Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you explain this

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Furthermore if you look at aerial shots they carved huge landing strips from the earth in addition to representations of Visitors.
    So if they needed landing strips to land, how did they land to teach the Inca (not the Mayans) to draw a straight line?
    Oh yeah, limestone, thats what I meant. In anycase if the best modern technology barely manages to move these granite blocks, then human slaves in an arid and inhospitable desert would have no chance. Its clear that aliens were involved. Apparently the pyramids are actually constitutive of a massive star chart.

Again just because you can't figure out how do do something doesn't mean someone else can't.
    And just because you can't figure out how do do something doesn't mean you can just assume it's magic.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Making precise measurements of the heavens does not require advanced technology as you suggest. This is total BS. Please explain to me for example how did Jeremiah Horrocks predict a Transit of Venus in 1639 without advanced technology, using only mathematics?

Or an even better example:
    Eratosthenes very accurately determining the circumference of the Earth using only a pair of sticks and some math.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Formulas can be derived or discovered based on existing bodies of work, making extremely precise measurements of physical bodies requires advanced technology which the mayans didn't have access to if we omit aliens. Furthermore if you look at aerial shots they carved huge landing strips from the earth in addition to representations of Visitors. They also had pictures of aircraft which look similar to our own. So its clear that they were visited by aliens who granted them with the ability to prophesize about future events, this wasn't just limited to the Mayans, they also contacted Indian tribes.

Oh yeah, limestone, thats what I meant. In anycase if the best modern technology barely manages to move these granite blocks, then human slaves in an arid and inhospitable desert would have no chance. Its clear that aliens were involved. Apparently the pyramids are actually constitutive of a massive star chart.
    Why would they do this? And why give imprecise information?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

King Mob wrote: »
    Or an even better example:
    Eratosthenes very accurately determining the circumference of the Earth using only a pair of sticks and some math.

Clearly he had some aliens helping him out with those calculations! :D Remember King Mob, humans are too stupid to do math without aliens helping them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Alien spiel

3ede.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i find it amusing that aliens are capable of building space ships that can travel vast distances across space but yet they need landing strips built for them,its ridiculous,btw i do believe there are aliens somewhere out there but i dont believe they have visited us yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Making precise measurements of the heavens does not require advanced technology as you suggest. This is total BS. Please explain to me for example how did Jeremiah Horrocks predict a Transit of Venus in 1639 without advanced technology, using only mathematics?

He had a telescope.
    As for the "landing strips" and lines. This was the Nazca in Peru, not the Maya in Central America. You seems to have many of your "facts" mixed up. And the Nazca lines have nothing to do with aliens, unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary of course??

Nazcaschmazca, they're all the same. And yeah aliens pretty much, why else make landing strips? For flying pigs? You're using naming conventions to detract from the central premise of my argument, which you still haven't successfully disputed. I stated that aliens were in contact with ancient civilizations, you haven't provided any evidence to the contrary, other than making a big deal about who was named what. Essentially that is internet nerdism pedantry=Fail. Haven't you got something better to do than waste time getting exasperated with conspiracy theorists?
    As for being unable to move granite slabs today! The largest stones are in the 50-80 ton bracket. Humans built a rocket in the 1960's that took man to the Moon called the Saturn V. It could lift over 100 tons into orbit. Or did we have to get the little green men to help us there as well??? :rolleyes:

Irrelevant. Ancient civs remember?

BTW you do know that the Giza pyramids are within a stones throw of one of the largest rivers in the world: the Nile. "Arid and inhospitable" my ass.

Uh yeah except you'd still get dehydrated, I doubt they made provisions for slaves. Again your points are arse and you fail.

Nazcaschmazca, they're all the same. And yeah aliens pretty much, why else make landing strips? For flying pigs? You're using naming conventions to detract from the central premise of my argument, which you still haven't successfully disputed. I stated that aliens were in contact with ancient civilizations, you haven't provided any evidence to the contrary, other than making a big deal about who was named what. Essentially that is internet nerdism pedantry=Fail. Haven't you got something better to do than waste time getting exasperated with conspiracy theorists?
    The central premise of your argument is silly, unsupported and self contradictory.

How do you know they are runways?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

King Mob wrote: »
    How do you know they are runways?

There's two points here.

How did the alien crafts land here at first without runways?

