Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

are the lilys gonna get there 1st trophy under geezer

They won the league last year and the o byrne cup 2 years ago.

Edit: Too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

take ure beating without throwing in a word that is used in the sexual assault of women and man................................cop onto yourself

what beating?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Good stuff. Performance of Niall Kelly, Paddy Brophy, Daniel Flynn and Johnny Byrne very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

take ure beating without throwing in a word that is used in the sexual assault of women and man................................cop onto yourself
    LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

3rd. Already have an O'Byrne Cup and a NFL Division 2 title.

my bad, good for ye..fair play..and you to mighty!!
    good night for ye, unfortunately im down a good few euros.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

well done to kildare.............................................. Saint Johnny threw a decent box too, nothing said, par for the course

Christ almighty, what a game that was. Tomás O'Connor gets a lot of stick over his lack of scores so it was great to see him winning for us. Daniel Flynn was immense and Niall Kelly, Paddy Brophy looked like they've been playing with Kildare for years. Ollie Lyons did a great job on Bernard Brogan, he never gave him a sniff.

Disgraceful scenes at the end from the Dubs, Dennis Bastick hang your head in shame.

It's only the O'Byrne Cup but it give the team a great boost of confidence ahead of next weekends league opener against reigning AI Champions Donegal.

Now off for a pint or 10. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

well done to kildare.............................................. Saint Johnny threw a decent box too, nothing said, par for the course
    par for the course??? get over urself..Denis Bastic is some ,,,,, the needle jockeys dont like being bet in their own back yard.:pac:

Kildare Scorers: Tomas O'Connor 1-02, John Doyle 0-05, Niall Kelly 0-02, Paddy Brophy 0-03, Emmet Bolton 0-01, Eoghan O'Flaherty 0-01, Hugh McGrillen 0-01, Padraig O'Neill 0-01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Fair play too all the kildare team especially the younger lads played brilliant tonight.
    We are getting better with each match should be a long summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lol at bootybouncer..

Take your beating???

OK THANKS FOR THE BEATING

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As I said couldn't be at game little girl is very sick but well done lads as always you have done us proud.

Great result and well done to tomás delighted ya got that goal BRAVO

Lol at bootybouncer..

Take your beating???

OK THANKS FOR THE BEATING

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Batman would never have such a tone.......................................now the joker perhaps...........................cya in the league and champo

Batman would never have such a tone.......................................now the joker perhaps...........................cya in the league and champo

Look forward to it booty. Kildare Dublin games are end to end a great spectacle.. Good luck to ye in league and championship too :)

Look forward to it booty. Kildare Dublin games are end to end a great spectacle.. Good luck to ye in league and championship too :)

Well said lad..........................enjoy the victory Bat, ye deserved it on the night..................to a prosperous league and champo for both counties

Well said lad..........................enjoy the victory Bat, ye deserved it on the night..................to a prosperous league and champo for both counties

Well said.. Sorry to hear about heffo btw big loss to Dublin gaa.
    Plus ciaran Kilkenny is back for you which is bad news for us lol

One thing I fear is seeing Dublin running at us they really are great movers of the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

O'Neill wide. 30 seconds to go plus injury time.

Dublin getting dirty now, showing their true colours.

Showing their true colours? What's that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

O'Neill wide. 30 seconds to go plus injury time.

Dublin getting dirty now, showing their true colours.

What do you mean by showing their true colours ??

Dubliner28 wrote: »

What do you mean by showing their true colours ??

Typical, no response but instead thanks someone else's post on another thread giving abuse. Showing his true colours I suppose!

Dubs colours are navy and sky blue...

Just checked oneills site although they have a few dodgy looking pink jerseys too...

Anyone think the pink county jerseys are terrible looking btw??

• Advertisement

Dubs colours are navy and sky blue...

Just checked oneills site although they have a few dodgy looking pink jerseys too...

Anyone think the pink county jerseys are terrible looking btw??

Can't say I'm a fan of them no, tacktastic gimmicks is all I see them as!

Anyone think we can beat Donegal next Saturday night in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Anyone think we can beat Donegal next Saturday night in the league?

