Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE "remaster" Amanda brunker singing on youtube!!

Options
  • 25-07-2011 12:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

They've turned this:

into this:

:eek::eek::eek:

Sweet mother of Jaysus,what is going on with this country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

A lot of talent on show there, from the editor and post-production team.
    Not much talent on the stage mind you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fraud plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Another example of the licence fee being put to good use then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

One is recorded from the crowd, the other is recorded from what is going through the sound desk.

Of course they are going to sound different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Good jaysis!!!

the amount of amazing talent this country has to offer in the shape of bands that never get a lucky break, and the put that yoke up on a stage???

dear oh dear :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The first Amanda Brunker thread was closed and people banned because of the hurling of vile personal insults at her.

Be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It should be released as a single, just to see if it lives up to the hype:o. The other track would be a duet with Bono performing a remake of this:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

reprazant wrote: »
    One is recorded from the crowd, the other is recorded from what is going through the sound desk.

Yep, 'remastered' lol. It's just a proper recording versus one recorded off a crappy camera mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I cant tell much difference in the "quality" of her singing.. The overall quality of the sound is better obviously, but he voice is still weak.. Sounds like the band are playing Everything But The Girl's Missing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I don't see an output on that guitar though- and there is no way that the vocal hasn't been tampered with. Sounds like serious mixing was done on it. I just don't understand why they are putting so much work into her when it's pretty obvious that the general public dislike her- wouldn't they be better off putting her out to pasture or is celebrity status like civil/ public service? Impossible to fire, retire with full pension after x years of service regardless of quality of work and possibility to continue working after service is up?

BTW, not based on Irish civil/ public service necessarily, don't want to insult anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I don't see an output on that guitar though-

There's a plug going in to the guitar and most probably connected to a wireless system around the back/side of the guitar... Out bassist has a similar wireless system, and usually at the start of every gig he discovers that his son has robbed the battery for his remote control tractor.. then the panic sets in ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

Utter garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

xzanti wrote: »
    The first Amanda Brunker thread was closed and people banned because of the hurling of vile personal insults at her.

They should have used sliothars.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

It's still rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

First Amy Winehouse dies then this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

So Rte are basically saying so many people hate Amanda Brunkers singing lets make her oxegen song better.

Still Rubbish :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

xzanti wrote: »

Be warned.

OFGS!....lets us take the mick outta her!, she's a PRIME candidate for a ribbing [no pun intended] ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've thanked everyone on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Haters gonna hate

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Shouldn't she at least have a pretext for going on stage to sing?..I dont get it is oxegen now an open mic stye concert?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've thanked everyone on this thread.

No, you missed me and Xzanti out:(

First Amy Winehouse dies then this rubbish.

Maybe Amy heard Amanda's singing and just gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I suppose there's no chance of them having filmed a proper band is there? No, because that would make too much sense wouldn't it.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I suppose there's no chance of them having filmed a proper band is there? No, because that would make too much sense wouldn't it.

Yes, they brought a film crew down to oxygen and ONLY filmed Amanda Brunker. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that people think that it is remastered and touched because it sounds different from from the recording somebody made on their phone in the crowd. Truly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Maybe she could record singing versions of her books and do a tour of Easons with the band in tow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yes, they brought a film crew down to oxygen and ONLY filmed Amanda Brunker. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that people think that it is remastered and touched because it sounds different from from the recording somebody made on their phone in the crowd. Truly bizarre.

Why then were the original videos of her "singing" taken down and these ones launched instead?

Only a complete numpty would think the two vids bear any relation to each other as regards content.

What original videos were taken down? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

No offence to Ms Brunker or her fans (both of them), but why is this fame-hungry ****ing eejit singing, let alone singing at a venue as big as Oxegen?

Not a bad song though, I'm liking the instrumental in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

That's what our TV licenses were spent on? I want a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No offence to Ms Brunker or her fans (both of them), but why is this fame-hungry ****ing eejit singing, let alone singing at a venue as big as Oxegen?

Not a bad song though, I'm liking the instrumental in it.

Money. Fame.

In that order.

Advertisement