Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballad & Trad Session Dublin - Musicians Wanted

Options
  • 09-08-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Guitar & Vocals x 2 Looking to expand and meet up with the following musicians for Ballad & Trad sessions in Dublin;

Banjo
    Fiddle Player
    Tin Whistle
    Mandolin
    Bodhrán
    Bass Player

Interested in meeting other guitarists & vocalists.

We are playing mainly Dubliners (Ronnie & Luke) and Wolfe Tone songs and also a few misc Christy Moore, Pouges & others. Currently we have about 25 songs down. All ideas welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bubbleless

Where in Dublin are you based? I play bodhran and other percussive instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Bluesriff

wrote:
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

We usually meet up and practice in Raheny or Santry but not limited to these areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bubbleless

I'm out in Lucan, might be a bit far. :-(

No Problem. If you ever want to meet up just PM me with your contact details and we'll have a chat.

The priority at the moment is to get a Fiddle and Banjo player

• Advertisement

Folks

The priority at the moment for us is to meet up with a banjo and fiddle player who have good abilitiy and can play at a proficient level to carry the instrumental side of things. (basically - banjo/fiddle players who know there stuff!!!).

We're making good progress and currently up to about 35 ballad/trad songs. We have transport so we're not limited to just practising in our local area.

Please pm me if you're interested.

An update on proceedings..... We have located a banjo player and we are primarily looking for a proficient fiddle player to form/complete the initial core group members. As I said, we're not limiting ourselves to just that and are very interested in meeting & playing with many types of ballad & trad musicians.

Just to confrim.... We're organising sessions where people can come along and play, share songs/music ideas etc. Basically just enjoying the music & meeting other musicians while getting the practice in and getting up to a good standard in performing the songs. From that, we are hoping to develop a sufficient number of core members to form a music group and get out gigging.... why not... the money and opportunities are out there!

Dubliners, Wolfe Tones, Christy Moore, The Pouges songs etc.

Please PM me if you are interested in meeting up.

Advertisement