Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to start a trad/ballad band in Dublin

Options
  • 11-07-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm a guitar player/ singer located in Dublin, looking for some other musicians to play some trad/ballad music with.
    Influences include: The Dubliners, The Pogues, Christy Moore etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭grymreepor

how ye,

i'm down in meath. i'd be into this, i play guitar, harmonica and banjo. i like the same stuff as yourself, i'm a big luke kelly fan i even named my son after him heh. i have a rehearsal space down here but it might be a bit far if your not driving,

anyway look forward to hearing from you.
    regards
    brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bubbleless

Hi there, I play bodhran, drums and other percussive instruments. I do like playing ballads. Where in Dublin are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diarm04

I'm located in Drumcondra, unfortunately I'm not driving so Meath might be a bit far, but I'd probably be able to travel most places in Dublin or could practice in my place at certain times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bubbleless

Hi, have you any other musicians at the moment or is it all a new set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diarm04

No others lined up at the moment, I used to play with my cousin (fiddle player) but she has moved to Kerry. All completely new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭500x

Hi There,

My wife and I are looking for another musician to join us doing similar kinds of music.

I play guitar, she sings. She is great at harmonising too, so if you're interested in colaborating on vocals maybe we could have something.

Also, we live in Beaumont and can play in the house any time.

If you fancy a chat give me a shout.

Cheers,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pkfitz

Diarm04 wrote: »
    I'm a guitar player/ singer located in Dublin, looking for some other musicians to play some trad/ballad music with.
    Influences include: The Dubliners, The Pogues, Christy Moore etc
    hhff

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pkfitz

allright mate,
    playing the guitar for about 4 or 5 years, never been in a trad band before but always thought it looked like great craic, you might not be interested in another guitarist but i said id mail you anyway, the big news however is that i live in drumcondra too, let us know what you think anyway,
    cheers, patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Bluesriff

wrote:
    Hey,

"Diarm04" Are you still interested in meeting up with musicians for Ballad/Trad session?

Please see my thread that I posted yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Bluesriff wrote: »
    Please see my thread that I posted yesterday.
    In case anyone's wondering, this is the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Bluesriff

Malice,

Many thanks for linking that thread.

Advertisement