Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork v Mayo All Ireland Quarter Final - Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

HT Cork 2-05 V Mayo1-06

Happy to be a 2pts up at Ht. We started very well but then Mayo came back into it with an improved midfield performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I think Mayo are doing very well. Taking their chances and defending OK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Paracore wrote: »
    Mayo stciking well with the so far but they will inevitably roll over being the soft little pansies they are

Aren't Cork meant to be about 40 points up by now?

Judging by the build up, and the comments from some Cork contributors, thats the impression I got.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lapin wrote: »
    Aren't Cork meant to be about 40 points up by now?

Judging by the build up, and the comments from some Cork contributors, thats the impression I got.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Cork are playing quite poor. They are missing goulding, sheehan and o neill big time. Mayo have nothing to loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Cork look the better team so far - they should be able to find another gear in the 2nd half and pull through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Always dangerous to write off any opposition. It Will be a lot closer than what people are saying including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Ger Caff on a yellow will have to come off I think. Mayo forwards look to have the pace on the Cork backs. Hopefully all setup for a good second half.
    Cork are playing into Mayo hands by taking so long to get the ball out of their own half. If Cork move it quicker and more direct we could be in bother.
    Special mention to Kevin McGloughlin, both Mayo wonder goals are now from Knockmore.

teednab-el wrote: »
    Always dangerous to write off any opposition. It Will be a lot closer than what people are saying including myself.

I think Cork will still win by about 7 or 8. There are goals for our forwards if we get them enough ball. The first 15mins will see Cork pull away or Mayo get on top. If Cork can pull away we should win comfortably. If Mayo can pull themselves together a bit more they could start the second half well and put us under real pressure. Belief is something Limerick were sorely missing against Kerry, Mayo could make it uncomfortable but I think Cork will go up a few gears and Mayo will not be able to hold them - time will tell.

Ger Caff on a yellow will have to come off I think. Mayo forwards look to have the pace on the Cork backs. Hopefully all setup for a good second half.
    Cork are playing into Mayo hands by taking so long to get the ball out of their own half. If Cork move it quicker and more direct we could be in bother.
    Special mention to Kevin McGloughlin, both Mayo wonder goals are now from Knockmore.

6 yellows already - 4 for Mayo, 2 for Cork. I hope a red doesn't ruin the flow of the game.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think Cork will still win by about 7 or 8. There are goals for our forwards if we get them enough ball. The first 15mins will see Cork pull away or Mayo get on top. If Cork can pull away we should win comfortably. If Mayo can pull themselves together a bit more they could start the second half well and put us under real pressure. Belief is something Limerick were sorely missing against Kerry, Mayo could make it uncomfortable but I think Cork will go up a few gears and Mayo will not be able to hold them - time will tell.
    I'd agree with this barring the manner in which it's achieved - I think Mayo will come out and fire everything at Cork once again without ever really pulling away, Cork will weather the storm and finish stronger.

I don't think any team matches Cork for fitness so would expect Mayo to tire for a finish

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'd agree with this barring the manner in which it's achieved - I think Mayo will come out and fire everything at Cork once again without ever really pulling away, Cork will weather the storm and finish stronger.

I don't think any team matches Cork for fitness so would expect Mayo to tire for a finish

I'd be happy with either to tell you the truth - any kind of a win will do realistically.

Poor crowd - 22,000

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alphasully

22,732 at the games today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I like David Bradys genuine passion when he talks. he adds some excitement to it and decent analysis (okay maybe a bit o bias calling Andy Morans as a definite penalty on his behalf), initial contact on foul started outside the box so twould be a 50:50 to give it. Twas a continuous foul that ended up in the box was my view.

I'd be happy with either to tell you the truth - any kind of a win will do realistically.

Poor crowd - 22,000
    The majority left after the main event :pac:

Yet another keeper scoring 45's

PaulieC wrote: »
    The majority left after the main event :pac:

Yeah, I saw those 5 Kerry fans leaving alright;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

come on mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Mayo have started the 2nd half very well.

Lovely score there from Dillon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Fiachra Lynch is a donkey , get nicholas murphy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Eh.. cork need to wake up a bit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tactically Mayo are doing a job on Cork.

What a sloppy kick out!!

Why are all the players slipping??? Was the same in the kerry game??? Was it raining?

So close to goal there for Cork - twice!!

Cork half backs are really going forward now.

• Advertisement

harry21 wrote: »
    Why are all the players slipping??? Was the same in the kerry game??? Was it raining?

Always seem to be the situation with Croke Park. The pitch is watered beyond saturation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Higgins having a great game, really hope Mayo can hang on.

holy......crap

What a miss

What a miss from Gould

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

So close to goal there for Cork - twice!!

Cork half backs are really going forward now.

They would want to cos the forwards are ****;)

Yet another good goal chance for Cork - not taken by Gould!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

BERBA wrote: »
    Fiachra Lynch is a donkey , get nicholas murphy on

And nicholas murphy isn't?

15 mins left. I expect cork to kick on from now..

I think it is time for Cork to produce one of their finer finishes - they need to, 2pts down!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

why???

ciaeim wrote: »
    why???

Its their game!!

ciaeim wrote: »
    why???

You obviously haven't seen much of Cork in recent years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Its their game!!

its an extremley foolish game so if you think that is their tactics

Its their game!!

suppose your right..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

One point scored by Cork this half. 8 minutes left to score (at least) 4 points.

Goal in it now. The All Ireland champions are in big trouble and no doubt Joe Brolly has a wry smile on his face at the moment.

kick of to Heston station :p;)

They can't kick on if they haven't got any tactics. Only way for them is for Mayo effort to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Andy Moran has had some game, class player.

Goal in it now. The All Ireland champions are in big trouble and no doubt Joe Brolly has a wry smile on his face at the moment.

He did say Cork would win this match - thankfully!

Cork 4 down now -and in real danger, didn't see it coming.

You obviously haven't seen much of Cork in recent years.

seen an awfull lot of them actually .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Thought Cork were playing Mayo today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Diagonal ball is killing Cork. Andy Moran is having some game

• Advertisement

This game looks to be over, Mayo 4 points up 6 mins left

Advertisement