Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on how to burn fat/tone thighs and tummy...in 4 weeks.... Eek!!

Options
  • 07-07-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi,
    Im going on holiers in 4 weeks and my hips and thighs are in a bit of a state!:eek::eek::eek:
    does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to de-jiggle my thighs and get rid of love handles.

I know i cant spot reduce and realistically im not in a bad state but would like to loose bout 5-7lbs if possible?? im doing weight watchers so have the diet part "sorted"!!! lol!

Id be more than grateful if anyone had any ideas on what cardio/exercises are best and for how long?

thx,
    QD xxxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Well the first thing to do is to get your diet in order.

That means coming off fad diets like Weight Watchers and changing to a sustainable, nutritious healthy diet and something that you can see yourself doing long-term.

After that I'd look into doing some weights and some HIIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Frogdog wrote: »
    Well the first thing to do is to get your diet in order.

That means coming off fad diets like Weight Watchers and changing to a sustainable, nutritious healthy diet and something that you can see yourself doing long-term.

After that I'd look into doing some weights and some HIIT.

This.

Also squats and lunges, everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I think you can eat healthily on ww if you so choose. Stick to the "filling foods", look at your food diary & cut any rubbish - sweets, chocolates, biscuits etc, white carbs, booze (if you can manage it).
    The Jillian Michaels 30 days shred is a great workout dvd that does
    cardio-weights-abs circuits and I found very ffective. Intense 20ish minute workout everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Frogdog wrote: »
    Weight watchers is a way to track food. It's not a meal plan or a crash diet.
    There's no reason you can't choose sustainable, nutritious and healthy meals AND track them with WWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Mellor wrote: »
    Weight watchers is a way to track food. It's not a meal plan or a crash diet.
    There's no reason you can't choose sustainable, nutritious and healthy meals AND track them with WWs.

Weight Watchers does not promote a nutritious/healthy diet in my opinion as it demonises fat, particularly saturated fat. We need these fats in our diets for a myriad of uses, as you probably know. All food with high saturated fat content (butter, cheese, nuts etc) are given a high number of points, whereas some foods made up of refined sugars/simple carbohydrate are given lower points values (I can think of those pink wafer biscuits which are half a point each).

I believe this leads to people on Weight Watchers favouring lower pointed food items, in order to stay within their daily limit of points, despite making the less nutritious food choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement