Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I hate to say it but my money is going on laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

As bad as Kildare are at the moment, are we building Laois up a bit too much?

Kildare had the league from hell and yet Laois only finished one point ahead of us. We also looked more than a match for them when we faced off in the league.

If the right changes are made to that line up I think we'll win by a few points. If that team lines out it will be touch and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Will tickets be available at the gate? Might head to it after work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

long time since i looked at Laois as serious opponents no offense to them btw. i do think laois could pull it off today heres hoping we have a show things are improving

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Leading 9 points to 8 at ht. Playing ok forcing a lot of turnovers. Missed a few good chances especially Smith with a great goal opportunity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Good game of football.Looking forward to the replay hopefully it's on TV.

Kildare kicked way too many wides in the first half in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Happy that the boys kept fighting to the end and didn't put their heads down when Laois got in front. Another 2 good goals chances squandered in the second half really need to be taking them all the time to win matches

We could have won it and we could have lost it. We started quite sluggishly kicking some bad wides. Had we kicked a few of them it might have settled the whole team a bit quicker but it set the tone for the game. You would hope that with the game behind them now that they'll be a bit sharper the next day.

We could talk about the management and the guys we're missing until the cows come home but we have to make do with what we have now. The team showed great heart to claw those few points back at the end. Laois will probably feel they should have closed it out although I think we might have kicked on had we finished off any of those clear cut goal chances.

11248076_1638905939674988_6349412327437943644_n.jpg?oh=d101ee0cf9c21c3c1aa6a3b419b1a83e&oe=55E71AA8

Kildare team unchanged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

There will be surely be a change or two before throw in. Hard to see Moolick staying on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

THE 2015 Kildare Senior Hurling League semi-finals will be played next Tuesday evening (16th June) in Donore and Celbridge.
    Éire Óg/Corrachoill will have home advantage against Naas while Celbridge will play host to Confey in Celbridge.
    Both games will throw-in at 7.30pm with David Coady of Ros Glas and Fergus Devereux Jnr of Maynooth as the respective referees.
    ALSO, the Intermediate Hurling League has reached the knock-out stage with both semi-finals being played mid-week.
    Celbridge will play Kill in Celbridge on Wednesday (17th June), throw-in at 7.30pm while table-toppers Naas will play fourth-placed Ardclough in Naas on Thursday (18th July), throw-in also at 7.30pm.
    Declan Peppard of Hollywood, Co Wicklow, will officiate in Naas while Leixlip referee, Conor Daly will have the whistle in Celbridge.

Why is Peppard refereeing in Kildare when he comes from a Wicklow club?

Dreadful referee too!

laois 9 points kildare 8 points ht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

3-17 to 1-10 at the moment in favour of Kildare.

Kildare's footballers defeated Laois 3-18 to 1-11 in this evening's Leinster quarter-final replay in O'Connor Park, Tullamore.
    Laois led 0-9 to 0-8 at the end of a first half in which the sides were level seven times.
    In that first half, Kildare conceded a penalty but Mark Donnellan dived to superbly block Ross Munnelly's penalty kick.
    Kildare kicked 2-3 in the first five minutes of the second half to lead 2-11 to 0-9, the goals coming from Eamon Callaghan and Cathal McNally.
    Laois did manage a goal shortly after but a Eoghan O'Flaherty goal along with some excellent point-taking sealed the outcome.
    In all 10 players scored for the Lilywhites who now advance to play Dublin in the semi-final on June 28th in Croke Park.
    Laois will play Antrim in the first round of the All-Ireland qualifiers in Portlaoise next weekend. :)

Fantastic second half performance from the lads. They absolutely blitzed Laois. O'Neill, McNally, Fogarty and Callaghan were superb. Lyons at the back also stood out. Also, great save from Donnellan for the Munnelly penalty, had that gone in it could have been a much different outcome.

It's always nice to beat the noisy neighbors. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Drawing the first match was the best thing that could have ever happened you in preparation for the dubs.

little bit worse for wear but what a second half display....

CILL DARA ABU

Well done Kildare.

Delighted for the team tonight.

• Advertisement

Interesting to hear Leper on KFM saying that the half time warm up out behind the terrace was a reaction to poor second half performances in the League. It certainly seemed to work yesterday.

<>

Anyway, I'd be hopeful of a decent showing against Dublin. If we can somehow stay with in 5 or 6 points with 20 to go we could give them a rattle. Easier said that done I know, but we have to go in there with a plan and stick to it rigidly. Getting Tommy Moolick and Peter Kelly back to full fitness is imperative within the next two weeks.

Nice crowd in Newbridge today. Good money spinner for the county board.

CHeBrmpWIAAHTtv.jpg

Lads no need for that from either side.

Maybe whoever posted that in the heat of the moment lost the run of themselves remember the last two years for us as kildare fans have been the toughest in years.

I hope the game with our rivals and neighbours lives up to the billing. great rivalry and respect needed from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Lads no need for that from either side.

Maybe whoever posted that in the heat of the moment lost the run of themselves remember the last two years for us as kildare fans have been the toughest in years.

I hope the game with our rivals and neighbours lives up to the billing. great rivalry and respect needed from both sides.
    Well said. Rivalry between supporters is great and part of the game. But for a county board to rub salt in the wounds of a team who have been hammered on the pitch is a bit much. The county board did remove the tweet and have apologised so that's fair enough. Looking forward to a great game as it usually is against Kildare and may the best team win. We need a strong Leinster.

Well said. Rivalry between supporters is great and part of the game. But for a county board to rub salt in the wounds of a team who have been hammered on the pitch is a bit much. The county board did remove the tweet and have apologised so that's fair enough. Looking forward to a great game as it usually is against Kildare and may the best team win. We need a strong Leinster.
    Exactly may the best team win. My fathers family are all dubs and mams all Kildare lol always a fun game. But I have to admit I have a soft spot for Dublin.

Fair play to the Leinster Council for moving the minor semi final to Croke Park before the two senior games. Nice to see some common sense being used the odd time.

SHL semi finals:
    Celbridge 5-22 Confey 0-9
    Naas 1-16 Éire Óg/Corra Choill 0-12

IHL semi finals:
    Kill 0-14 Celbridge 1-8
    Naas v Ardclough (18/6/15, 7.30 in Naas)

IHL semi final:
    Naas 6-13 Ardclough 1-15

IHL final:
    Kill v Naas

SHL final:
    Celbridge v Naas

• Advertisement

Anyone at the Sarsfields v Moorefield match last night? Cards galore!

Advertisement