Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sebroc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQLP56HEM0

I hope that works for you :) Also there is a podcast of the full interview (minus the songs) on the RTE website!

I agree that the format is very unfair & I agree that Brendan is doing well to get a second bite of the cherry! Personally I'm not a fan of his voice but hey each to their own!

Alan is also doing well to be getting a second chance but none of his performances have been outstanding, his song choices have been terrible and Sunday night was his weakest performance so far!

Having said that some great singers have emerged like Conor, Sharon and Vanessa so it's good to see them getting a bigger platform!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sebroc wrote: »
    I agree that the format is very unfair & I agree that Brendan is doing well to get a second bite of the cherry! Personally I'm not a fan of his voice but hey each to their own!

Everybody Hurts was a bit of an ironic song.

Elmo wrote: »
    Everybody Hurts was a bit of an ironic song.

Somehow I imagine the irony was lost on most people :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    Final Four are announced based on a mix of public vote and voting of coaches. Both carried equal weight of 100 points for a total of 200 points. The coaches delivered their points in closed envelopes at the end of the live semi-final round. After counting of the public votes and adding the coaches', the Final 4 are announced.

Cheers for the explanation, Elmo. Looking at the US version, a Coach could in theory, give 100% of his votes to one Act and 0% to the other (I think). Brian could put Alan in the final if he really wanted.

It really does seem unfair that the Judges still have a say, and complicated voting format only makes it worse.

I will stick with it until the end, but I doubt if I will watch the next series of The Voice. The Show is too long and too convoluted. When the singers only sing once each fortnight It is hard to be enthusiastic - there is a lack of momentum

At least the US and UK versions have more strength in depth. In my opinion, there are only maybe three singers on The Voice of Ireland who have made an impact. And the old Irish problem of parochial voting does not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I understand that Brendan isn't happy but watching the youtube clip of the interview on RTE yesterday he behaved like a spoilt child who didn't get his way, it was an appalling way for a man of his age to act! Kevin, on the other hand, was very gracious in defeat & that was Sharon's second time to save Kim!

Brian made no secret of the fact that Brendan isn't happy and even said they'd had a fight in the corridor before going on air :eek:

I think on Sunday night the person with the lowest votes alone should have went home & the judges should've played no part in it! I presume that's how it's going to be done this week.....?

Well I'd be pissed off too in fairness. If I had gotten through every week and then landed in the bottom two with someone in the bottom two for the third time....

It's the voice of Ireland and the people of Ireland (or at least the people watching the voice) obviously prefer Brendan Keeley. I think Brian let his personal feelings make the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQLP56HEM0

I hope that works for you :) Also there is a podcast of the full interview (minus the songs) on the RTE website!

Alan is also doing well to be getting a second chance but none of his performances have been outstanding, his song choices have been terrible and Sunday night was his weakest performance so far!

Having said that some great singers have emerged like Conor, Sharon and Vanessa so it's good to see them getting a bigger platform!
    The guy that sang at the start if that clip with Bressie is fantastic. I would buy an album of that voice in the morning. Surely he has to be the winner?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Skid wrote: »
    The Show is too long and too convoluted. When the singers only sing once each fortnight It is hard to be enthusiastic - there is a lack of momentum

At least the US and UK versions have more strength in depth. In my opinion, there are only maybe three singers on The Voice of Ireland who have made an impact. And the old Irish problem of parochial voting does not help.

Couldn't agree more Skid....I missed a couple of shows and when I looked at them couldn't remember some the singers at all....I think the show has not and will not produce "The Voice" of Ireland....The standard is just not good enough imo....There has to be better out there....I applaud anyone brave enough to enter but the fact the judges have a say after the voting is over is a bit daft....either you're voted last or you're not.....the least votes and you're out....no nonsense of "Ah, you're great but I'm picking the other one"...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Skid wrote: »
    Cheers for the explanation, Elmo. Looking at the US version, a Coach could in theory, give 100% of his votes to one Act and 0% to the other (I think). Brian could put Alan in the final if he really wanted.

It really does seem unfair that the Judges still have a say, and complicated voting format only makes it worse.

I will stick with it until the end, but I doubt if I will watch the next series of The Voice. The Show is too long and too convoluted. When the singers only sing once each fortnight It is hard to be enthusiastic - there is a lack of momentum

Yep Pat, Conor and Richie

lizt wrote: »
    Well I'd be pissed off too in fairness. If I had gotten through every week and then landed in the bottom two with someone in the bottom two for the third time....

It's the voice of Ireland and the people of Ireland (or at least the people watching the voice) obviously prefer Brendan Keeley. I think Brian let his personal feelings make the choice.

