Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science (UCC) or Computing (CIT)?

• 29-06-2011 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey everyone,
    I am currently trying to decide which course to do in the upcoming college year.
    I've done a basic web design course in FAS and found it fairly simple, but I'm not sure whether that is the area I want to specialize in. Therefore, I would like to be able to have a taste of everything (i.e. web design, programming, software development etc..)
    I am wondering which course would be best to help me choose carefully which path in the IT sector I would like to take in the future.
    If anyone has any help/advice at all it would be much appreciated as I have only a few days to make up my mind.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Hi, I did a Fetac course in IT 2 years ago and found it simple enough and just completed my first year in Software Development/Computer Systems Management in IT Carlow last year and I can tell you it is alot harder.

Computer Science would involve Applied Maths, Physics if I'm correct?

If you want to be a developer then go for a Software Development/Engineering course.

If you want a more hands on job, i.e fixing computers, looking after networks then go for the Computing course.

Advertisement