Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Teamspeak 3 Server: Now ye're chattin'

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Server has been close to capacity in recent weeks, servers getting upgraded to 75 slots this week to facilitate this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Getting constant connections from Gametracker, and its incredibly annoying.

IP's are:
    108.61.78.147 & 208.167.225.13

One IP originating near Wichita, and the other near New York.

I have posted on their forums:
    https://www.gametracker.com/games/ts3/forum.php?thread=69246

So hopefully they remove it. Apparently 'claiming ownership' of your own server involves renaming it to Gametracker to verify you have control - which I was NOT going to do.

If they refuse to remove it from the list, is there anything we can do?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

AFAIK you have to claim ownership and then 'manage' the server by removing it.

It's incredibly retarded and a nuisance.

AFAIK you have to claim ownership and then 'manage' the server by removing it.

It's incredibly retarded and a nuisance.

Do you fancy renaming the server to claim it? I don't have the Admin software in work (nor have I ever connected to the admin controls for boards.ie TS - no reason to).

These connections are driving me insane.

Here is the Boards.ie TS3 server listing
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/server.php?GSID=825443

Do you fancy renaming the server to claim it? I don't have the Admin software in work (nor have I ever connected to the admin controls for boards.ie TS - no reason to).

These connections are driving me insane.

Here is the Boards.ie TS3 server listing
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/server.php?GSID=825443

Yeah I'll do it now and get rid of the crafty bastards

EDIT: Should be done now. Gone :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll do it now and get rid of the crafty bastards

They really are effing annoying.

**update

It appears to have stopped.

TY Cherry.

I've had to shut this down due to unforseen circumstances. Sorry lads. :( Will be shut down in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

But...but cherry!!! I have so many interesting things to be talking about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you need donations you can ask I guess, I'd have no problem sending a few quid to support a server. Not that I'm on the boards one much, but for the communitys sake

Set up a kickstarter page ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I've had to shut this down due to unforseen circumstances. Sorry lads. :( Will be shut down in a few weeks.
    Can help you if needed

Buuuump! Teamspeak server is back up. Now with 100 slots. We had issues with the server being full previously, shouldn't be a problem now :)

How to connect:

- Grab the download for the OS of your choice here.
    - Once installed, got to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, add bookmark
    - Under label type anything(the description for the server), under address type eurots1.gameservers.com:9107. Type your nickname in there too.

You're done, you can connect to the channel. All that's left to do is set up your microphone.

Boards.ie users can request their own channel! just PM myself and I'll get a permanent channel set up for you. I will also make you admin of the channel should you wish to alter sub-channel settings etc.

Details have been put back in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I hope noone is funding it out of their own pocket. If donations to the cost are needed please say so or link on the bottom of the TS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Nokia08

Is this gone? i tried connecting but the server has a password

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

All the channels seem to be locked with permissions, cant get past the lobby

The server has been moved to a permanent home on the same box as the boards.ie 3 Minecraft servers.

ts3server://188.165.244.23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Teamspeak noob here.How do I get on the server with above address?

I presume you have teamspeak downloaded?
    Just go to connect/connections, that should open a window, input the server address above and pick a username, leave the password field blank

laura-can wrote: »
    I presume you have teamspeak downloaded?
    Just go to connect/connections, that should open a window, input the server address above and pick a username, leave the password field blank

Yeah I've been trying that but keep getting error when I put in ts3server://188.165.244.23.

Personally I just put in 188.165.244.23

• Advertisement

Personally I just put in 188.165.244.23
    Been tryin that too but keep getting error failed to connect.

ah...it's down :P
    but that should work...when it's actually up :D

ah...it's down :P
    but that should work...when it's actually up :D

Cheers for that.Couldn't figure out what I could be possibly doing wrong as could jump into other servers.At least now i know its down I can stop pissing around with my settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Whats the password?
    It says I need one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

is the server down?

The IP changed! Don't have it offhand as I'm at work but I'll post it later.

Advertisement