Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

HA HA Hilarious story, did my 6th ever cycle today 50k clonee to summerhill and back, really enjoyed it. hills still killing me. averaged about 24kph. Now just to keep it going...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Headed out to North Clare today - such a beautiful day for a spin. Lisdoonvarna, Ballyvaughan, Fanore and back to Lisdoonvarna. 46km all up. Had lots of fun going down Corkscrew hill...I'm not quite ready to tackle going up it:eek:

http://runkeeper.com/user/MelissaBarnes/activity/48570395

Had to get off and push a couple of times, especially on the bit from the turn off to Doolin up the hill back towards Lisdoonvarna. Of course, it was always while I was pushing the bike that impressive looking cyclists would come flying down the hill the other way. Also embarrassed myself in front of another cyclist while I was going uphill (slowly:p) and they were coming downhill. I was admiring the view, not looking where I was going and pretty much rode straight into the bushes on the side of the road:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

mel.b wrote: »

Only viewable by people in your "Street Team" so don't be surprised by a sudden influx of followers..

RT66 wrote: »
    Only viewable by people in your "Street Team" so don't be surprised by a sudden influx of followers..

Hmmm....thought I had changed it so it is 'map viewable by everyone' so not sure why it can't be viewed. Have just double checked and you should be able to see it.

Hmmm....thought I had changed it so it is 'map viewable by everyone' so not sure why it can't be viewed. Have just double checked and you should be able to see it.

It is viewable, but only after sending the street team request.

• Advertisement

RT66 wrote: »
    It is viewable, but only after sending the street team request.

Why does runkeeper give the option of 'map viewable by street team' and 'map viewable by everyone' if it still only lets street team members see it :confused:

Why does runkeeper give the option of 'map viewable by street team' and 'map viewable by everyone' if it still only lets street team members see it :confused:
    There are 2 settings. One for activities, the other for maps associated with them. It sounds like you have activities viewable by street team only, and maps viewable by everyone.

I cycled over to Sundrive Rd today for a (training) track day. First time on a track and first time on a fixed-gear bike. It took a little bit of time to get used to it, but it was a blast. Had a great time and got track accreditation while I was at it. 50km over there and back, and probably 20km or so around the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Traffic jams and fluctuating weather in the Bogeraghs
    http://app.strava.com/rides/1305621

171481.jpg

171483.jpg

171482.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Set out for some hill repeats. Planned on climbing 1000m in sub 40km. Halfway through the second of 8 repeats my back tyre blew out with a big slit in the sidewall, probably a result of a fall I had last week.

Pah. Might try again tomorrow.

route-histogram-654015.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Did two laps of the Ticknock trails this morning. Not sure about the distance though, my trip computer gave up after the first few jumps.
    Was an absolutely lovely morning up there, no wind, warm and sunny, Even the flies were still asleep. Also, the tracks were reasonably dry so the tires were actually able to grip something.
    Hadn't had so much fun on two wheels in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Possibly my worst spin of the summer, my legs were dead today, absolutly no bounce or enthusiasm out of them at all! Went up to firhouse with a view to tackling the gap after blessington but subconsiously took a right down the old bawn and took the flat all the way out to lucan and home via phoneix park. Not a bad little spin but gosh it was hard. Even tried a lap of the park but gave up after the little hill... i said shut up legs, but they couldn and wouldn listen. Stupid dead legs. No real reason for it either... one of those weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

Took a spin today in the ballyhouras on the single speed MTB, did the white trail in 2hours 23 minutes which im happy enough with. Legs are feeling it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I'd like to be able to say I did 190 Km at an average speed of 25 KpH today, which I had planned to do - but I didn't. I sat on the couch watching Joni Mitchell and Pat Metheny and drank a bucket load of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

rocstar wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to say I did 190 Km at an average speed of 25 KpH today, which I had planned to do - but I didn't - I sat on the couch watching Joni Mitchell and Pat Metheny and drank a bucket load of wine. Shazaam !

now thats what i should have done!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

headed out early this morning and headed from kilmainham to brittas, then kilbride where i took up ww200 route and followed it as far as laragh then home via old long hill and enniskerry.

first two cyclists i met on road were when i was really struggling up slieve mann, closely followed by SE- big red head on me!

160k at 26kph, longest solo spin yet so pretty pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Headed from castleknock through clonee to batterstown and followed the road all the way out to trim, turned at the roundabout in trim to head back in the batterstown direction but turned right onto summerhill, then onto dunboyne to clonee and then home about 90ish km just under 3half hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I went for a spin from Thurles to Templemore and back through Drumbane and Holycross. I climbed a series of small but steep hills in the locality before pedalling back to Thurles.

