Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

14/1 Button was on Friday evening, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's overstating it a little: Hamiton's driving makes for better TV, but the BBC commentators have pointed out the downside on many occasions, and certainly didn't begrudge Button his victory in Canada (for example).

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Button has 8sec lead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Autosport wrote: »
    Vettel might be greedy and want the win

na he tried to push to close in, button responded vettel settled for 2nd

Coming up to lap a train of cars, one shortcuts the chicane, really was a lot like Monaco.

• Advertisement

Hamilton is on a flyer

Button has a 9sec lead now, come on Button :D

Come on Button, we have cake :D

vettel edgeing closer to a one hundred point lead

Yep - Vettel's dialled back, still 20 sec ahead of Alonso.

Coulthard's reading my mind: just two laps till Button has some Champagne to go with that Cake. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Vettel might be greedy and want the win

he's too smart for that :D mans a legend

Traffic interfer with those 2 :D

Jenson wins his 200th Grand Prix: Let Him Eat Cake! :pac:

bnt wrote: »
    Jenson wins his 200th Grand Prix: Let Him Eat Cake! :pac:

Couldnt have said it better :D

Maybe others will disagree but after the worries for McLarens' in-season development they've won 3 of the last 5 races while Red Bull are falling back.

delighted for button brilliant drive

Love the new Haircut Jensen, Brilliant race, did think we would have more rain but still it was a good race :D

my money is on a maca to win at spa aswell cool changeable conditions seem to suit the car perfectly

Grim. wrote: »
    my money is on a maca to win at spa aswell cool changeable conditions seem to suit the car perfectly

One wonders about the in-season development of the top teams. Coupla poor races and Hamilton gives out that McLaren aren't developing the car properly and now they've won 3/5 races while RB's quali advantage has shrunk and their race pace is almost gone.

Right now my main problem with this season is what I've been given out for a while and it's reliability. RB can manage everything easily now whereas if the engines weren't so stupidly limited they'd be having failures or facing falling out of the top 5 or 6. With the rules the way they are there's no chance of Vettel being caught now alas.

amacachi wrote: »
    One wonders about the in-season development of the top teams. Coupla poor races and Hamilton gives out that McLaren aren't developing the car properly and now they've won 3/5 races while RB'ss quali advantage has shrunk and their race pace is almost gone.

no doubt the car has come on leaps and bounds in recent months, but i'm still curious to see how it uses its tyres on a properly hot track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

One wonders about the in-season development of the top teams. Coupla poor races and Hamilton gives out that McLaren aren't developing the car properly and now they've won 3/5 races while RB's quali advantage has shrunk and their race pace is almost gone.

Right now my main problem with this season is what I've been given out for a while and it's reliability. RB can manage everything easily now whereas if the engines weren't so stupidly limited they'd be having failures or facing falling out of the top 5 or 6. With the rules the way they are there's no chance of Vettel being caught now alas.

To be honest the RB was so far ahead at the start, maybe they're finding it hard to improve it. While on the flip side, the McLaren struggled early on so there's much more scope for improvement for them

Nice to see Lews apologise to Paul, seems to have matured alot over the latter half of the season. Delighted for Jensen tho :)

I wonder who they will have on the forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Yeah Lewis kinda shot himself in the foot towards the end with inters.
    Drive through didnt help either but drive through wouldnt have made that big a difference, gap between himself and Alonso, who on the whole had quite a race as well.
    Eventful one, especially with the Heidfeld inferno early on at end of pit lane, made things interesting..
    Thought it was harsh enough on Hamilton to get the drive through but rules are rules I suppose, cant see any other way of him doing it like...
    Fair play for getting past Webber so late on as well but you have to feel for him, had it in the bag at one stage.
    Also a very good race from Di Resta, best thus far if I'm not mistaken so fair play in regards to that.
    Massa although had a spill early on, all in all, some brilliant driving from himself.
    Sebastian Buemi though.
    23rd to 8th...
    Deserves an award of his own just for that.
    Brilliant race in my opinion, brief spells of rain kept me on my toes.
    Have it recorded anyway so chances are I'll have a look over it again later too. In my opinion though, one of the best yet, rivals the Canadian, being a Button & Hamilton fan though, (being English) the reasons why aren't hidden well.
    To summarize, brilliant GP & many more to come I hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Nice to see Lews apologise to Paul, seems to have matured alot over the latter half of the season.

Di Resta has been publicly looking for an apology off Heidfeld so the suspicious side of me is wondering does that have something to do with Hamiltons very clear willingness to apologise. :p

Good race though, I was shocked at how bad the cars were on the inters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great race, Hamilton's race was over when they chose to stay with the option tyre instead of going for a run to the end on primes.

Sweet drive by Button, again showing everyone he's the master of uncertainty. Chuffed for him, even though the end result plays into Vettels hands.

Schumacher & Rosberg got amazing starts, if only that car had more pace :(

Great race overall, pity about the three week hiatus now as well as the cancelled season opener. Pity Bernie couldn't have sorted out a race for the summer gap as we're already down a promised GP.

Bernie Eccelstone - Believe In Better
    Sky - Believe In Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Very good race to watch. The first laps were nice because you could see the drivers struggling for grip. There were good fights along the field, thanks to the weather and tyrechoices.
    What happend to Heidfeld's car is a bit unclear, obviously the engine blew, but Eric was criptical about it. Looked like old times though.
    Around the third pitstop fase when some changed to prime and others to options, it was clear to me that the primes would last to the end. The short change to inters ruined hamiltons chances of winning. In the end a deserved win by Jenson, since it's his 200th grand prix. When i checked twitter on my phone this morning and saw tweets about rain, my first thought was that it would be good for Button. It worked out.
    With all the different winners the last races it will be difficult to see someone other than Vettel taking the championship, specially if he keeps finishing in the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Great race AGAIN and great win for Button. I never thought I'd see great races from the Nurb and Hungary in the same season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

"WOW it's BRACING!"

:)

Delighted for Button and he's starting to show people that he does actually have some talent as opposed to being "just a guy in one of the best cars".
    Great race too....gonna miss it for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

That thas to be a penalty for Hamilton. Sweet Jesus I don't think I've ever seen such ridiculous driving.

You havent? 40 seconds in! He knew what he was doing all right. He has a history of doing this

• Advertisement
Advertisement