Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ App Issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

ceegee wrote: »
    is it possible to switch accounts on the google+ app? I cant seem to switch to a different gmail ac

If you cant log out of it just go to "manage apps" on the phone and go to the google app, then clear data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Hecklar wrote: »
    ceegee wrote: »
    is it possible to switch accounts on the google+ app? I cant seem to switch to a different gmail ac

If you cant log out of it just go to "manage apps" on the phone and go to the google app, then clear data.
    Cheers for that, working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Add me to the list of those giving out G+ invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Using a Samsung Europa.

I saw Google+ on the Market last night and installed it out of curiosity. This morning, opened it to have a gander, it asked for a few basic details, then created a profile.

So.. basically, I had 'joined' without really meaning to, is that normal?

Not unhappy with joining, I would have tried before long, just, I was expecting maybe a notification to my Gmail or something similar, but instead.. not a peep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Amalgam wrote: »
    Using a Samsung Europa.

I saw Google+ on the Market last night and installed it out of curiosity. This morning, opened it to have a gander, it asked for a few basic details, then created a profile.

So.. basically, I had 'joined' without really meaning to, is that normal?

Not unhappy with joining, I would have tried before long, just, I was expecting maybe a notification to my Gmail or something similar, but instead.. not a peep.

Heh, what else did you expect? Your phone is already linked to a Google account, by installing the app you agreed to link that Google account with the app
    Permissions
    THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
    YOUR ACCOUNTS
    MANAGE THE ACCOUNTS LIST
    Allows an application to perform operations like adding, and removing accounts and deleting their password
    PICASA WEB ALBUMS
    Allows applications to sign in to Picasa Web Albums using the account(s) stored on this phone.
    USE THE AUTHENTICATION CREDENTIALS OF AN ACCOUNT
    Allows an application to request authentication tokens.
    YOUR LOCATION
    FINE (GPS) LOCATION
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the device, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
    NETWORK COMMUNICATION
    FULL INTERNET ACCESS
    Allows an application to create network sockets.
    YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
    READ CONTACT DATA
    Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
    PHONE CALLS
    READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
    Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
    STORAGE
    MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
    Allows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.
    SYSTEM TOOLS
    PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
    Allows an application to prevent the device from going to sleep.
    WRITE SYNC SETTINGS
    Allows an application to modify the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for Contacts.
    WRITE SUBSCRIBED FEEDS
    Allows an application to modify your currently synced feeds. This could allow a malicious application to change your synced feeds.
    YOUR ACCOUNTS
    READ GOOGLE SERVICE CONFIGURATION
    Allows this application to read Google service configuration data.
    DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
    Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the device.
    VIEW CONFIGURED ACCOUNTS
    Allows applications to see the usernames (email addresses) of the Google account(s) you have configured.
    HARDWARE CONTROLS
    CONTROL VIBRATOR
    Allows the application to control the vibrator.
    NETWORK COMMUNICATION
    VIEW NETWORK STATE
    Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
    SYSTEM TOOLS
    READ SYNC STATISTICS
    Allows an application to read the sync stats; e.g., the history of syncs that have occurred.
    READ SYNC SETTINGS
    Allows an application to read the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for Contacts.
    READ SUBSCRIBED FEEDS
    Allows an application to get details about the currently synced feeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Oh, I understand that totally, but I was under the impression Google+ was for the pretty people at the moment, inner circle etc.. Not common loafers and loiterers like myself.. ;)

Amalgam wrote: »
    Oh, I understand that totally, but I was under the impression Google+ was for the pretty people at the moment, inner circle etc.. Not common loafers and loiterers like myself.. ;)

Not anymore, anyone with a Gmail can sign up without invite now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not anymore, anyone with a Gmail can sign up without invite now
    Really? When did this happen? It was invite only, up until yesterday.

Really? When did this happen? It was invite only, up until yesterday.

Some posted yesterday that they were never invited but still could join when they went to https://plus.google.com when signed into Google, maybe it doesn't work for everyone

Edit: Didn't work, just signed out and tried it with my second gmail, looks like some got lucky or they allowed it for a while

From reading about it seems invites are once again closed completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It's still not open without invites.

However invites are open.

I have some invites. Drop me a PM with your gmail id if you are looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    From reading about it seems invites are once again closed completely

I've been throwing out invites today and seems most have got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Anyone have any invites left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

wouldnt mind an invite myself if there is any going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone have any invites left :)
    alanc2003 wrote: »
    wouldnt mind an invite myself if there is any going :)

Sure guys just fire off an pm with your email address to any of us that already have it! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yup I have the invites as well. At the moment it seems like you can send unlimited invites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

god's toy wrote: »
    Sure guys just fire off an pm with your email address to any of us that already have it! :cool:
    Got one off Mr Bloat, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

First update for the G+ app is in the market now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Just let me in without an invite...:D
    Linked to my existing google/gmail account...and away I go...

Advertisement