Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog is being neutered, will I see any difference?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah, I'm delighted he's back on his feet already!
    There was a thread about these recently, but I'll tell you about them here anyway. You can get an inflatable collar instead of using those damn Buster Collars. They allow the dog to act reasonably normally, and tend not to cause them to panic and hit off things. They even use them as a pillow! Equipet do them, and you can get them online. Not cheap but I think well worth the extra comfort. A small one will suit a Parson.
    http://www.petco.com/product/100555/ProCollar-Premium-Inflatable-Protective-Collar.aspx

Boodlesdoodles' vet is right, Buster collars are awful things, and whilst I personally would try taking it off my dog altogether after neutering, the fact that your lad has had a deeper, more painful surgery may make him more likely to root at his scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just an update.

Ozzy's op was a success and he seems happy enough. He was groggy for the first hour but sure enough was walking around with a tennis ball in his mouth afterwards. Me trying to get him not to be jumping around and let himself heal.

He's in his bed now with a nice lamp shade on his head :D

Glad to hear it! :D Did they find the retained testicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Glad to hear it! :D Did they find the retained testicle?

Yep, wasn't too far from where it should have been so didn't take much extra to be done.

SOOO glad I got this neutering done, now mainly because of that retained testicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

I have a parsons cross. He has all the personality that is typical of that breed. He's neutered. He's 13 years old and still completely bonkers and eating shoes and all that stuff....being neutered didn't change him a bit and he's definitely better for it now because of the health risks that go with his age.

Advertisement