Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for good classic Porsche mechanic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

i still didnt buy the car folks..the guy said he never did an NCT for the car and that it needs some work done on the doors seal with the bottom of the car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

mrdmb wrote: »
    i still didnt buy the car folks..the guy said he never did an NCT for the car and that it needs some work done on the doors seal with the bottom of the car...

Good desicion lad.. ! That tells me the sills are shot ..! They all rot there and the trailing edge of the front wings.. How many times have we heard "Its galvanised so no rot" This is total codswollop.. I recently had the pleasure of looking at a 91 S2 .. The sills and wings were like cream crackers...

Next one you look at take off the plastic grill on the trailing edge of the door frame and check the sills... I have an extenable mirror and use the camera flash to get a look at the full sill.... Inner front arches on the trailing side are structural as well.. ! A sure sign is the accelerator pedal on a RHD.. It will jam if the car is jacked in the wrong place.... You will find the floor behind the pedal has a lump on it..... Dosent affect LHD's.. A good bargaining point.. Inner chassis legs under the bonnet will show any form of scenery contact... ;)

You have to budget at least €1100 to €1500 per year on maintenance with a 944 to keep it right. I try and do 1 big job every year.. I got my belts done this year .. Next year it will be wishbones at €200 each and get the calipers refurbished.. But once I drive mine I just forget what I spent in 2 miles !

Dont expect to just put fuel in and drive it... After buying a 944 you are talking at least €1700 to leave it right.Sad but true..A lot of 944's come from the UK and are right heaps sold by unscrupulous owners to Paddy who is hoping to get a quick turn of profit... ! I like a good original car that has not been messed with.... Once I see different wheels or mirrors or tacky stuff it puts me right off... !

Advertisement