Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

EWrestling.com is a rubbish site to believe, the Editor/owner, Ryan Clark, is a pathetic excuse of a worm who makes stories up, or takes stories from other non-ifficially sourced websites. If it appears in Slam, THEN I'll believe it.

That said, Punk has been an absolute GOD this summer, I hope they leave the belt on him for a long, LONG time, maybe to Mania, maybe Backlash/Extreme rules and have him drop the belt to Tyler Reks :D

I boycotted WWE minus PPV's when they took the belt from Christian, I'd stop again if Punk drops to Cena especially after showing he has what it takes to beat Cena 1 on 1, AND he has what it takes to kick out of 2 AA's.

Long live Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena's basically going to be heel at Mania anyway.

so it wouldn't be 2 "face v face" matchups at all if Punk/SCSA happens.

Punk and Austin would be epic, no matter the dynamic.

let the fans choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

flahavaj wrote: »
    It shouldn't have been a Pedigree, it should've been a Pepsi Plunge onto the title belt. Would've been worth it for the internet reaction.:pac:

There was a moment at MITB where I thought he was going to do it...I was on the verge of flipping out!

Edit: Punk that is, trying to ignore any horrible thoughts of the other potential plans for last Monday's Raw

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha the kid in the video predicted what happened on Raw ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Punk is on Bill Simmons latest podcast... Apparently Punk didn't sign until mid Sunday at MITB....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Garseys wrote: »
    Punk is on Bill Simmons latest podcast... Apparently Punk didn't sign until mid Sunday at MITB....:eek:
    It's a great interview, but considering how Punk answers some questions you have to wonder how much is kayfabe and how much is real (Like him not signing until MITB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd say Punk had already re-signed when he gave the promo on Raw saying he was leaving at MITB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TNA are now cashing in on Punk...

In the first of our new “TNA Archives” Superstar Series, next week CM Punk is coming to TNAOnDemand.com - the official online video provider of TNA Wrestling! Watch CM Punk's rare 2003-04 matches from our Nashville "Asylum" Pay-Per-View events, the beginning of TNA Wrestling!

Nearly three hours of matches, never before have these bouts from Punk's early career been rebroadcast in their entirety - UNTIL NOW! Watch as CM Punk battles Abyss, Raven, Terry Funk, Sabu, Shane Douglas and many more! Check back to IMPACTWRESTLING.com on Thursday to watch it, plus details on more upcoming “TNA Archives” Superstar Series specials. (artwork below courtesy of scottblairart.com)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep. I'd imagine the latest he'd've signed was the day of him cutting the killer promo on Raw Roulette. I don't think the host even believed punk.

I really hope monday's raw puts us back on course with another killer performance. Although I've lowered my hopes when punk said the startling words "i'm dodging bullets here"......meaning he's doing the best he can compromising with other forces for the storyline, it's not ideal but he's pushing hard for it to be brilliant. Like it could've and would've been a lot worse if Punk wasn't so steadfast about his character. It's something i love about him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are those matches from the time he was feuding with Raven all over the place but his lacky in TNA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Punk trolled TNA when they tried to sign him:

From PWInsider

In an interesting footnote, TNA made a play for Punk to return during the time period he was being pursued to sign his WWE deal. Punk's demand at the time was that TNA give him an hour on PPV against Samoa Joe (the two had a pair of phenomenal one hour draws in Ring of Honor), which TNA balked at the idea of doing

:D

THAT's why they didn't sign him? Jesus. Would have been the biggest show since Angle/Joe but hey, let's not bother giving the hottest thing in pro-wrestling a match which will make loads of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He probably wouldn't have signed anyway but they should've agreed to it. It could have been huge for them.

Honestly I think Punk made it up for a laugh, he knows better than to deal with TNA. His future is in WWE and having an awful run in TNA would damage his future with WWE.

THAT's why they didn't sign him? Jesus. Would have been the biggest show since Angle/Joe but hey, let's not bother giving the hottest thing in pro-wrestling a match which will make loads of money!
    Pentecost wrote: »
    He probably wouldn't have signed anyway but they should've agreed to it. It could have been huge for them.

I surprised that people didnt overtly get the story.

TNA were only interested in him because WWE were, TNA treated him really badly the first go around and would likely treat him badly again. He told them to **** off giving this as his asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I don't think Punk ever intended to sign for TNA, he played his cards well.

Maria gets the business more than most:
    Why she believes that CM Punk resonates with today's fans and why now is "The Era of Punk": "I think Punk is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, in wrestling right now and for a while now. I love The Rock, and I love 'Stone Cold,' but right now is 'The Era of Punk.' He's incredible. I'm so happy for him to be doing exactly what he enjoys doing, and that's to be honest and to be straight edge. I think it's incredible for him. Punk does not care about the show. He does not care the pyro, and the fanfare, and 'Let me put on a fancy suit and let me look perfect everywhere I go.' What he cares about is wrestling. He cares about the wrestling business. He wants integrity in the wrestling business, and that is why it resonates with the fans. A lot of people care about the fanfare of it all, but they forgot what is wrestling is truly about."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I miss Maria.

Maria always strikes me as being quite smart about the business when I read stuff about her.

• Advertisement

I'd forgotten how hot Maria is, Punk was "making her tap out" at one stage wasn't he?

Maria always strikes me as being quite smart about the business when I read stuff about her.

Love this segment. Maria breaks kayfabe for the first time when it could get any worse for Bischoff.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I'd forgotten how hot Maria is, Punk was "making her tap out" at one stage wasn't he?

Punk has pretty much made all the divas "tap out" at one stage or another. Afaik, he was dating her when he broke onto WWE TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This shoot interview she did was very interesting I thought:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1lqml_Massiera24_maria-youshoot-interview/1

Its in parts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Punk vs scsa would be amazing - as most people have said it could overshadow cena vs rock.....and they already have the promo video ready:

Tinie wrote: »
    This shoot interview she did was very interesting I thought:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1lqml_Massiera24_maria-youshoot-interview/1

Its in parts there.
    She comes across well there, seems a smart, sound girl.

My niece doesn't watch wrestling (she's 16) but my bro does, but he hadn't seen any wrestling in a month. So I put on the main events of every RAW from Punk's promo @ Raw Roulette up until the Money in the Bank main event. So that's well over an hour of wrestling. She stopped whatever she was doing on the comp/ipod to watch CM Punk.

Thought that was pretty awesome. I hope Punk succeeds in his want, "to make wrestling cool again". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Punk Vs Taker at Survivor Series?

Punk Vs Taker at Survivor Series?

Over Punk not getting off his lawn?

• Advertisement

I guess Punk is getting some buddies.
    After seeming The Kings of Wrestling getting written out of PWG storylines. Claudio lost to (a WOMAN :mad:) Sara Del Ray in Chikara today.

Advertisement