Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Its a joke that the two best singers were pitted against each other at this stage. Could they not have had a draw out of a hat to select the duos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

There should be 2 more nights of this left. I think they each had 12 contestants.

So each judge had 3 duets today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mumha wrote: »
    Its a joke that the two best singers were pitted against each other at this stage. Could they not have had a draw out of a hat to select the duos ?

It should have been good against bad rather then good against good and bad against bad.

The format really isn't very fair, I am surprised at its success.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

eternal wrote: »
    Id pay to see them, magnificent.

Do what
    Dont be an asshole all your life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Any chance they'll each have a 'wildcard' to bring someone back before the live shows? One or 2 of the decisions were a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

flutegirl wrote: »

Any chance they'll each have a 'wildcard' to bring someone back before the live shows? One or 2 of the decisions were a bit odd.

Public outcry perhaps might do it. Its just plain stupid otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

an absolutely stunning rendition of "time to say goodbye"
    both were outstanding. incredible talent.
    such a shame one will be kicked out.
    think these two have enough talent to perform together on a bigger stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Who is the black girl helping out Cian Egan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Link to Vanessa and Dan's Performance, neither of them should have gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Skid wrote: »

brilliant performance by both these contestants, have to say the hair was standing on the back of my neck during that.
    they should go on and set up a double act when this show is over i thought they were amazing together its not a genre that
    id normally be a huge fan of but id definately buy a ticket to see those two perform together

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Who is the black girl helping out Cian Egan?

Priscilla Samuels she is a choreographer I never heard of her until last night's show

• Registered Users Posts: 11 little.midget

brilliant performance by both these contestants, have to say the hair was standing on the back of my neck during that.
    they should go on and set up a double act when this show is over i thought they were amazing together its not a genre that
    id normally be a huge fan of but id definately buy a ticket to see those two perform together

This duet was unbelievable - wow!!it is such a pity that dan had to go - he seems like such a genuinely nice and modest person!! I am really enjoying this show - I will admit I had my doubts about it - wondering what kinda lame has been judges rte would choose but to be fair the team of judges seems to be working well!!
    A wildcard would be great though - BRING BACK DAN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 little.midget

Tusky wrote: »
    Did all of the contestants sing tonight or was that only half of them ?

There should be 2 more nights of this left. I think they each had 12 contestants.
    Yeah two more nights cause last night they went through 8 pairs, or 16 contestants in total. So another 16 next Sunday and the following one will make 48 - and that means there will be 24 singers left, or 6 per judge!!
    Anyone any ideas how the live shows work? Like do they pick one or two from each judge to sing every weekend or something? And then put one or two of those through to a semi final or something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The "battle" system of eliminating people is very unfair...

1. The key of the song is usually gonna favour one of the two people, especially when they are putting male vs female...

2. They put Alan Fitzsimons up against the opera singer, and forced her to sing a pop song.. very unfair, especially given the two opera singers were allowed to sing something more suitable..

3. For some songs there is not an even split with the vocals.. For Moves Like Jagger, the guy was singing the lead vocal on verse and chorus... The girl was singing backing and she sang the sort of middle eighth (that Aguilera does) after the second verse... But the guy part is obviously gonna be more noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Have to say that I thought your man Rory was better. Gavin was really good, but Rorys voice stands out. I reckon he'd have a lot more to offer over the length of the show.
    Way better than x factor (havent watched that in years)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

The "battle" system of eliminating people is very unfair...

1. The key of the song is usually gonna favour one of the two people, especially when they are putting male vs female...

2. They put Alan Fitzsimons up against the opera singer, and forced her to sing a pop song.. very unfair, especially given the two opera singers were allowed to sing something more suitable..

3. For some songs there is not an even split with the vocals.. For Moves Like Jagger, the guy was singing the lead vocal on verse and chorus... The girl was singing backing and she sang the sort of middle eighth (that Aguilera does) after the second verse... But the guy part is obviously gonna be more noticeable.

thought that blonde girl was streets better in the moves like jagger song, like the vocal coach said she is better vocally than some signed artists

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hi all, My daughter is on the the voice this sunday...

Kate Gilmore team bressie...all support appreciated.

proud Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

not yet wrote: »
    proud Dad.

Is that you with the blazer? :cool:

Is that you with the blazer? :cool:[/QUO

Thats me alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

proud Dad.

Did she get through?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stig681

Does anyone know anything about applying for the next series. Dates etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Did she get through?

Not Yet :pac:

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Did she get through?
    Couldn't possibly tell you that, but I can say it's one of the best battles of the show........

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Not Yet :pac:
    Nice link...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Couldn't possibly tell you that, but I can say it's one of the best battles of the show........

Who is she battling against?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is she battling against?
    Voldemort, but ironically he's been accused of having a nasal tone in his voice

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I love the concept of the Voice and its a welcome relief from the dreadful All Ireland Talent Show garbage.

However the live shows will bring out the gombeen voting campaigns whereby contestants from outside Dublin will do better...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Good Evening, everybody :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Good Evening, everybody :)
    It was all filmed at the one time, all the saame clothes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement