Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Computer Science (UCC) or Computing (CIT)?

• 29-06-2011 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pete1990

Hey everyone,
    I am currently trying to decide which course to do in the upcoming college year.
    I've done a basic web design course in FAS and found it fairly simple, but I'm not sure whether that is the area I want to specialize in. Therefore, I would like to be able to have a taste of everything (i.e. web design, programming, software development etc..)
    I am wondering which course would be best to help me choose carefully which path in the IT sector I would like to take in the future.
    If anyone has any help/advice at all it would be much appreciated as I have only a few days to make up my mind.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 MakaDonVeli

Hi, I did a Fetac course in IT 2 years ago and found it simple enough and just completed my first year in Software Development/Computer Systems Management in IT Carlow last year and I can tell you it is alot harder.

Computer Science would involve Applied Maths, Physics if I'm correct?

If you want to be a developer then go for a Software Development/Engineering course.

If you want a more hands on job, i.e fixing computers, looking after networks then go for the Computing course.

Advertisement