And

why do ships capable of travelling several trillion miles across the universe, need runways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Di0genes wrote: »

They didn't. The green men were beamed up and down like in Star Trek, duh.

• Advertisement

Di0genes wrote: »
    There's two points here.

And

why do ships capable of travelling several trillion miles across the universe, need runways?

Now if for some reason these aliens had ships that needed a slow stop to land or a run up to take off, despite being able to bend and break the laws of physics, it makes far far more sense to have the ships amphibious.
    Especially since this would make over 70% of our surface a readily available landing site. It's far easier than somehow beaming down the knowledge to draw lines in the dirt to the natives, then descend into mountainous terrain to land on a short, thin dirt track of a runway.

But since some people can't think of other explanations, a runway is the only explanation, regardless of lack of evidence or sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He had a telescope.

You obviously haven't a clue. He used a scope to observe it but used math to predict it. How did he do it without the help of little green men? Or as King Mob said, how did Eratosthenes make his calculations?

Typical CTer fail. You made the claims, so YOU must provide the evidence. So far all we got is your own personal incredulousness. As for landing strips, you are having a laugh. These aliens flew trillions of miles in advanced spacecraft only to need a runway to land! HAHA THAT'S SOME FUNNY STUFF! BTW how did they land in the first place to tell the natives they needed landing strips? Answers please to talkingoutyourass.com.
    Irrelevant. Ancient civs remember?

Not irrelevant. You claimed modern humans could barely move these blocks. Talking crap again?
    Uh yeah except you'd still get dehydrated, I doubt they made provisions for slaves. Again your points are arse and you fail.

How do you know they didn't make provision? Proof please. Slaves ain't much good if you don't keep them alive. But you reckon that even though they had one of the largest sources of freshwater in the world on the threshold of Giza, the Egyptians were too stupid to use it. You haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

its a myth that slaves were used to build the pyramids,archaelogical digs have proven that,people worked on the pyramids as a way of paying their taxes,they were well fed and well watered and very well organised,its been proven beyond any doubt.the 3 great pyramids of giza were the final result of many centuries of pyramid building,there were a lot of failed results and in the end they had perfected their tecnique.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

blah blah blah blah blah blah

No you fcking asshat, its you who hasn't got a clue! You're just missing my point, all the examples you gave were the outcomes of incremental technological progress. But my correct point, which you are wrong to dispute, is that ancient civs essentially built the technological equivalent of nuclear power plants and I'm asking how did they do that. With outside help. So fck you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nyarlothothep banned for 1 week for personal abuse

But my correct point, which you are wrong to dispute, is that ancient civs essentially built the technological equivalent of nuclear power plants and I'm asking how did they do that. With outside help.
    Lines in dirt or simple block buildings = technological equivalent of nuclear power plants? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Originally Posted by namloc1980
    As for being unable to move granite slabs today! The largest stones are in the 50-80 ton bracket. Humans built a rocket in the 1960's that took man to the Moon called the Saturn V. It could lift over 100 tons into orbit. Or did we have to get the little green men to help us there as well???

Their is a Block in Lebenon that is 200 tons approx in a wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As pointed out they weren't slaves. They've unearthed their grave sites nearby. They were very well taken care of. As for moving the stones? Law of the lever for a start. Lots and lots of human power for another. Great engineering minds and practices honed over the previous 1000 years yet another. The Nile providing surplus and good nourishment to the population was a bonus. Maybe most of all collective religious fervour.

The assumption about aliens and the like is assuming that the ancients were backward, somehow lesser. It's actually insulting to them and indeed us. Funny enough I've often found those who follow such theories also tend to ascribe deep esoteric knowledge in other matters to said ancients. Contradictory ain't in it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Wibbs wrote: »
    As pointed out they weren't slaves. They've unearthed their grave sites nearby. They were very well taken care of. As for moving the stones? Law of the lever for a start. Lots and lots of human power for another. Great engineering minds and practices honed over the previous 1000 years yet another. The Nile providing surplus and good nourishment to the population was a bonus. Maybe most of all collective religious fervour.

The assumption about aliens and the like is assuming that the ancients were backward, somehow lesser. It's actually insulting to them and indeed us. Funny enough I've often found those who follow such theories also tend to ascribe deep esoteric knowledge in other matters to said ancients. Contradictory ain't in it.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/top50stones.htm

Have a read:cool:

Advertisement