Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Life of Muhammad - BBC2 : 9.00pm

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

koth wrote: »
    you tell Zillah that he's wrong with his accusation and then essentially go on to prove his point confused.gif
    his point was
    zillah wrote:
    This is the logic that lets people condemn women for being raped.
    who is condemning women? confused.gif..... I am condemning mix gathering of both men and women, and who is talking about rape in this caseconfused.gif -- mixing gathering allows people to create illegal sex relations, that's what i am talking about...... Both male and female who involve in such relations are condemnable...... Now all this happens because media/society portrays women as sex object in the name of freedom
    That's what all children (male of female) learn from their societies/schools/colleges/movies/daramas / customs / avatars / pictures ...... when these children grow up they treat women in the same way what they have learned in the name of freedom of women...... Does it mean condemnation of women? No it means, condemnation of men who are misusing their charge
    Often the movie makers put sex scenes into their movies to control customers through emotions---- The movies maker don't know the same scene can corrupt the mind of an innocent who knows nothing about sex........ A society to be scarified at the altar of freedom.... In order to further understand my point, please, go to this thread and watch this video
    http://vimeo.com/12030156
    It is wish of that woman in the video to be viewed as sex object....why confused.gif....because that's is easy way to get her work done---- That's what all women are learning in the name of freedom, .... by no way, i am condemning women, i am condemning men who careless about their charge..... Now the story comes again to this quranic verse..... See, the truth
    Men are in charge of women by
    what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.
    http://quran.com/4/34
    Just so you know, Pakistan has 97% of the population made up by Muslims, so your claim that 30% of the population is islamaic is way off.
    see of the 97 % population, 70% aren't practicing muslims, They use to call themselves muslim, why? because they are following their forefathers and majority of these people are uneducated.... They learn what they have been told in the name of religion.... See that's is truth what i am telling you.... why because i don't make any difference between east or west..... I will point the weakness in both east and west....because i don't prefer east over west or west over east..... All lands belongs God to whom we have to return...
    Illiterate people can practice a religion. They can attend temple/church and listen to the sermons. The only problem is that they can't read the holy books and therefore see if the message being preached is in keeping with the holy book.
    Illiterate people can practice only ignorance not religion.... Education is ends ignorance..... See, that's why the religious hypocrites/pops don't want them to be educated why because education is enemy of ignorance...... The problems isn't with islam, problems is with the people---- that's what i am trying tell kylith that it is great injustice to blame something else for crime of others....
    you are given a story of how a woman was badly treated by Muslim men and your response is, "well she wasn't a real muslim because she left her religion"?
    I have given you the background of society in which story occur...... A society full of illiterate/uneducated people--- full of ignorance... So you should also keep in mind before blaming Islam or Muslims.....
    You don't even respond to the sexual molestation she experienced, you just point the finger at the women. Now you make it sound like muslim have to shut up and endure sexual molestation as part of their faith.
    see, i aint dishonest---

sorry the title of video is foreign language...
    You see the man in the video, he doesn't follow any God.... he follows his own God (desires).... he comes into the house of God to worship his God (desires)..... Now tell, can i blame islam or muslim for act that old freak who is talking his last breath..... That's what happened with that women...... There is whole Chapter in quran which condemn such acts.... In fact people like these, are religious hypocrites, and they will be in the lower part of hell as per quran.... please be honest in your judgment..... by no, way i am condemning that women, only i am saying a women can't quit her faith due to ignorance.... and here story is posted on anti islamic site.... that's why her case is doubtfull.... The whole purpose of that site is to malign islam.... a fancy story on fancy site....
    And you're continually saying that Muslims can't commit crimes because they're muslim, even when articles are given proving that to be wrong. They're human, just like the rest of us.
    Please give me reference where i said, the man who legally claim to be muslim can't commit crimes.....
    Nice little "get out of jail" situation you've created there. So how do you balance islam being a religion of peace and justice, when you have repeatedly called for women not to be allowed work in the company of men?
    You missed the point
    men aren't allowed to work with woman, woman aren't allowed to work with strange men....isn't it balance.....
    Amazing, so even when a government and nation is almost 100% muslim, they are led astray all too easily by western influences. I find it extremely hard to believe that all muslims are devoid of any backbone.
    100% muslim what do you mean?....... i can see, to make your points your are ignoring the fact which i pointed again and again......
    Wibbs wrote: »
    +1
    Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    The moment a person forms a theory his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory.”

+ images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTia5MGFMEwOrc57FT3kDLnHLdRt73nfBqjUSprEmA5HwDqYlzQ&t=1

To be fair to Dead One he has a point here. 97% may be Muslims, but the overall cultural influences vary. Kinda like I dunno, say a French Catholic and an Irish Catholic. Both Catholic, but different culture. I think Dead One is saying only a third are middle eastern Arabic Islamic in culture.
    see, movies reflects culture of a country.... Pakistan isn't country with islamic culture.... Pakistan is mixed society-- half inspired by indian culture, half by western---half of a half by islamic..... See, here link of top pakistani movies....
    http://paktop10.com/2011/04/12/top-movies-of-all-time/
    believe me islam doesn't promote such stupid ideas.... majority of these films reflect indian culture not islamic.... I dont know what makes you to deny solid fact like these.....
    The Middle east in particular, but now with this "war on terror" Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan. They're looking at Iran now. Never mind the headfcuk that is Israeli/Arab relations.

When western culture has screwed you over, has betrayed your trust, has supported your enemies, has killed members of your family and looks like it's starting another crusade, I'm not surprised many Muslims regard it as the great satan and while doing so get rid of all the really good stuff that western civilisation has come up with.
    See, history repeats itself with different phase, Soon the war which american and their allies has started against Islam on muslim land will end on their blood....their land.... See, that's the truth.... The sleeping giant (muslims) will awake soon..... write my words on your diaries, this is just beginning..... The "war on terror" is trick which the American has pulled against islam and muslims....... Now the same American are suffering consequences of their trick

http://eslkevin.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/50000-american-casualties-in-afghanistan-iraq-real-numbers-probably-much-higher/

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

dead one wrote: »
    his point was
    who is condemning women? confused.gif..... I am condemning mix gathering of both men and women, and who is talking about rape in this caseconfused.gif -- mixing gathering allows people to create illegal sex relations, that's what i am talking about...... Both male and female who involve in such relations are condemnable......
    Yes, but get first preference for the jobs if it comes down to hiring only a single sex. Women are excluded from the workplace and schools, not men.

Plus you have said before that it is the presence of women that causes men to lose control of themselves. You are blaming women for men not having self control.

This means you are blaming women.

Now all this happens because media/society portrays women as sex object in the name of freedom
    That's what all children (male of female) learn from their societies/schools/colleges/movies/daramas / customs / avatars / pictures ...... when these children grow up they treat women in the same way what they have learned in the name of freedom of women...... Does it mean condemnation of women? No it means, condemnation of men who are misusing their charge
    Often the movie makers put sex scenes into their movies to control customers through emotions---- The movies maker don't know the same scene can corrupt the mind of an innocent who knows nothing about sex........ A society to be scarified at the altar of freedom.... In order to further understand my point, please, go to this thread and watch this video
    http://vimeo.com/12030156
    It is wish of that woman in the video to be viewed as sex object....why confused.gif....because that's is easy way to get her work done---- That's what all women are learning in the name of freedom, .... by no way, i am condemning women, i am condemning men who careless about their charge..... Now the story comes again to this quranic verse..... See, the truth
    yes, I get it. Men should have more control over the women. How you think that isn't a really bad attitude to have towards women?

see of the 97 % population, 70% aren't practicing muslims, They use to call themselves muslim, why? because they are following their forefathers and majority of these people are uneducated.... They learn what they have been told in the name of religion.... See that's is truth what i am telling you.... why because i don't make any difference between east or west..... I will point the weakness in both east and west....because i don't prefer east over west or west over east..... All lands belongs God to whom we have to return...
    They identify as Muslim and haven't been kicked out of the religion so they mightn't be upholding all the requirements of the faith, but that doesn't mean they're not muslim.

Illiterate people can practice only ignorance not religion.... Education is ends ignorance..... See, that's why the religious hypocrites/pops don't want them to be educated why because education is enemy of ignorance...... The problems isn't with islam, problems is with the people---- that's what i am trying tell kylith that it is great injustice to blame something else for crime of others....
    Interesting that you say you need education to practice a religion, while at the same time ignoring information that contradicts your religious viewpoint.

The people in question are muslim, so it's not really out of order to question if their religion might be the root of some of their problematic attitudes.
    I have given you the background of society in which story occur...... A society full of illiterate/uneducated people--- full of ignorance... So you should also keep in mind before blaming Islam or Muslims.....
    I'm well aware of that, and that's why I support the idea of everyone being able to get a good education. That way people can make informed decisions about their faith.

If a group in society identify themselves as muslim, christian or some other label and have members causing problems or displaying attitudes that aren't very enlightened, why shouldn't we examine what being a member of the group entails? Especially if some of the beliefs are quite negative/hostile towards other members of society.
    see, i aint dishonest---

sorry the title of video is foreign language...
    You see the man in the video, he doesn't follow any God.... he follows his own God (desires).... he comes into the house of God to worship his God (desires)..... Now tell, can i blame islam or muslim for act that old freak who is talking his last breath..... That's what happened with that women...... There is whole Chapter in quran which condemn such acts.... In fact people like these, are religious hypocrites, and they will be in the lower part of hell as per quran.... please be honest in your judgment..... by no, way i am condemning that women, only i am saying a women can't quit her faith due to ignorance.... and here story is posted on anti islamic site.... that's why her case is doubtfull.... The whole purpose of that site is to malign islam.... a fancy story on fancy site....
    Very nice, so now you're questioning if she is actually telling the truth? and you say you aren't condemning women:rolleyes:

as to the video, the old guy feels up a kid in plain sight, and he isn't asked to leave the temple. Someone even shakes his hand at the end of the video.

If any religion wants to be taken seriously as moral leaders, they need to behave as such. The guy should have been asked to leave the temple, and reported to the police for molesting a kid.
    Please give me reference where i said, the man who legally claim to be muslim can't commit crimes.....
    here ya go:
    dead one wrote: »
    This is because you have understood islam by watching tv programs---by chatting on internet-- by looking into ignorant people's mind who legally call themselves mulisms..... Because your media love to quote islam as religion of hatred..... Islam is religion of peace and justice, if people aren't following islam then problem is with people not with islam---
    you say that if people are "true" muslims they won't commit a crime or be violent, so you're saying that people aren't really muslims that are violent or commit crimes.
    You missed the point
    men aren't allowed to work with woman, woman aren't allowed to work with strange men....isn't it balance.....
    No, because women aren't seen as equal. The scales are leaning heavily towards men. Women aren't allowed the same freedoms because they bring out the worst desires in men according to yourself:rolleyes:
    100% muslim what do you mean?....... i can see, to make your points your are ignoring the fact which i pointed again and again......
    That the population was almost exclusively muslim. I now know you were talking about the different "grades" of muslim.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

the old guy feels up a kid in plain sight, and he isn't asked to leave the temple. Someone even shakes his hand at the end of the video.
    From the body language, that wasn't a western-context handshake :)

Advertisement