30 miles in all which brought my mileage total this week to 192 miles:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

superbad50 wrote: »
    new to the cycling , but i managed to cycle to blessington town centre and back to crumlin , windmill road. not sure of the distance but my god was i wrecked. can only imagine what lance armstrong went through. my bike is a felt z100. hope to keep it up as i am burning lots of calories

any advice welcome

You did about 40 miles today!
    Well done.

I used to live in Perrystown:)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

did 50 k again today on summerhill route. 1hr 57min.
    delighted. about 26km average speed. felt much better today on bike. pumped tyres and raised saddle two inches. made a huge differanace imho.:):):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

Did 12.8k today in 38 mins all up hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Lawr

Did about 40kms, but again spent most of my time trying to adjust the derailleurs. New chain, new cassette, skipping and jumping all over the place. Settled down just as I approached the last few blocks before home. This is my third such journey in a row. It's getting old. Took two links out this morning because I finally figured the chain was still too long. Figured I was okay for a good spin today, hoping to go over the Killaloe Pass. No such luck, not with the gears being so unruly. Too dangerous.

Thursday or Friday maybe. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

went out at 5:30am ( must be bonkers!!!) only did 15km as my thighs were in bits for some reason for the last 7 days - really sore and stiff?

Was doing 20km easy and then both legs just seem to have shut down, easing back up to 20km then working to a 45km this weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

BrookieD wrote: »
    went out at 5:30am ( must be bonkers!!!) only did 15km as my thighs were in bits for some reason for the last 7 days - really sore and stiff?
    Stretching can help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

BrookieD wrote: »

Sounds like DOMS, to minimise it do a cool down (10-15mins) followed by some stretching next time. Dont static stretch unless your muscles are warm. So consider a light 20min spin later and some stretches after. A nice warm bath will help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Im a day late went for a spin around west Cork yesterday it was my last day of holidays the sun was out so I put the bike in the boot and headed off. Drove as far as Adrigole and cycled away. Went up the Healy pass went to Ardgroom done the coast road to Eyres unreal views id say thats what heaven looks like. Quiet, and narrow roads not a place for speed but the views are as good as you would see anywhere in the world. lots of sharp hills then went to Allihies up over the hill and in to Castletownbere and back to Adrigole again. Over 1600 m of climbing 102k If anyone gets a chance on a fine day give it a go you wont be sorry. 10/10 I was like this all the way home:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

80km in the hills of North Cork.
    My first time taking on the bigger climb at Kerryman's Table from Kilcorney side, torture but so worth it. The next climb I had done before about a year or so ago, lots of more dogs this time around, I would like to think I had fresh legs for outrunning them but they just got bored.
    Took a wrong turn onto a lovely fast descent into a farmyard so had a slow climb back out of it, much to the amusement of some local lads working on a roof.
    The climb up to the turbines above nadd was a slog, doesn't look bad on the plot but I felt every revolution, but the views from the top were worth it, and the fast road down to the Lyre Rd. was fun.
    3rd climb up to Lrye was a long slog as well, I got my directions wrong and didn't come out as low as I wanted so the climb was shorter than planned, I can save that for the next outing.
    The final climb was monkey's bridge to Bweeng, the surface is poor but I felt I had a good rhythm going and didn't feel too bad going over the top. Again the descent was great now that the road was been surfaced.
    Took a bit of a detour over Lackendarragh and back to Banteer.
    I had wanted to add in Nadd Mountain to Donaghmore and attempt the climb from Abbeyswell to Laharan Cross onto to Mt. Hillary but honestly didn't have the legs to even try it.
    All in all I was pleased with the time and distance given the climbing I did.
    linky:http://app.strava.com/rides/1434120

Bertie

I took the train to work this morning, so I had my first go on a Dublin Bike. They're quite an odd sort of a bike, to me at any rate. Anyway, they're dead handy for getting about. Definitely something I'll use a bit.
    I had my hybrid locked up at work, so took that home. Logged my spin home on strava and it wasn't as bad as I expected. 26.2km/h over 25km. It felt a a bit uncomfortable though. I think the saddle was about 3-4 inches too low.
    Some goofball in Malahide started patting his helmet as he passed going the other way. I assume because I wasn't wearing one and he disapproves. Perhaps he thinks people react well to instruction from sanctimonious strangers? Or maybe I'm reading it all wrong and he was simply indicating that he's a dickhead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Got a puncture 500m from the top of Cruagh road. Thanks to the two cyclists who offered assistance as they passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I got my first puncture today, straight into a catseye on a narrow section of road halfway between Portlaoise and Mountrath. Had to ring a mate to collect me. I am gonna have to learn how to change a tube, carry a spare with me. I should also avoid cats eyes. Absolutely sickened cause I was flying it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement