Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ANYTHING with phone credit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah but the problem is the call you make is deducted from the most recent top-up, the one you bought 6 months ago doesnt get touched and they expire it if you get me.

Ah ok, yeah, thats a bit dud.

Just topped up my league for the sake of it, and next month Ill pay for gMusic all access(Carrier billing works for that).
    League:
    €35 6450 184.29
    €30 2660 88.67
    2.09x better to use a CC

WoT:
    €4.25 1000 235.29
    €5 780 156
    1.51x better to use a CC

Boku must be making a FORTUNE on that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Three allow...

Xbox Live (buygamecredit.com)
    Google Play Store
    ParkbyText
    Adverts.ie
    DoneDeal (2bill.ie)

More to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I am on vodafone payg and top up by €20 each month so i get 250mb data as well as free texts and calls to vadafone numbers which is mainly where most of my calls and texts go.
    I build up loads of credit so what I do is move €20 every month or so to my daughters vodafone payg number through iou buddy.
    She just makes sure that she buys credit every 6 months to keep sim active

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I was telling a friend about being able to buy apps using Three credit. He found he was able to buy apps using the same method on the 02 network. Thought this might be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont suppose anyone has found anything to spend Three credit on since? Ive built up to €100 credit again and Three will cancel €20 of that in January if I dont find some way to spend it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Evilbart

Dont suppose anyone has found anything to spend Three credit on since? Ive built up to €100 credit again and Three will cancel €20 of that in January if I dont find some way to spend it...

You could buy Xbox credit and xbox live codes from buygamecredit.com and sell them on eBay that's what I have been doing.

This could be the solution, what sort of returns are you getting? As in whats the best way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

Anyone found anything worth noting to spend credit on in the past year? It would be so cool to be able to get Amazon credit with it, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Evilbart

You can buy PlayStation or Xbox credit from HMV online, I do this to purchase games all the time from the PlayStation store as I had €150 credit backed up, it will only allow you to purchase €50 of credit per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

How do you use your credit with parkbytext? Can't see any option of paying with credit?

• Advertisement

Evilbart wrote: »
    You can buy PlayStation or Xbox credit from HMV online, I do this to purchase games all the time from the PlayStation store as I had €150 credit backed up, it will only allow you to purchase €50 of credit per month
    Steam cards or any of the other giftcards you see hanging in stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Any updates on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can still buy ps4 and Xbox credit.

Somebody said you could use it on G2A. Havent checked but if thats true you can fill your steam library with even more games you wont have time to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

ED E wrote: »
    Somebody said you could use it on G2A. Havent checked but if thats true you can fill your steam library with even more games you wont have time to play!

Ye you definitely can. I recently bought Age of Empires 2 HD edition using phone credit.

I just discovered that I could of bought my Chromecast with phone credit.

ED E wrote: »

This looks like the solution then, any more details? Looks like an ordinary checkout to me, no mention of phone credit...

If you ensured that you made one chargeable call per month, I assume they mean outside of your free call allowance, how much credit could you build up ?

In theory there are phones & tablets in the Play Store :pac:

Ye you definitely can. I recently bought Age of Empires 2 HD edition using phone credit.
    How? None of this works on any game I try:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

How? None of this works on any game I try:

It seems like it will only work for certain games. You'll see the pay by phone option on the right side of the screen once you click on a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Discodog wrote:
    I just discovered that I could of bought my Chromecast with phone credit.

Been looking to get a chromecast with credit but I keep getting asked for card details. I've my phone credit linked to the playstore. Any ideas how I can get the chromecast with my phone credit?

martin101 wrote: »
    Been looking to get a chromecast with credit but I keep getting asked for card details. I've my phone credit linked to the playstore. Any ideas how I can get the chromecast with my phone credit?

I thought that you could but I now don't think that it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Yeah was trying to do it yesterday and couldn't find a way around it. I've €50 credit and don't know what to do with it. I'll keep looking though .

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

I've been in the same boat, having credit left on my phone after 30 days of free data and three call. Pretty much all the credit gets used up on data if i forget to top-up again. I've bought Hearthstone pack on my phone but would love to find a way to buy steam credit. buygamecredit.com seems pretty useful but only offers xbox and PSN credit. I was just on G2A to try and buy a steam gift card, a €5 card would have cost €20 in credit, WAY too much.

Man do they rip you off. Even riot give better rates.

MYMApGK.png

Where are you even seeing that option on G2A Ed E?

Go into your account and chose to buy coins. One of the payment methods is mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

Hi all,
    Just wanted to add another place where you can spend your credit. MechWarrior Online has a pay by phone option.
    Now i've had mixed results, my phone is with three but i'm a 087 number, was Vodafone years ago, and i seem to be able to spend up to €30. Bought an ingame item for €12.
    Now a friend tried with his 083 number and was told that the carrier was not valid, quite strange.
    It seems Boku are handling the payment and i had very little extra charges added on. Not sure why an 083 number will not work as three have on their site that you can use Boku payments up to €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

This just launched by someone in my friend's friend list on facebook. https://mobiletouchcart.com/shop/
    You can shop online using phone credit. They only accept three,o2 and vodafone and same as above only 30e spend per day.
    No idea why they don't accept meteor :/
    Just bought a cool charger with some left over credit, so will see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You'd be mad to give your phone details to a WordPress site.

All looks like cheap Chinese tat.

Advertisement