Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Irish indie songs thread

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

This thread hopefully might unearth some forgotten musical gems..

The Rules:

1. No repeat bands: Only one track per band/artist.If someone beats you to a band, tough cookie.
    That way we can get a really broad range of Irish indie bands/artists and not a lot of songs from a few bands.

2. Add some background info about the band. Where they are from, roughly when they existed (if broken up) and how you discovered them. Adds a bit of colour to the proceedings.

3. Have fun!

I'll kick things off

Simple Kid - Staring at the sun
    I was working in Virgin Megastores (RIP), Cork back in '04 & '05 when Simple Kid aka Ciaran McFeely from Cork came on the scene. He was previously in The Young Offenders. This album SK1 got a fair few spins in Virgin at the time. Alas he called it a day there recently.

Something Happens - Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello (Petrol)
    Mainly know this Dublin band through Tom Dunne's radio show on Newstalk. Pretty good upbeat single from the band...I Like!

Future Kings Of Spain - Hanging Around
    Again its a band from Dublin that I discovered while working in Virgin. From their self titled debut. This track has a nice punchy sound.

Comments

Advertisement