Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Homebrew?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

revz wrote: »
    Anyone been to Clearwater recently and seen any homebrew kits?
    Was hoping to start a new brew this weekend so would pick one up tomorrow if they still have it.

I rang their helpline, @4p.m. a guy had me on the phone for 4-5 minutes, was trying to ring various extensions in Clearwater and find out for me. Told me to ring back after 6 as it would be less busy.
    Rang again and this time a different guy just searched on a computer and said no.
    Not too sure if I should take his word for it as it was very different to the first call!

They had good range 1 week ago,when i was in store

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Anyone know if they have the beer kit in carlow or waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

dont think they have anything in Carlow, was there recently and nothing brewish available.

Naas extra had a full compliment last week, including ox bottles,

I find if in Naas if you are looking for something in Naas extra and it is not on the normal shelf, it may be high up out of reach and maybe on another Isle but between the toys and the tvs.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

rameire wrote: »
    dont think they have anything in Carlow, was there recently and nothing brewish available.

Naas extra had a full compliment last week, including ox bottles,

I find if in Naas if you are looking for something in Naas extra and it is not on the normal shelf, it may be high up out of reach and maybe on another Isle but between the toys and the tvs.

Ok thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guzluka

Does anyone know if Clarehall tesco still stock homebrew equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

the wife was there last weekend, and all they had were bottles and full kits.
    nothing else was on the shelf.

I was in Tesco Extra Naas on tuesday and they have everything you could need.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

That new shop, The Mottly Brew might be handy and is near enough to Clarehall.

106 Lagan Rd, Glasnevin Dublin 11

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

That new shop, The Mottly Brew might be handy and is near enough to Clarehall.

106 Lagan Rd, Glasnevin Dublin 11

Have you been in it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have you been in it yet?

I wasn't in the shop today but I was down the road at the local market where he had setup for the day.

He has a lot various Coopers kits, some Brewferm kits, Muntons kits and the Bulldog premium kits, some wine kits, demijohns, bungs, fermenters etc

Very reasonably priced too, good price on the Bulldog Evil Dog IPA kit. Less than €30 euro which is a good price for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

In Clearwater today... I picked up some Youngs yeast and Sterilliser, they still have bottles, some Coopers kits, fermenters, and various bits and bobs. Smaller selection than the last time I was there about 6 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 vinceyahern

Tesco Wilton in Cork have a Coppers home brew beer mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tesco Wilton in Cork have a Coppers home brew beer mix.

Your auto spell has given away your favourite drinking hole in dublin:pac::pac:

Tis coopers..

Do they have anything else (Bottles, demi johns?)

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Your auto spell has given away your favourite drinking hole in dublin:pac::pac:

Tis coopers..

Do they have anything else (Bottles, demi johns?)

Cheers. Spell check is a curse.

Didn't spot anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Which coopers dud they have in wilting. Could do with lashing on stout. Also did you see what price was.

Which coopers dud they have in wilting. Could do with lashing on stout. Also did you see what price was.

Coppers Mexican beer. €20

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

You can get the Mexican Cerveza kit for €14.95 on homebrewwest, €14.55 on homebrew.ie or £10.57 from geterbrewed... I know being able to walk into Tesco and pick up a can can be convenient if you are in a bind - but an extra fiver per can??

Keedowah wrote: »
    You can get the Mexican Cerveza kit for €14.95 on homebrewwest, €14.55 on homebrew.ie or £10.57 from geterbrewed... I know being able to walk into Tesco and pick up a can can be convenient if you are in a bind - but an extra fiver per can??

Very true. But very handy if n needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

That's a bit saucy . Geterbrewed had 10 % off and another 5% with national homebrew club discount made it just over 12 euro. Shipping was 4.38 got 2 coopers kits and some hops delivered for 33

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

The healthfood store upstairs in Paul St. Shopping Centre in town also does a fair variety of the Coopers kits (though at similarly gougey prices (But it is a healthfood store so yes...there shall be gouging!). Think it is €19.50 for Coopers cans and something silly like €30 for St. Peters 2-can kits. Pretty sure they are the only two lines they stock.

I buy all my stuff online, but damn glad to have it there in a pinch like when I forget to buy some DME for a planned brew or *someone* smashes my testing flask accidentally. :D

Advertisement