I completely understand why Brendan is pissed off & rightly so but my issue is the way he's handling it!

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Brian's final 3 acts (which includes Brendan) are going on tour with him so they'll need to resolve it or it'll make for some uncomfortable bus journeys ;)

With regard to the public preferring him that may be the case or he may just have a huge campaign behind him! These things have a tendency to turn into a popularity contest but the bigger issue, for me, is that at this stage of the competition the voting should be left to the public alone!

One last thing X-Factor always release the voting results after someone has won, I wonder if RTE/Shinawil will do the same.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

The Voice of Ireland looks very amateur compared to the UK Voice. I know the UK has more talent to chose from but apart from that the stage looks like an actual boxing ring and the contestants in the duels really give it socks towards each other. Camera work better aswell and two presenters better than one.

So to summarise. The Voice of Irelande = Stone Age. The UK Voice = 21st century.

• Advertisement

Tullamore musician Brendan Keeley plans to re-release some of his old hits and work on a new album in the wake of being kicked off "The Voice of Ireland". "The Voice" team leader Brian Kennedy chose to eliminate Brendan on last Sunday's show, saving instead Alan Fitzsimons from Swords in Dublin. Brendan admitted to feeling "absolutely robbed" by the decision. The controversial decision led to an invite from the Ryan Tubridy show on 2FM on Monday morning, where Brendan got to face his former team leader over the decision.

Speaking to the Offaly Independent this week Brendan said he still feels the same about the decision that saw his run on the show end at the hands of his mentor. "I was absolutely robbed," he said. "The whole country feels the same thing. It was a wrong decision. Alan had been living in the bottom two. I had never been there." Speaking on 2FM Brendan told Mr Kennedy he believes the decision "brings his credibility into question". Brendan told the Offaly Independent he would have walked away happy if he had gone down against Richie Hayes, but the reality was he "didn't go out to a better act". "It's not bitterness," he added. "I'm just gutted with the way it was done."

Brendan immediately contacted "The Voice" organisers after his elimination from the show, looking to be released from the contract he signed upon entering it that included record deals, publishing, management, touring and merchandise in order to "move fast" with plans to re-launch his own career in the wake of the exposure the show brought.

Speaking on Thursday he said he had been told he was to be released from the contract and was just waiting on legal confirmation. He said personal plans now include re-releasing former hits along with working on material for a new album. He added that while show organisers haven't decided whether or not a "The Voice" tour will take place yet, he will be part of that if it does happen.

interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Voice of Ireland looks very amateur compared to the UK Voice. I know the UK has more talent to chose from but apart from that the stage looks like an actual boxing ring and the contestants in the duels really give it socks towards each other. Camera work better aswell and two presenters better than one.

So to summarise. The Voice of Irelande = Stone Age. The UK Voice = 21st century.

It is all down to money. In terms of Set etc, camera work not so much. They have only 1 presenter for the battle rounds, the live rounds brought in the backstage stuff.

It's to be expected though. The UK version must have a much larger budget, the viewers they get each week is equal to Ireland's population times two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

Such a shame to see either Pat or Conor got home, both of the them could easily win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Such a shame to see either Pat or Conor got home, both of the them could easily win!

Whichever of the two doesn't get sent home, will win. I imagine they both appeal to the same voting bracket, so once the other goes, it'll be a clean run home.

I'd rather Conor to win it, though I like Pat. Conor's transformation has been brilliant. It's a pity he didn't audition for a bigger stage than the Voice of Ireland.

I watched the battle rounds of the Voice UK and there was no comparison between their and our best. :o Which is funny, when you consider what a step-up the Voice of Ireland had been in comparison to the likes of You're a Star or the All Ireland Talent Show. Shows how dire the latter two really were.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I agree- this is why this programme is so annoying- some of the weaker singers will end up in Final,but the big dilemma is with Bressie's two.

Think I'd pick Pat actually,as he plays as well as sings.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Vanessa is beautiful...

they could be sisters...

Sharon is so tiny!

Don't like Kathryn's dress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vanessa is a really classy lady and she has a beautiful voice. She reminds me a little of the opera singer, Regina Nathan.

Wow. Great performance...

She butchered a classic song

Wow the staging of this is gorgeous!! Vanessa sounds fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

she is pretty good but I don't know - don't think this song is an opera type song

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Vanessa is beautiful...

" It's not a beauty contest(.....it's not a height contest....)it's a song contest!"

^^^^(said in a Brian Kennedy voice)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Wow the staging of this is gorgeous!! Vanessa sounds fantastic!!!
    Sharon looks well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

Bad singer, bad song, nice dress

• Advertisement

Backing singers shouldn't be allowed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement