Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to have BBQ Wedding Reception

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Op, i was at a ball last year at the moyne polo club in laois. Basically its what you had in your op, it was a huge field, they had a marquee rented, and i think they owned the bar in it. Some people camped in tents or caravan/camper vans and others stayed in the abbeyleix hotel. They had a huge bbq the next day. I have to say it was very impressive. You could give them a buzz and see if they'd be wiling to allow you to do the same for your wedding, i know the people either owning/managing the hotel and the caterers were involved in the polo club so its possible they would have some of the planning work done, in that they could just repeat what they had already done. Congrats x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It may sound a bit unusual but have you thought about Lough Derg Holiday Village in Co. Clare? They have a huge glass marquee by the lake and allow self-catering, perfect for a BBQ wedding reception. There's also plenty of lodges for people to stay in. There's not a whole lot about it on their website so maybe contact them about it, I only discovered it by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 csmurfy

Hi all, i know this ia an old post but hopefully you all found amazing venues and can give me advice!
    I want the rustic Barn and bunting wedding with amazing country side views for cheap haha

any help would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Still think it is something that is lacking in Ireland places like that tis hard to find someplace different. there are lots of houses out there to rent out but what area are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

I have friends who have a lovely place, they have a renovated barn they rent out as a holiday home, have an open sided barn with a bbq and large garden, plenty of room for camping and just 5 minutes from the beach. I'm not sure what part of the country you're looking at but its only an hour from Dublin... They have rented out for parties, no weddings yet but they would be interested..... I'll pm you contact details if you're interested....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorted

Well done.... Anyone else interested in a rustic wedding in beautiful surroundings just ask.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Well done.... Anyone else interested in a rustic wedding in beautiful surroundings just ask.........:)

I'd love to get some details, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Me too please it sounds perfect!

Me too please it sounds perfect!

It is lovely and I think its the perfect location. Its close to the beach has a secret garden with open sided barn with bbq. Another Beautiful barn for sit down meal if u prefer indoor. Surrounded by woods and fields with donkeys and alpacas...... they have a barn renovated as a holiday home. Its on daft so have a look it ll give u an idea of what the place is like but u really need to see it to appreciate it. Look for ashtree barn on daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 chogxox

Hi csmurfy, you might like another option too. Not sure where you're based but there's a lovely wedding venue in Newcastle Co. Wicklow called Trudder Lodge. It's only a couple of years up and running but it's fabulous. Nestled away in the country side, fabulous grounds, big old house with a converted area out the back with marque for BBQ style wedding or sit down, whatever you like really. Can have ceremony outside during summer too. It's fabulous! Website is trudder-lodge.com or they have a facebook page too.

Good luck!

Advertisement