Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Are they not going to make one million from ticket sales for the house in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Addle wrote: »
    Are they not going to make one million from ticket sales for the house in Dublin?
    They've to pay for the house

15,000 tickets by €100 is not equal to the cost of that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If they sell all of them they will make over 1m from it.

A lot of that money will be used for the work on the Hyde.

I suppose whatever is left when the Hyde is up to spec for a Connacht final will be used for CoE. I also think there is some money already in place for CoE from that fundraiser in NY .

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rosknight

CB would do well to pay all outstanding bills they have at the moment. Once again a lot of people still waiting to get paid for services provided. How can they stand over this type of practice??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

Get buying those 100 euro tickets. Only 6000 sold so far so the house is paid for, but not much profit unless we get a good run on sales.

On centers of excellence, they are white elephants when our urban areas are being over run with soccer pitches. GAA is almost running away from the challenge of urbanisation of modern society ploughing so much money into fields that are so far from all the other facilities people need.

rn wrote: »
    Get buying those 100 euro tickets. Only 6000 sold so far so the house is paid for, but not much profit unless we get a good run on sales.

On centers of excellence, they are white elephants when our urban areas are being over run with soccer pitches. GAA is almost running away from the challenge of urbanisation of modern society ploughing so much money into fields that are so far from all the other facilities people need.
    Agreed
    New GAA club needed in monksland for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cunningham looking outside county for players with Roscommon connections it seems.

Kerry born Conor Cox and Leitrim top scorer last season Keith Beirne are both going to be training with Roscommon squad. Rumours that former Dublin under 21 winning goalkeeper JB Carthy is also being looked at.

Hopefully he can unearth a few defenders and midfielders too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I thought the house was donated by the builder?

Fann Linn wrote: »

I thought the house was donated by the builder?
    Nope
    House was bought at cost price afaik

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Nope
    House was bought at cost price afaik

Where do i get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Cunningham looking outside county for players with Roscommon connections it seems.

Kerry born Conor Cox and Leitrim top scorer last season Keith Beirne are both going to be training with Roscommon squad. Rumours that former Dublin under 21 winning goalkeeper JB Carthy is also being looked at.

Hopefully he can unearth a few defenders and midfielders too :)

JB Carthy doesnt even play for his clubs 1st team so I wouldnt hold out much hope there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 42 yesnow

I thought the house was a donation from Mulryan?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I got an email last night saying thanks for buying my ticket (some time back) and currently 7200 have been sold

Not even half the target?
    That's so poor.
    I'm surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Not even half the target?
    That's so poor.
    I'm surprised.
    How many were you expecting them to sell? If a county as small as Roscommon end up selling around 800,000 worth of tickets I would consider it good work by the sellers than poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

yesnow wrote: »
    I thought the house was a donation from Mulryan?

Same here.

I was expecting them to sell the amount they intended to sell.
    With all the advertising In dublin and the commuter belt, I thought they'd do a lot better.
    Time to yet, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Addle wrote:
    I was expecting them to sell the amount they intended to sell. With all the advertising In dublin and the commuter belt, I thought they'd do a lot better. Time to yet, I suppose.

They should push for companies to offer a ticket through the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme where you don't pay tax on the value. Same as a One4All voucher. So if you're on the higher rate you save €48 out of the €100 price.

As this is a 'lottery' I'm not sure if the tax rules allow it but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

Agreed
    New GAA club needed in monksland for instance
    Thankfully clann doing a great service to the population here in monksland. So vast majority of local population delighted to be part of clann.

Of course if you had a CoE in monksland it would make it easy for the few unhappy people to perhaps form a break away club. But that won't happen now.

No, house was purchased at cost price or close to. The donation was forgoing any commercial profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

I was expecting them to sell the amount they intended to sell.
    With all the advertising In dublin and the commuter belt, I thought they'd do a lot better.
    Time to yet, I suppose.

County Board Treasurer David O’Connor said on shannonside radio tonight that the number they intended to sell was 10,000 tickets and that 70% of the tickets sold so far have a Dublin address.

I think it was her that I read the target was 15,000.
    Better odds for me at 10,000!

It is capped at 15k tickets, 10k might just be a realistic target they have set for themselves.

County Board Treasurer David O’Connor said on shannonside radio tonight that the number they intended to sell was 10,000 tickets and that 70% of the tickets sold so far have a Dublin address.

you'd imagine that expats would be a huge market for this draw?

you'd imagine that expats would be a huge market for this draw?

Apparently they aren't selling as many in US as they expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭cms88

yabadabado wrote: »

Very good Junior player for Kerry. Won 3 All-Irelands with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

According to Frankie Dolan, Brian Stack has been told rest up for 6 months so I think we can add him to list of players that likely won't be playing county for a while.

Ciarán Murtagh, John McManus, Cathal Compton, Tadhg O Rourke all look to be leaving for the year and it's unlikely Diarmuid Murtagh plays any part in the league due to severe eye injury.

Fintan Cregg, Conor Devaney and Cathal Cregg from accounts have at least committed themselves for the league.

Advertisement