Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash4phones.ie

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Cash4phones.ie Their website has been down for several days and phone lines are always busy. I sent them my old mobile about a month ago and they still havent paid me for it. What should I do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The company behind cash4phones.ie is C4P Trading Limited. They are an English company - so maybe a search on the English companies registry office might throw up some contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wexford fan

I've the exact same issue, I'm thinking they've done a runner with my phone.
    I was thinking, could I contact vodafone & report it stolen, can they block phone from being used by anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've the exact same issue, I'm thinking they've done a runner with my phone.
    I was thinking, could I contact vodafone & report it stolen, can they block phone from being used by anyone else?

Did you send the phone with an active Sim?? Surely not! Anyway, it wasn't stolen, you gave it away.

I just give my old ones to charities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pdoyle25

Having the same issue all week, website seems to have dissapeared.

I got a bit fed up just now and rang 5 times in a row and I finally got a girl in the UK. Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wexford fan

Well Srameen,
    I think if someone agrees to buy something and doesn't pay for it, it's theft to me. thanks for the useful information about you giving your old phones to charity. Good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think if someone agrees to buy something and doesn't pay for it, it's theft to me.

If it was intentional, it would be fraud, but it is not theft. If the company has gone bust, then there'll be nothing you can do. All outstanding payments will be handled by a liquidator, if one is even appointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

The website is back up now

Update: I received a cheque from them this morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Received a cheque from them today but a horrible experience.

Sent my phone away at the end of March. In the middle of May, they replied to say they had received my phone, but as it had been so long since I had received the original quote, the amount offered was now significantly less.
    I reluctantly accepted, and another couple of weeks later they emailed to say they had confirmed the payment and the cheque 'should be with you shortly, please allow 5 days'.
    Six weeks later the cheque arrived. For significantly less than originally agreed and nearly 4 months after I sent them my phone.

If it was one step of the process that was delayed it may have been a simple error. But I waited weeks to hear that they had received my phone. Then weeks to confirm that they would be paying me. Then weeks to say the cheque had been sent. Then weeks to receive the cheque.

There are plenty of websites offering the same service. I'll be happily going elsewhere next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so you sent your phone to a relatively unknown website, assuming they were going to send you money back? you got lucky this time, but still

<insert random facepalm>

so you sent your phone to a relatively unknown website, assuming they were going to send you money back? you got lucky this time, but still

<insert random facepalm>

Relatively unknown company?

I realise you may not be Sherlock Holmes but it really wouldn't take much effort to suss out such a company online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Hi Guys,

I used them in March 2011 and sent off my iPhone 3GS.

It took 15 emails back and forth to finally get a concrete date on which I would be paid.

I was eventually paid my money on June 5th 2011

They are really slow at responding to emails and I could never get through to them on the phone number provided.

I would steer well clear of them especially if you are waiting on the money.

I have used envirofone.ie before and never had any issues, the only reason I didn't use them in this instance is that they were offering 30euro less for the 32gb iPhone 3gs.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Wish I'd seen this thread 2 mths ago. Waiting for them to confirm receipt of an iphone 3gs. Again they were 40 euro more than next best and decided to go with them.

Regret:(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Has anyone else had trouble with these?
    There website seems very official but I have had so many problems it's unbelievable!
    I chose them because they were offering €130 for my HTC desire, which was much more than Envirofone. I promptly received a sales pack and sent it off.
    It took them 3 weeks to confirm receipt of the phone, despite numerous phone calls and emails from me. Also, they claim to have a premises in Dublin but their number redirects to London and when you ask them about the Irish premises they dodge the question. Finally, I received an email stating that my phone (Which was in excellent condition) had excessive cosmetic damage and was now valued at €55.33, I refused this, and in order to have my phone returned I would have to pay €7.95! I attempted to pay this through their website and an error reading "Invalid Currency" came up. If you don't pay within 5 days, they automatically assume you have accepted the revised offer and proceed. So I sent them a very strongly worded email in which I stated that I had no intention of accepting it, I have received no reply. When I rang them today on the same number I had talked to them on before, I was greeted by a company called "Accidents Direct" who had never heard of Cash4phones"! :eek:
    Any consumer advice on what my next move should be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

You should do a google search on this outfit. Lots of unhappy customers withcash4phones.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

WHOIS information for Cash4phones.ie :
    [Querying whois.domainregistry.ie]
    [whois.domainregistry.ie]

% Rights restricted by copyright; http://iedr.ie/index.php/mnudomregs/mnudnssearch/96
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: cash4phones.ie
    descr: C4P Trading Limited
    descr: BODY CORPORATE (LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ALQ318-IEDR
    tech-c: AAM470-IEDR
    renewal: 09-September-2012
    nserver: ns1.netnames.net
    nserver: ns2.netnames.net
    nserver: ns5.netnames.net
    nserver: ns6.netnames.net
    source: IEDR

person: Louise Barnet
    nic-hdl: ALQ318-IEDR

person: AscioNIC Technical
    nic-hdl: AAM470-IEDR

Not alot of details there, is there any other way to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Never actually heard of the company before but with a Google search there turned out to be posts here about them.

On to the reason I'm answering, looking at their website T&C (.ie site) and it says they'll check over the received phones with in ten days of receiving them which might answer why it took so long but also the T&C's look to be taken from a UK site, not breaking United Kingdom laws or any other country and under cancellations they cover Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which seems to be a UK law. Could be why they're ducking the Dublin office question and the redirecting to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

They offer away below value, stick to adverts.ie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

They got back to me today via email. They are now offering the full price after a thorough inspection! :)
    I tentatively accepted and asked to be paid by Bank Transfer rather than cheque which I wold be waiting weeks for.

Dear Mr *****,

With regards to your enquiry, i have taken a second look at your phone and i believe there may have been an error on my technicians behalf as sometime's human errors are unavoidable.

We would like to now offer you the full amount of €130.32 quoted for your phone(s) after re-assesment by myself, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please contact me to either accept or reject this offer that we have given to you.

If you have paid for the return postage, we will fully reimburse you for this.

Please let me know if you aren't the cardholder that made the refund payment, so that we can make the refund to the cardholder.

If there is anything I can assist you with further please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below or send me an e-mail.

Kind regards,
    Mohammed
    Cash 4 Phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nimno

Just had a similar experience with cash4phones.ie
    Apart from teh slow response time, they gave me a quote of €49 on my phone, which I then posted to them, and then they came back to say they'd only offer €17 and if I rejected their offer they'd charge €8 to get the phone back.
    I used Envirofone last year and they were a lot better. I sent them the exact same model phone, in exactly the same condition, and they paid me €41 as originally quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

Murphdog,
    Wish I'd read your post before sending off my own HTC Desire and LG Renoir. Exactly the same story here. I was quoted 130 odd euro for the Desire and 14 for the Renoir. Posted at the start of December and they got them today!!!? Same as yourself, they claim there is "Significant cosmetic Damage" to BOTH phones which is total BS! Obviously they hope their customers will just roll over and take whatever price they offer. I emailed them back to say I wasn't happy and would like the phones back if they couldn't match the price they quoted and I'm waiting for a reply.
    Perhaps this should be refered elsewhere tho. This is obviously a tactic that they employ to get the best possible price for all their phones. The last time I sold a phone I went with Envirophone and there was none of this messing. I was able to hand deliver the phones to their Dublin warehouse which sped things up considerably. If I do get the phones back they'll be going straight to Envirophone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If the company is based in uk get in touch with consumer affairs over there. They will ask for details of the company etc and give you advice on what to do plus a ref number if no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kallenb

I was attracted by the high price they were offering for my Iphone 3S...First time I have ever used such a company and with the stories you hear I was very suspicious...wish I had the brains to check out reviews here at the time!!

But i did take precautions, I phoned the number to make sure they were contactable, and sent my phone registered.

