Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoins as an investment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Kraken. You can transfer money on from your bank account via SEPA payments.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

mravaya wrote: »
    Yep history does repeat it self, if 10 years ago you had invested the price of an ipod then into Apple shares do you know how much you would be better off today? about $25,000. Same with Microsoft, if you had invested the price of their first Windows OS at the time it was released. that would be another $50,000 I see Bitcoin in the same way as those History repeating itself yet again, but not from 500 years ago when tulips were difficult to handle and store. Bitcoin I see as something revolutionary, simply its going to do to money what email did to snailmail or what twitter and facebook have done to social networking. Their is no Bitcoin Inc, No Government can regulate it, Its limited supply (unlike tulips). Oh and the Irish property bubble, that was limited to a very few people who happend to have some kind of connection with Ireland. Bitcoin has no geographical limitations

Sorry, may be a stupid question, but how is supply limited?.

Who or what is regulating Bitcoins?

What is there to stop anybody pumping out more Bitcoins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

nuac wrote: »
    Who or what is regulating Bitcoins?

What is there to stop anybody pumping out more Bitcoins?

There's a finite supply of Bitcoins. Something like 2/3 of which are not currently available as they have yet to be "mined". There's an algorithm governing the laws of it and all of the transactions are recorded on a distributed ledger. There's plenty of information out there explaining the ins and outs of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wonk

two weeks now waiting for Kraken to verify my account. any other recommended alternatives please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Coinbase takes a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Kraken. You can transfer money on from your bank account via SEPA payments.

I must be blind, on the deposit page I dont see an option to deposit euro?

419710.PNG

I've been funding Poloniex by buying either BTC or ETH on Coinbase and then transferring but it's fairly expensive to do so in my opinion when sending small amounts regularly (i send some over monthly on payday). I would far rather fund the exchange directly if possible.

/edit nevermind, figured it out, I am only "Tier 1" verified despite filling out the forms weeks ago, frustrating, have to say it concerns me about the platform if full account creation alone takes months.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement