Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some feature length anime

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinski wrote: »
    That makes no sense. Converting a film to Blu-ray is not like retrospectively applying 3D to one which was not shot in it; films are made for screens much larger than any TV set, so they do not have to have been made 'with Blu-Ray in mind.'

As for whether or not you should purchase films you already own on DVD on Blu-Ray, that's really up to you. But the quality is much better.

Digital remasters from actual film. I'm asking about visible film grain due to the quality of master prints used. "with Blu-Ray in mind" as in digital in mind or using ultra clean 70mm film master print for a good transfer.

There are a number of bad Blu ray transfers and it has nothing to do with screen size, and i want to know how these older Miyazaki films do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Varik wrote: »
    Digital remasters from actual film. I'm asking about visible film grain due to the quality of master prints used. "with Blu-Ray in mind" as in digital in mind or using ultra clean 70mm film master print for a good transfer.

There are a number of bad Blu ray transfers and it has nothing to do with screen size, and i want to know how these older Miyazaki films do.

Ah, sorry, I misinterpreted! I've only seen Nausicaa, and I think it's worth it, but I'm not the fussiest either.

Advertisement