No we're absolutely fucked so we are.
    Trying reverse psychology this year, cus I've been positive about our chances every year since 2000 and it hasn't exactly gone to plan
    We won't win another thing all season. We're going to get relegated from Div 1. We definitely won't win Leinster and won't get within an asses roar of the (s)Ham Maguire this year.
    Let's hope it feckin' works!!

I think we have a good chance of catching them. It's the perfect time to get them. We have a small bit of momentum now from the O'Byrne Cup and they are coming in cold. I don't think they will be that bothered with the league.

I hope that Flynn, Kelly and Brophy are kept in the team. We need more options and a bit of youth in the team. McGeeney has made some strange decisions with younger players in the last few years like bringing Hurley on and off again in 2011 against Dublin and taking Moolick off very early against Tyrone in last year's league opener. These players showed last night that they could potentially have something to offer this year and deserve another chance.

full_irish wrote: »
    No we're absolutely fucked so we are.
    Trying reverse psychology this year, cus I've been positive about our chances every year since 2000 and it hasn't exactly gone to plan
    We won't win another thing all season. We're going to get relegated from Div 1. We definitely won't win Leinster and won't get within an asses roar of the (s)Ham Maguire this year.
    Let's hope it feckin' works!!

I (h)am feeling positive this year.. :)

Here's hoping we don't make a pigs ear of it again ;) LMAO

I'm here all night lads :D

I think ye will beat donegal well lads, whatever way you butter it up they are still on the drink and in recent matches they have been wowful, great time to catch them

On another note chaps its probably been discussed but I think Jason Ryan is a tremendous addition to your management team, the man is sick to the teeth to loosing to the dubs with wexford and I think hes with a good crew that could at least land leinster this year

I think ye will beat donegal well lads, whatever way you butter it up they are still on the drink and in recent matches they have been wowful, great time to catch them

On another note chaps its probably been discussed but I think Jason Ryan is a tremendous addition to your management team, the man is sick to the teeth to loosing to the dubs with wexford and I think hes with a good crew that could at least land leinster this year

Jesus if we can manage to stay in division 1 I would be ecstatic. So tough though for any of the teams with the quality of teams in division 1.. So much respect for all the teams in it... Should be really great.

I'm nervous excited ****ing bricking it lol

Come on lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

If we do stay in division 1 this year we will be a serious contenders for leinster at least but we will find it very hard to stay in the top flight.
    We are getting better with each game and last Saturday night will stand to us but kildare have to stop coming from behind to try and win the match.
    Its the same old story with kildare when playing the bigger teams always there always behind, supporters always on the edge of there seat about to have a heart attack
    After the match feeling deflated, blaming the ref or blaming some other thing and not accepting that we weren't good enough.
    Cork hammering us last year was the best thing that happened to us it brought us back to reality and told us of bigger things to come in the league.
    Im glad the young guns are getting blooded now and hopefully keep there places because we need them more now than ever.
    Hopefully it be a different team that we saw last year year because last year had to be the worst year that mcgeeny as manager.
    Meath bet us cork made a joke out of us and limerick brought us all the way and were a bit unlucky.
    Im gonna sit on the fence this year and not get carried away just hope there is not another hard luck story at the end of it.
    Up the lilies.

Sean Hurley was impressive for NUIM in the Sigerson today by all accounts.

We have a very good u21 panel on paper but I refuse to get my hopes up after the disappointment of the last few years at that level. If the new management can get things organised we could give the Dubs u21s who are overwhelming favourites for the All Ireland something to think about in Leinster.

• Advertisement

In fairness I don't think Alan Barry had a clue what he was at, he was left in that job way too long. If anyone is going to get the best out of this current crop it will be McGeeney. There is good reason to be confident of at least a Leinster with this team which has lots of players that have played with the seniors (Niall Kelly, Hurley, Cribben, Byrne, Brophy). As usual the Dubs will be hot favorites and rightly so, throw in Ciaran Kilkenny who recently returned from Oz and you have a serious team.

I think we will keep our Div1 status, I can see us beating Donegal on Saturday and if we can pick up 2 more wins we should be safe.

Advertisement