Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office Season 8 [NBC - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

Andy saved the episode in the end, the way it started off with Kevin was cringe-worthy!
    The new episodes really do leave a sour taste in your mouth. It's worth to give some episodes from season 2 a go just to remind yourself how good the show actually used to be.

Are those starter thing longer? Kevin's one seemed really bloody long and pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Another mixed bag this week, the start with Kevin was not funny at all. Actually thought Andy was the funniest aspect of the show this week. Loved the vibrator being included amongst all the other prizes. I was worried that they were trying to change Andy into Michael after last week but I thought his character was a lot different this week. A lot of the smaller side stories are not funny at all, like Pam and Angela talking about their pregnancy. At least they stopped Stanley saying that stupid catchphrase from last week.

Still hard to know if the season will be a success, there are moments when I think it could be but then there are plenty of other times when I think that they should just end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

More of the so far this season. Not great but definitely an improvement on episode one. My love for this show has gone. Can't see how it's going to come back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have to say that was a big improvement over the first episode, I Laughed so loudly when as soon as Andy say the CEO the first thing he said was Hi Dad, and when he turned to the camera after the points and said, 1 day, it took them 1 day!! :D:D:D

I dunno.. this just wasn't a great episode at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I dunno, I thought it was funny. Senior Loadenstein was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It was okay, its just missing too much without Micheal.

Stanley appearing at the window looking at the guy who stole his lunch was seriously funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This week's was better, I liked Andy calling Darrell out and Stanley watching the guy who stole his lunch :pac:

I thought this episode was by far the best so far, getting used to Andy as manager.

Stanley at the window was hilarious.

Spoiler for the second half of the season.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s155/the-office/news/a346921/catherine-tate-to-reprise-office-role-for-second-half-of-season.html
    Catherine Tate will return to The Office later this year to reprise her role as Nellie Bertram.

NBC announced on Friday that Tate will return during the second half of the sitcom's current season when Nellie is hired as a special projects manager by Sabre's corporate office.

"Catherine is hysterical. We introduced her briefly in last season's finale and knew she had to be a part of the show somehow," explained executive producer and Office cast member Paul Lieberstein.

"We'll meet her again as corporate's special projects manager, and her relationship with Robert California (James Spader) will be far from professional. We're thrilled that she's joining the cast."

Tate first appeared in The Office's season seven finale as a candidate for the role vacated by departing cast member Steve Carell's on-screen character Michael Scott.
    They must be trying to kill off the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Worst news ever.

How you can go from having one of the funniest people around in Steve Carell to having this catchphrase wielding hack on the show is beyond me.:mad:

Forgot to say that I really loved this episode - Moze (Mose?) as a valet was just hilarious.

jamc wrote: »
    Worst news ever.

How you can go from having one of the funniest people around in Steve Carell to having this catchphrase wielding hack on the show is beyond me.:mad:

In the season 7 finale she was definitely the least funniest of all the people they were interviewing.

Terrible decision to bring her back.

This week was actually painful at times. Some funny parts, but mainly bleh.
    The music thing was stupid also, Robert California is very annoying.

The funniest thing was Dwight "falling" and trying to touch Jim's crotch. "Does your husband have very soft erections? If not I just grabbed a very soft penis for no reason"

The show is definitely pointless now and it just feels like they're phoning it in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Just watched episode 7, noticed this guy was on it legend :D

This week was actually pretty good.

It's been a long time since I've lol'd at The Office, but when the water bottle fell out from between Pam's legs I did.
    Andy was really on this week.

Papyr... I mean, how is this not actually a product?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think it's jumped the shark this year. I will probably keep watching but I hope it gets better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

episode 9 is excellent

Many many laughs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Have to say the opening for this week's episode was great. :)

Good start so far as well, should work well. :)

EDIT: Excellent episode!

Just watched episode 14 there and it was pretty good. I knew Jim was up to something, but I didn't expect them to go that dark with it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just watched episode 14 there and it was pretty good. I knew Jim was up to something, but I didn't expect them to go that dark with it :eek:

Jim did nothing dark in that episode :eek:

Great episode over all and best for quite some time.

Venom wrote: »

Jim did nothing dark in that episode :eek:

Great episode over all and best for quite some time.
    Maybe I read too far into it, but isn't the implication that
    jim is having an affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Maybe I read too far into it, but isn't the implication that
    jim is having an affair?

I don't think so - to me it clearly seems
    that the temp fancies him (which they have hinted at since her early appearances but in this episode confirmed) and is going to use the Florida trip to full on hit on him. Jim seems pretty clueless about it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

J-blk wrote: »
    that the temp fancies him (which they have hinted at since her early appearances but in this episode confirmed) and is going to use the Florida trip to full on hit on him. Jim seems pretty clueless about it I think.

That's how I took it up as well.

Other than that I thought the episode was pretty weak with not much else happening.

J-blk wrote: »
    Just rewatched it there... you're right. I thought she was insinuating
    that they had already slept together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just rewatched it there... you're right. I thought she was insinuating
    that they had already slept together.

It's an unneeded plot point that will have zero effect on any of the characters in the show and will be handled in less than two minutes of screentime I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope stupid Jim
    has an affair
    and he and his stupid wife leave the show as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Episode 14 was the funniest in a long time. Dwight was in his element. :D

The Florida trip could be a good story line.

Yeah, it was a great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Catherine Tate aside, I really enjoyed that.

Dwight was on top form.

Advertisement