Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 1l slim milk 37c

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

was brought up on UHT milk when I grew up in France. Yuk yuk yuk all the way. It took me some times to get used to fresh milk, but I could never go back to the UHT stuff now. I only use it as a cupboard emergency, and then only in cooking. The good thing is that it keeps for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

UHT milk on cereal is seriously wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

snubbleste wrote: »
    I bought loads and stuck it in the freezer.

Does that actually work? from my experience the water and the cream separates and your left with pale milky water on top and thick cream paste at the bottom of the carton.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Still some in tesco Midleton. Picked up 2 litres today.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

It seems that today is the last day for Tesco 1 litre skimmed milk selling at 37c. It will probably be 74c from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

landyman wrote: »
    uht milk is a bit manky, its all you can find in france. Fresh milk all the way
    In France, most supermarkets will have a small chilled cabinet with fresh (real!) milk. You might have to ask.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Jeez that one image of UHT milk caused some uproar. Someone somewhere sipping on their raw milk is laughing at the pasteurised milk crew from an even higher horse than some of ye are on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

jive wrote: »
    Jeez that one image of UHT milk caused some uproar. Someone somewhere sipping on their raw milk is laughing at the pasteurised milk crew from an even higher horse than some of ye are on!!

Unfortunately for the person on that high horse, it will be illegal to sell unpasteurised milk by the end of the year...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My local Tesco must've bought so much of these in, when I went in earlier they had at least 40 bottles reduced to 19c each with a BB date of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

tallpaul wrote: »
    Unfortunately for the person on that high horse, it will be illegal to sell unpasteurised milk by the end of the year...

Ah well, I'd imagine most people drinking raw milk are producing it themselves anyway. Raw milk being sold is very rare due to the license they need + the stringent controls they need to sell it anyway afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Up to 74c a litre in my place :(

Though it is still actually saving me money, my house mates are not drinking it so no more subbing their milk in take ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This is muck. Put some in my tea and it tasted like there was no milk in it at all.

Same thing for my cearal, was like cheerios and water.

1 1/2 litres going free in Midleton, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes but look at the picture of the happy cow
    That aint no happy cow....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

Aldi have fresh skimmed milk at 85c per litre, although they run out of it early every day. Made by Bainne Ur in Ireland.

Advertisement