonixCat102 which isn't bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Just got the email now, account activated :)

Advertisement