Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Away Awning for camper van

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a Adria Win camper van, thinking of investing in a drive away awning. Would like space to bring a few friends along on weekends and to have a place to store stuff at base and use the van to tour around during the day.

Anybody have any experience of them?
    Are they easy/quick to set up and take down?
    Any good showrooms where I can see a few samples?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

This post from 2009 might get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

have a twin our selfs. we have something like this.
    motorhome-awnings1.jpg the first few goes of putting it up will take a bit of time, where as taking it down its apart far quicker. its far easier to put up with two people. we had it in france last year and it was grand. but after the end of the trip we had decided it would be handier just to invest in an awning to save all the hassle.the bag it comes in is big enough so it takes up a good bit of space under the bed at the back. so when your away for a decent amount of time its space you dont particularly want to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adventurer10

Thanks forza rovers , that looks cool, what size is that one? And do you have the name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭leana

Friends of ours have this one, its nice, good and sturdy http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=740&product=Motordome%20Classic

I have this one http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=783 , while the space is great the poles split easily and it doesn't hold up well to atlantic breezes. It's fine in good weather but not much suited to an Irish 'summer'.

Both are easy to put up provided you've someone to help and there aren't kids running around your legs when you're putting it up. Fine to take down too although can get difficult if it's windy. I don't know of anywhere you'd see them up but there should be plenty of online reviews.

I've just seen that their twice the price of forza rover's suggestion...ya might be better stick with him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

leana wrote: »
    Friends of ours have this one, its nice, good and sturdy http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=740&product=Motordome%20Classic

I've the 'excelsior', the slightly taller one to this. Its an excellent awning,I can put up and take myself very easily.Its very strong and has held up to some serious winds both attatched to the van and standing alone. The internal pole system is brilliant,very quick n easy:)

Advertisement