Mid December I sent my phone off in the envelope received by them after been quoted €302 for it, to the Dublin address, which turns out is redirected to England. Took a while for the online account to say it was received :mad:. Once received the payment offered dropped to €203 :mad:...I was told this was because the phone arrive over 10 days later then when the quote was given! I was like, but I have proof it arrived to the Dublin address well within that time frame, its not my fault they wish to re-direct it :mad:. After arguing I got it upto €270 :). 5th of Jan, still no payment :mad:, was onto them this AM and they told me a cheq for €270 was posted 'SOME TIME THIS WEEK' :mad: they could not tell me when. And the cheq for the balance will be issued some time in the next few days:mad:! I cursed :eek:!

I think the only way I will see money is by hounding them. I dealt with them as i thought they were an Irish Company and that there were offices I could call to if there were any issues! My dealings with them have been extremely frustrating and they are incompetent....well I think they are actually fobbing me off, as there ploy is to get u in by offering you a high price for your phone, and then once they receive it give you allot of bull as why they are going to pay you allot less!!!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...there are many more out there with perfect reputations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just doing some hunting. Email addy for cash4phones.ie is cash4phones.com go to that site and for uk it brings u to cash4phones.co.uk which does the adverts on TV. They are also on face book. Might be good to put your compaints on their facebook site They are part of C4P Trading Limited Tel 0442078562508 http://www.mobilephonerecycling.com
    Try compaining to head office :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

Posters - please do not post the same topic in more than one thread. It creates a lot of noise.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Catriona D

I posted my iphone to cash 4 phones over one month ago and I have yet to revceive payment. I was posting my phone to what I stupidly believed was a service provided within Ireland as the PO Box Number and the Phone Number are all here in Ireland but alas yes they are a company in the UK. I sent them two emails of complaint which I received no response. Then I contacted them via telephone and I was informed that the delay was due to Royal Mail postage delays. I have to say waiting for this length of time is ridiculous and they have not even received my phone nor have I received confirmation of where is is. Beware of this service as you are posting something valuable and god only knows when you will receive payment. Also what is to stop them saying they never received the phone or it was damaged in the post. Not Happy

Catriona D wrote: »
    I posted my iphone to cash 4 phones over one month ago and I have yet to revceive payment. I was posting my phone to what I stupidly believed was a service provided within Ireland as the PO Box Number and the Phone Number are all here in Ireland but alas yes they are a company in the UK. I sent them two emails of complaint which I received no response. Then I contacted them via telephone and I was informed that the delay was due to Royal Mail postage delays. I have to say waiting for this length of time is ridiculous and they have not even received my phone nor have I received confirmation of where is is. Beware of this service as you are posting something valuable and god only knows when you will receive payment. Also what is to stop them saying they never received the phone or it was damaged in the post. Not Happy

The same happened me. 6 weeks I think it took! I regularly send and receive other items from the UK. 3-4 days is the norm.

They lowered the price of the phone during the 6 weeks and told me they could now only offer me the new lower price.

Definitely look elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Jesus, glad I saw this thread

Tried selling my iphone4 on adverts but had a lot of time wasters so rang this place and was going to post the phone off tomorrow.... Not anymore.

I see they have an address in Dublin 2? Presume that's a shelf company or something if they just redirect to the UK.

They actually sent me a mail blaming the private box company for the error. When I contacted them who are located in Dublin 2 they informed me there were no mobile phones at their premises. The whole thing is a joke they now have I my iPhone and I have no money. The phone was 4 weeks old and I have an invoice to prove it....Annoyed is not the word.

• Advertisement

The company in Dublin 2 are a mail holding company that transfer the contents of the boxes to the company in the UK. When I emailed Cash4phones they mailed me saying that company was responsible. I then rang them and all the girl who answered the phone all she could say in very broken English is "we have no phones"

I have now no iphone and no money. They are denying they ever received it despite me having a tracking number on their so called website. It is a scam.

Advertisement