Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New event...Now with added survey!

Options
  • 04-07-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Currently putting together an event with people like FutureGuy, Burning Eclipse an Mr. K. Want to get some input from the people that will make the event what it is; i.e. YOU! Looking at an October date.

But for now, we just want to get an idea of what people want, what is deemed important, and so on! Will only take about 5minutes and would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much. Would be great if you passed it along via Facebook, Twitter (#ICE2k), Google +, FaceTube, MyTwit, Friendface, and so on :D

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X86PLL8

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Survey comprete.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Me too, interested to find out more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Also done

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doom has blessed your survey with his presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thanks to everyone who has completed this so far. Your feedback is really important, because it will ultimately decide what kind of event this is. Any retweets are greatly appreciated also :)

Needless to say all responses are completely anonymous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good stuff so far guys, the more feedback we get, the better the show :) I'll have to get on twitter now :)

We are actively looking at making the event as easy on the pocket as we possibly can for anyone making the trip. In the event that this is a 2-day event, then we will be aggressively seeking discounted room rates for everyone attending.

One thing guys... just because I don't like a game doesn't mean I don't think it should be played.... like, I am not going to enter a BB tournament, but you certainly should have it... I couldn't really make that distinction in the survey. I know that'd make things ridiculously complicated to have but just fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

One thing guys... just because I don't like a game doesn't mean I don't think it should be played.... like, I am not going to enter a BB tournament, but you certainly should have it... I couldn't really make that distinction in the survey. I know that'd make things ridiculously complicated to have but just fyi.

I think the way it is now is ok. No use everyone saying they want BB but have no interest in it and it ends up with 3 people in the tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The way I answered on the tournament preference thing was:

Yes: I would go to a location specifically for this tournament
    Don't mind: I wouldn't go specifically for it, but I would play it if I was already there
    No: Wouldn't play it at all

So I think I only said yes to AE and SF2.

And I only said no to Marvel.

Everything else was a "Don't mind"

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    I think the way it is now is ok. No use everyone saying they want BB but have no interest in it and it ends up with 3 people in the tourney.

Fair enough, didn't look at it that way, ignore me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Done.

I put "Don't mind" for the games that I don't personally play but I know have some sort of scene (BB, Tekken etc.).

Also with regard to the sytem preference question, HDR is consider tournament unplayable on PS3. It's very buggy (reversals don't come out etc.). I know MVC3 can have a lot of slowdown on PS3 as well but I don't think it's as bad as HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks guys! Any input is appreciated - even if it is for clarification. Would prefer questions asked and a bit of discussion going :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Done, I willing to join anything like. If they were free I would join any games even if I don't know how to play them. ( just having fun like )

But to me most important would be BB, but I also put down ssf4 cause its the game everyone plays (I would put don't mind)

the only reason BB is been doing bad, cause of the price of tourney or even prizes (also people are just flaky ¬__¬ if you love the game play it no matter what). BB will always do better in a con (well the anime aspect helps it) But it was big in q con and quite a few ppl in arcade con.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Just completed the survey there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Done.

Looking forward to see whats in store! Hopefully more than just fighting games (although they are mighty etc. etc. :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Answered PS3 for 3S:OE because I use USB pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Just filled out the survey. It's really cool to see this kind of input being solicited. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

It is done.

wtfbenson wrote: »
    Just filled out the survey. It's really cool to see this kind of input being solicited. :)

Whether it's listened to is another story :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Done. Excellent idea I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Assuming this is in Limerick I'm not too likely to attend this, but I've made my contribution anyway.

Yreval wrote: »
    Assuming this is in Limerick I'm not too likely to attend this, but I've made my contribution anyway.

Thanks! Really appreciate it.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Answered PS3 for 3S:OE because I use USB pad.

1289991844443s.jpg

Survey done.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yreval wrote: »

We completely understand that travelling from the North is a huge ask. I think its about 3.25 hrs by car and longer by train. I took the train once and it took about 4.5 hrs.

We are hoping that the community up there will keep an eye on this event over the coming weeks and months so you can see what we are planning. As I said earlier, we are going to try and make this event as economical as possible without compromising on the quality of the event. Hopefully, as we release more information, ye start to say "you know what, this sounds like it's going to be an unbelievable weekend. Why don't a group of us make a weekend of it, where we play games, have a laugh with the players and enjoy the whole experience".

Thanks for filling out the form!

Advertisement