Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EventElephant

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Anybody heard anything lately?I understand that the Liquidator has 'disposed of' the EE site.

Yes- it was sold to a (very reputable) company. The software that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

zacmorris wrote: »
    Yes- it was sold to a (very reputable) company. The software that is...

Any idea who?Site has disappeared (I need access to it).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any idea who?Site has disappeared (I need access to it).

I would imagine that anything you cam access in the site as it stands will have no connection to any issues you have with ee.

Oryx wrote: »
    I would imagine that anything you cam access in the site as it stands will have no connection to any issues you have with ee.

Issues with ee are a separate matter.I utilise the site to send out email updates to circa 180 participants in a fantasy football comp I run.All the email addresses are stored on the ee site.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Issues with ee are a separate matter.I utilise the site to send out email updates to circa 180 participants in a fantasy football comp I run.All the email addresses are stored on the ee site.:(

Work on the basis that the database no longer exists, I am afraid that is the likely reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Got a letter in from the Solicitors Hughes Blake this morning regarding the liquidation.

I was lucky and got my money from EE two years ago.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Got a letter in from the Solicitors Hughes Blake this morning regarding the liquidation.

I was lucky and got my money from EE two years ago.

Didn't get anything from them yet...what did the letter say zoobizoo?

Advising that there'd be a meeting in the Pearse Hotel, Pearse St D2 at 10 am on Feb 19 to set out the findings of the investigation in to the affairs of EE.

Just asked to say if I was going to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Is this meeting going ahead as planned? Is it by invitation only or can anyone attend?

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Advising that there'd be a meeting in the Pearse Hotel, Pearse St D2 at 10 am on Feb 19 to set out the findings of the investigation in to the affairs of EE.

Just asked to say if I was going to attend.

• Advertisement

these meeting are normally only open to creditors or those who hold proxies for creditors.

I'm owed over €3000 but didn't get an invite.

I'm owed over €3000 but didn't get an invite.

ask for one but you are entitled top attend without one!

ask for one but you are entitled top attend without one!

Thanks Peterdalkey...too late in the day to make arrangements (getting leave from work!) to get to it.

Thanks Peterdalkey...too late in the day to make arrangements (getting leave from work!) to get to it.

request the liquidator to send you on the meeting report!!

request the liquidator to send you on the meeting report!!

I managed to pop down at break time.Meeting was over but I spoke to liquidaor.Money due to event organisers was over a 3 year period being diverted to AB's personal account.Circa €1.5m involved and unliklely ever to be recovered.Money isn't even there to pay the liquidator.Revenue have launched criminal proceedings and liquidator proposes to do likewise.Actual chargebacks amounted to €45,000!!

Good job!! Outcome pretty much as all had feared, Complete rogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

I managed to pop down at break time.Meeting was over but I spoke to liquidaor.Money due to event organisers was over a 3 year period being diverted to AB's personal account.Circa €1.5m involved and unliklely ever to be recovered.Money isn't even there to pay the liquidator.Revenue have launched criminal proceedings and liquidator proposes to do likewise.Actual chargebacks amounted to €45,000!!

Wonder what he was doing with the money. I wonder if he had personal problems (gambling or otherwise) that caused him to start stealing this money. Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Heard that the Fraud Squad are on this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emerg

Cannot post links, as I'm a new user, but it's worth checking the Irish Times/ Examiner websites this morning in relation to Event Elephant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Emerg wrote: »
    Cannot post links, as I'm a new user, but it's worth checking the Irish Times/ Examiner websites this morning in relation to Event Elephant.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/companies/director-disqualified-after-taking-1m-from-firm-s-paypal-account-1.2737837

So glad I got my cash from them before they went belly up..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

IrishTimes wrote:
    In view of the undisputed wrongful actions of Barrett, he should be disqualified, the judge said. As there was no evidence of aggravating circumstances which could affect the public in the future, he imposed the minimum disqualification of five years.

Are there further charges or cases pending? Doesn't seem very harsh for "siphoning off" (should that not read "stealing"?) the money of charities and small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zeus2017

See today that Barrett got sent down for two and a half years for tax offences

There are two certainties in life . . . . . .

Whilst questionable if he got the one that befitted him, credit to Revenue for bringing him to task in some manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Zeus2017 wrote: »
    See today that Barrett got sent down for two and a half years for tax offences

There are two certainties in life . . . . . .

Whilst questionable if he got the one that befitted him, credit to Revenue for bringing him to task in some manner.

Wasn't really aware of this story. Have just finished reading the thread! WOW.

It's pretty amazing how in this day and age that there isn't a photo of him to be found on the web... friends in high places?

Advertisement