Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onion Rings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep not Salt n Pepper. I would hardly use the word NEW for that place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Think Ive found a new contender: The new fish n chip place in Salthill. Lovely perfectly formed homemade rings. Absolutly no grease and they dont fall apart when you bite them. Menu says 2euro for 4 but they gave me seven B-). Lovely chips as well 2.25 for a huge portion.
    Pity I dont live in Salthill though :-(

Their onion ring sales are about to spike :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Lol. Just reread my post. Think I'll try and take over Willie Shaws job in the Advertiser. I can take better photos than him too.
    Off for a pint now. Back with my review of the Merry Fiddler (actually I know already. The lads playing are brilliant).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Got the onion rings from Super Bites on Bridge Street delivered to the house the other day.

Now admittedly they were a little soggy from transit but still really good. Reminded me of the onion rings from the old chipper in Oranmore in the 90's.

Nostalgiatastic!

i LOVED that chipper in Oranmore (is that the one where supermacs is now). Their burgers were amazing - remember we used to drive out there about once a month to get burger and chips from them. Great chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Think Ive found a new contender: The new fish n chip place in Salthill. Lovely perfectly formed homemade rings. Absolutly no grease and they dont fall apart when you bite them. Menu says 2euro for 4 but they gave me seven B-). Lovely chips as well 2.25 for a huge portion.
    I thought their chips were very good but the onion rings only mediocre. The batter seemed to be quite thick so didn't crisp up the way I like and went a bit doughy on the inside. I'd definitely go back for fish and chips though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I thought their chips were very good but the onion rings only mediocre. The batter seemed to be quite thick so didn't crisp up the way I like and went a bit doughy on the inside. I'd definitely go back for fish and chips though.
    Chips were good, their burger was chronic. The menu had it billed as "homemade" but it was from somewhere in the darker recesses of some catalogue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Robbo wrote: »
    Chips were good, their burger was chronic. The menu had it billed as "homemade" but it was from somewhere in the darker recesses of some catalogue.

I'm sorta glad to read that now, I nearly bought their burger last week but opted for a bit o cod instead, disappointed that it wasn't decent burger all the same - there's a lack of places in Galway that do a good patty.

My portion of onion rings were super btw, crisp, light and plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

catz852002 wrote: »
    Kettle of Fish (on cross st i tnk) opposite Buskers Bar (and also have a branch in Gort) do THE TASTIEST onion rings ever in the world and also the best hand-battered chicken goujons to be had in Galway! Full of flavours! Highly reccommended! (",)
    Kettle of Fish always leaves me cold, I am not a massive eater by any means, but the portions sizes are disappointing.

Advertisement